Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,715
    vCash
    1500

    It's official: Tanaka is our ace!

    He has basically been awesome. More than I expected so soon. He has faced tough lineups and he is a 'strikeout machine'. He does not panic and attacks the batters. Batters are clueless as to what is coming.

    We needed a true ace. C.C. stopped being that a long time ago. You never know which C.C. will show up. He may pitch well or he may get lit up. You never know. He has that, 'deer in the headlights' look when he does not do well.

    I really wish we could have unloaded him before he becomes useless. His speed is gone. His intimidation factor is also gone. Nice guy, good guy in the clubhouse and all of that but his skills are fading fast. Nova will be our #2 when he is healthy. Mark my words on that!

    Go Tanaka san!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    He has basically been awesome. More than I expected so soon. He has faced tough lineups and he is a 'strikeout machine'. He does not panic and attacks the batters. Batters are clueless as to what is coming.

    We needed a true ace. C.C. stopped being that a long time ago. You never know which C.C. will show up. He may pitch well or he may get lit up. You never know. He has that, 'deer in the headlights' look when he does not do well.

    I really wish we could have unloaded him before he becomes useless. His speed is gone. His intimidation factor is also gone. Nice guy, good guy in the clubhouse and all of that but his skills are fading fast. Nova will be our #2 when he is healthy. Mark my words on that!

    Go Tanaka san!
    Nova will never be our #2.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York Sir
    Posts
    5,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Nova will never be our #2.
    Agreed. If anything it will be Pineda.

    New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.



    As of 9/4/14

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,787
    vCash
    9209
    If he wore his hat to the side a little I'm sure you'd want him gone.
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,215
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Nova will never be our #2.
    Nova will never even be our #4.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    13,937
    vCash
    1500
    What about ACEves? I mean he has ace in his name

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    He's been incredible thus far
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,990
    vCash
    1500
    Tanaka has been everything as advertised and more so far. He definitely has the look of our ace. Tanaka-Pineda should be a fantastic 1-2 punch for a few years. CC as a 3 for the last 3 years of his contract is fine, minus the $25m a year he's getting. He seems like he's learning how to pitch with diminished velocity, a la Andy Pettitte.

    Gotta figure out the 4-5 starters, though. Nova will be out likely until 2016, and even then, he still hasn't put together a full season of success. Kuroda is likely done after this year, and if not, definitely next season. I assume we'll pick up a starter in the off season. Maybe Banuelos will take significant steps forward and he can be a contributor next season.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,489
    vCash
    1500
    He's definitely been great but playoffs start tomorrow, CC still throws game one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,275
    vCash
    1500
    I love your threads, chuck.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Tanaka has been everything as advertised and more so far. He definitely has the look of our ace. Tanaka-Pineda should be a fantastic 1-2 punch for a few years. CC as a 3 for the last 3 years of his contract is fine, minus the $25m a year he's getting. He seems like he's learning how to pitch with diminished velocity, a la Andy Pettitte.

    Gotta figure out the 4-5 starters, though. Nova will be out likely until 2016, and even then, he still hasn't put together a full season of success. Kuroda is likely done after this year, and if not, definitely next season. I assume we'll pick up a starter in the off season. Maybe Banuelos will take significant steps forward and he can be a contributor next season.
    I'm thinking Nova, with the right luck and rehab, could be back mid next season. Maybe July or August in the 'pen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,180
    vCash
    1600
    He only throws game 1 cause Joe wouldnt want to hear the media on why not start CC. Then the media would be nothing but a distraction. Next year, unless he falls off a cliff, Tanaka will be slotted as the Ace.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,605
    vCash
    1500
    I hope the wind does not blow his cap crooked.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I hope the wind does not blow his cap crooked.
    Ace to disgrace.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Ace to disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I hope the wind does not blow his cap crooked.
    I swore I swore Tanaka wear his hat a little "crooked".

    He's a disgrace to the game, the Yankees should DFA him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •