Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Quest for the Repeat: Grand Rapids Griffins

Most of us are Grand Rapids Griffins fans who only watch the Red Wings because it's their affiliate. Tomas Jurco and Riley Sheahan re-assigned to Grand Rapids

vCash
    Game 3 of their series is on tonight for whoever cares. Puck drop should be in a few minutes if not just starting. They are up 2-0 over the Abbotsford Heat, looking for the sweep.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Yup. And they now have

Jurco-Sheahan-Callahan returning.

vCash
    Callahan is playing tonight as well. I found a stream for it so if anyone wants to watch PM me.

vCash
    I think its on first row..not able to watch tonight though..

vCash
    Jurco with the PP goal....

Wonder how different it is for them to go from playing the best team in the NHL to be playing against an AHL team.

I caught the 2nd half of the first period and the Griffins are just dominating
    Last edited by tigers.6; 04-30-2014 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    So there won't be a repeat. They got obliterated by the Texas Stars 7-1 in Game 6.

vCash
    Watched the playoffs a bit. Mitch Callahan looked off. Makes sense since the injury he was returning from and with a cage. Backman looked really, really good. Defense looked lost with Almquist out though. Pulkinnen's game is just great. His adjustment has been wonderful. He doesn't try to do too much and makes the simple plays.

vCash
    Told you so...twice...on Backman and Pulu....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Told you so...twice...on Backman and Pulu....
    You did, you did. Backman became the #1 defenseman pretty quickly. Of course Almquist had to be injured but the point remians. Holland talked about Backman being on the team next year. As for Pulkkinen, he doesn't play like your typical European anymore. It's just so effortless. Smart, correct plays. Nothing major. Goaltenders know about that slapshot, and he still gets it off.

vCash
    Im hoping Kindl is gone so AA and Backman get a shot, as well as Marchenko but he will need some AHL time to make sure he is alright after the injury. It will also allow Jensen to get some develop time he should of had this year but was derailed by injury. Also Nedo had a great year in the ECHL and needs to be given a fair chance in the AHL.

But yes Backman would have been the #1 even over AA. And Pulu plays a great game all around (even defensively he isnt as horrible as he was over seas) one part of me hopes Alfie isnt back so that he may get a crack.