Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win/how many games?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruins in 7

4 14.29%
  • Habs in 7

2 7.14%
  • Bruins in 6

11 39.29%
  • Habs in 6

7 25.00%
  • Bruins in 5

1 3.57%
  • Habs in 5

0 0%
  • Bruins in 4

3 10.71%
  • Habs in 4

0 0%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

EC SF: Bruins Vs. Canadiens

Figured we could use this with the Wings-Bruins thread turning toward Habs-Bruins. Discuss here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Actually called the divisional finals I think.

Can't wait, gonna be a blood bath.

vCash
    RW13 being proactive, I like it. I was hoping someone would create a thread.

I think I should stay away from the NHL forums for this series though...
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    There's no Canadien fans.. I'm sure your fine... I'm a massive fan of the kids in Montreal though. They're my second team, Boston beating Detroit or not. Should be a fun series.

To me, Montreal had the scariest top line to end the year. It's big, which is massive vs Boston. However secondary scoring needs to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    There's no Canadien fans.. I'm sure your fine... I'm a massive fan of the kids in Montreal though. They're my second team, Boston beating Detroit or not. Should be a fun series.

To me, Montreal had the scariest top line to end the year. It's big, which is massive vs Boston. However secondary scoring needs to happen.
    Montreal's offense can get real scary when they're clicking. They're so fast. In the blink of an eye, they are already flying down toward our end. It's fun to watch sometimes.

The key has to be discipline and secondary scoring for both sides. Bruins had a tough time finishing in the last series, so that's something to keep an eye out on.

I really can't wait for this one.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash

EC SF: Bruins Vs. Canadiens

This is going to be tough. 2 teams that could literally not be more different in terms of style. Polar opposites yet could very well be a top 3 rivalry in all of sports. No team I hate more than Montreal, and no team I respect more than Montreal.... This is going to be a fun series.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    As a fan of Original Six hockey I'm thoroughly looking forward to this. Got the B's, expecting the Habs to push them though, maybe as far as 7.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    RW13 being proactive, I like it. I was hoping someone would create a thread.

I think I should stay away from the NHL forums for this series though...
    Probably best for all of us.. Lol when the calls for chara to get arrested and saying the bruins are winning because of the refs it will just frustrate everyone lol.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I honestly am so happy to grow up in New England and be a Bruins fan. Why? Because I, as well as every other fans of the Bruins or Habs, get to be apart of the greatest rivalry in North America. The history and hatred between these two teams is amazing. It is honestly one of the only rivalries left where you can tell that both teams hate (HATE!) eachother, as well as the fans who can take it to a whole nother level. This one should be a great one. I, going off pure homerism, have the Bruins in a gut-wrenching, hair pulling 7 games.

Go Bruins, give this **** team hell! ****. The. Habs.

vCash
    It's weird how across 3 of the 4 major sports Boston's biggest rivals are the most dominant organization in each of those respective sports histories, despite them being geographically nowhere near each other (with the exception of the Lakers who are right on par with the Celtics but in a larger sense it's those two and then everyone else).

Anyway I feel like a good percentage of Bostonians would rank Yanks/Sox higher on their rivalry scale but I don't live in Boston. My roommate from college did/does though. I know he definitely would, and he's a die-hard of all Boston sports.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    It's weird how across 3 of the 4 major sports Boston's biggest rivals are the most dominant organization in each of those respective sports histories, despite them being geographically nowhere near each other (with the exception of the Lakers who are right on par with the Celtics but in a larger sense it's those two and then everyone else).

Anyway I feel like a good percentage of Bostonians would rank Yanks/Sox higher on their rivalry scale but I don't live in Boston. My roommate from college did/does though. I know he definitely would, and he's a die-hard of all Boston sports.
    The Yankees/Red Sox rivalry has been extremely lacking for quite some time now. That rivalry, imho, is strictly between fans and past history. The two teams don't hate eactoher at all, the games are boring and lack emotion. Also with baseball, players don't stick with teams long enough now to form rivarlies. Add all that in with the Sox/Yanks not meeting in the playoffs since what, 2004?

The Bruins and Habs, on the other hand, has always been prominent. Whether its regular season, or playoffs, the games always mean something. Any boston sports fan who puts Yanks/Red Sox as the top rivalry in Boston should seriously reconsider b/c that is just not the case anymore. The rivalries in my opinon are:

Bruins/Habs
    Pats/Jets
    Yanks/Sox
    Lakers/Celtics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    The Yankees/Red Sox rivalry has been extremely lacking for quite some time now. That rivalry, imho, is strictly between fans and past history. The two teams don't hate eactoher at all, the games are boring and lack emotion. Also with baseball, players don't stick with teams long enough now to form rivarlies. Add all that in with the Sox/Yanks not meeting in the playoffs since what, 2004?

The Bruins and Habs, on the other hand, has always been prominent. Whether its regular season, or playoffs, the games always mean something. Any boston sports fan who puts Yanks/Red Sox as the top rivalry in Boston should seriously reconsider b/c that is just not the case anymore. The rivalries in my opinon are:

Bruins/Habs
    Pats/Jets
    Yanks/Sox
    Lakers/Celtics
    I thought this was in general for a second.
    Last edited by DaBear; 04-28-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: nvm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post

Bruins/Habs
    Pats/Jets
    Yanks/Sox
    Lakers/Celtics
    Pretty much this. With the Sox and Yankees you see player go to the "darkside" all the time (Hello Jacoby Ellsbury). Very few players go from the Bruins to Canadians and vice versa. I think the last player to do it was Michael Ryder like 6-7 years ago.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    No Habs fans! Pfft! Posted this in the other thread. Hoping for a great series and no injuries either way.

Lucic vs Emelin, Price vs Rask, Gallagher vs Chara, Bergeron vs Pleks, Subban vs Marchand.

Best rivalry in all of hockey.

vCash
    I hate all of Boston sports teams. Giants and Habs diehard fan here from Montreal.

Will be an interesting series. Couldn't have ended better with the 4 game sweep and Patches getting the monkey off his back with the game winner. Top line will need to produce and Vanek is a known Bruin killer.

I think it comes down to Price vs Rask which means the Habs need lots of traffic in front of the net. One thing that Rask struggles with (as any goalie would) is the quick misdirections or passes across his face (Price too). We need to play quick and get him moving. Can't beat him 1v1

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast