Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

It's official: Tanaka is our ace!

He has basically been awesome. More than I expected so soon. He has faced tough lineups and he is a 'strikeout machine'. He does not panic and attacks the batters. Batters are clueless as to what is coming.

We needed a true ace. C.C. stopped being that a long time ago. You never know which C.C. will show up. He may pitch well or he may get lit up. You never know. He has that, 'deer in the headlights' look when he does not do well.

I really wish we could have unloaded him before he becomes useless. His speed is gone. His intimidation factor is also gone. Nice guy, good guy in the clubhouse and all of that but his skills are fading fast. Nova will be our #2 when he is healthy. Mark my words on that!

Go Tanaka san!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    He has basically been awesome. More than I expected so soon. He has faced tough lineups and he is a 'strikeout machine'. He does not panic and attacks the batters. Batters are clueless as to what is coming.

We needed a true ace. C.C. stopped being that a long time ago. You never know which C.C. will show up. He may pitch well or he may get lit up. You never know. He has that, 'deer in the headlights' look when he does not do well.

I really wish we could have unloaded him before he becomes useless. His speed is gone. His intimidation factor is also gone. Nice guy, good guy in the clubhouse and all of that but his skills are fading fast. Nova will be our #2 when he is healthy. Mark my words on that!

Go Tanaka san!
    Nova will never be our #2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Agreed. If anything it will be Pineda.

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

vCash
    If he wore his hat to the side a little I'm sure you'd want him gone.
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Nova will never even be our #4.

vCash
    What about ACEves? I mean he has ace in his name

vCash
    He's been incredible thus far
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Tanaka has been everything as advertised and more so far. He definitely has the look of our ace. Tanaka-Pineda should be a fantastic 1-2 punch for a few years. CC as a 3 for the last 3 years of his contract is fine, minus the $25m a year he's getting. He seems like he's learning how to pitch with diminished velocity, a la Andy Pettitte.

Gotta figure out the 4-5 starters, though. Nova will be out likely until 2016, and even then, he still hasn't put together a full season of success. Kuroda is likely done after this year, and if not, definitely next season. I assume we'll pick up a starter in the off season. Maybe Banuelos will take significant steps forward and he can be a contributor next season.

vCash
    He's definitely been great but playoffs start tomorrow, CC still throws game one.

vCash
    I love your threads, chuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Tanaka has been everything as advertised and more so far. He definitely has the look of our ace. Tanaka-Pineda should be a fantastic 1-2 punch for a few years. CC as a 3 for the last 3 years of his contract is fine, minus the $25m a year he's getting. He seems like he's learning how to pitch with diminished velocity, a la Andy Pettitte.

Gotta figure out the 4-5 starters, though. Nova will be out likely until 2016, and even then, he still hasn't put together a full season of success. Kuroda is likely done after this year, and if not, definitely next season. I assume we'll pick up a starter in the off season. Maybe Banuelos will take significant steps forward and he can be a contributor next season.
    I'm thinking Nova, with the right luck and rehab, could be back mid next season. Maybe July or August in the 'pen.

vCash
    He only throws game 1 cause Joe wouldnt want to hear the media on why not start CC. Then the media would be nothing but a distraction. Next year, unless he falls off a cliff, Tanaka will be slotted as the Ace.

vCash
    I hope the wind does not blow his cap crooked.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Ace to disgrace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Ace to disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I swore I swore Tanaka wear his hat a little "crooked".

He's a disgrace to the game, the Yankees should DFA him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast