Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Seahawk's ticket policy illegal?

A Niner's fan hoping to go to Seattle for the Niner Seahawks game filed "a $50 million lawsuit against the NFL that his hopes were dashed by the league and others he accuses of engaging in ''economic discrimination'' with an illegal ticket policy limiting credit-card sales to selected pro-Seattle markets. His lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas says it was part of an effort to keep 49er fans away and further promote the Seahawks' boisterous home-field advantage at CenturyLink Field."

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/49er-...layoff-tickets

I think he has a chance of winning the suit. How can they limit sales to certain geographic areas? Suppose those areas excluded people of a certain race - absolutely illegal.

vCash
    i was ognna make a thread on this too. i think this guy has a great case after reading everything and i agree with him. i imagine they will settle out of court.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Has a case I think, won't get 50M tho.

vCash
    If I understand correctly, he's suing the NFL cause the Seahawks limited playoff tickets to certain states. Denver did this last year and a few years ago with Pitt where they only limited tickets to the Rocky Mountain area. I don't see any problem with it and I hope the guy gets jack **** other than court fees. And it's not like he couldn't have bought them from a ticket broker or private seller.

Oh, and I'm 99% sure other teams have done this in the past. I also see no reason to bring race up. If they were to do something like deny Oakland to buy tickets, but allow a city like Woodside, I would agree. But they're not allowing certain whole states as it is. I don't see them not allowing Nevada or a California based on race.

vCash
    I don't think he deserves any money at all. I think the practice should be outlawed though - for SEA and all teams. Every consumer should have equal ability to buy a ticket to any game they want IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Pretty sure lots of teams do this in multiple sports too. IIRC this just happened in Hockey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think he deserves any money at all. I think the practice should be outlawed though - for SEA and all teams. Every consumer should have equal ability to buy a ticket to any game they want IMO.
    I'd agree with this.

vCash
    Terrible policy, but it is what it is.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    He gonna get a settlement and the policy is going to be changed. It's an illegal practice.

vCash
    The Chargers used to limit sales to Raider games in San Diego by requiring a purchase for that game to also include purchase of at least one other Charger home game. That sounds legal as teams certainly have the right to require multiple game purchases, even if their target is just the Raiders. But exclusion of geographical areas could have a problem in the courts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yeah, I can agree w/this.

vCash
    IMO I don't think there's anything wrong with what they did. IIRC, they allowed something like 5 states to purchase tickets. I think the home crowd should get dibs on the tickets, and it's not like there aren't ancient 49er fans walking all over the country, not to mention the young 49er fans fresh out of the woodwork the past few years. That stadium would've been packed with Seattle fans regardless of if there was this restriction.

Also, the dude just seems like your typical American leech. "Wahh, I'm upset, the damage to my feelings costs infinite moneys!"

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pedaso View Post
    A Niner's fan hoping to go to Seattle for the Niner Seahawks game filed "a $50 million lawsuit against the NFL that his hopes were dashed by the league and others he accuses of engaging in ''economic discrimination'' with an illegal ticket policy limiting credit-card sales to selected pro-Seattle markets. His lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas says it was part of an effort to keep 49er fans away and further promote the Seahawks' boisterous home-field advantage at CenturyLink Field."

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/49er-...layoff-tickets

I think he has a chance of winning the suit. How can they limit sales to certain geographic areas? Suppose those areas excluded people of a certain race - absolutely illegal.
    RIP freedom if there is any chance the 49ers fan wins the suit.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Any person in here, if they thought they had a case like this would do so. He's going to win. 50 mil? lol, no...but still he's going to win some money out of it, I think it's sad...but if someone came to you and say hey, you can get some money by doing this...I'm pretty sure anyone would
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    He gonna get a settlement and the policy is going to be changed. It's an illegal practice.
    Odd that no one has been able to cite any laws about this. Obviously is legal.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast