Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

TNT Kenny Smith: DeRozan a superstar in the making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gPHtGCCqPXk

I think if Derozan can be a consistent playmaker, play better defense/ rebound, and get his 3pt shot up, there's no reason why he cant be a 20/5/5 player.
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post

I think if Derozan can be a consistent playmaker, play better defense/ rebound, and get his 3pt shot up, there's no reason why he cant be a 20/5/5 player.
    So basically do everything that he was suppose to have worked on since being drafted?

I think this is all just hype to get people pumped about he EC playoffs nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    So basically do everything that he was suppose to have worked on since being drafted?
    I think this is all just hype to get people pumped about he EC playoffs nothing more.
    DeRozan is better than any SG in the league not named Harden or Dragic. And has the coaching, demeanor and organizational support to surpass everyone next season.

vCash

lol that is the case for half the league. but no hes not on the way to becoming a super star

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DemarDerozan View Post
    DeRozan is better than any SG in the league not named Harden or Dragic. And has the coaching, demeanor and organizational support to surpass everyone next season.
    hes in the same boat as guys like Matthews, Thompson, Beal, Martin, Ellis, Ginobli

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash

Superstar is a stretch. He doesn't have the Defense, Ball-Handling or Shot Selection to be a superstar.

vCash

He's already a 20/5/5 player basically. Doesn't necessarily make him a superstar.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Gives him another year or two before claiming superstar status

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post

Maybe you haven't looked at his stats this year, he took a big jump in assist, turnovers and a big jump in defense also a jump in FTA which he's among the league best. The 3pt shot will never be elite but it can be better. Perennial all-star sure, superstar probably not but then again if guys like Harden and PG are considered superstars then yes he can get to that level.

vCash
    Kenny Smith is dumb. I remember having a conversation in the NBA forum and someone tried to tell me that Kenny Smith was a star player on the '94 Rockets, and that because of that Hakeem did not win a ring as the sole star. I still laugh when I think of peanut-head being called an NBA star.

vCash
    So I take it that he'll be the new faux-superstar shoved down our throats after PG inevitably showed that he wasn't one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    So I take it that he'll be the new faux-superstar shoved down our throats after PG inevitably showed that he wasn't one.
    only if we win this series and not get swept by Miami. I love him but he's not even the best player on our team. As great as he was in the 1st half last night, he was horrible in the 2nd half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    hes in the same boat as guys like Matthews, Thompson, Beal, Martin, Ellis, Ginobli
    I only see one all-star there so it's safe to say that he's in the cut above all of those guys. Derozan is the linchpin of our offence meanwhile none of those guys mentioned are as important to their teams offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    only if we win this series and not get swept by Miami. I love him but he's not even the best player on our team. As great as he was in the 1st half last night, he was horrible in the 2nd half
    They were sending double and sometimes had even triple coverage. He wasn't horrible he was mostly a decoy in the second half spacing the floor for his teammates to create. I don't really see a problem with Kenny's statement. I don't think he'll be good enough to ascend next season but I don't see why he's not a superstar in the making.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    It kills me how many talented perimeter players have recently came into the league (Wall, Derozan, Beal) who can't seem to be efficient enough offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    It kills me how many talented perimeter players have recently came into the league (Wall, Derozan, Beal) who can't seem to be efficient enough offensively.
    This is Derozan's first year as the first option, obviously theres going to be growing pains from him adjusting from the second option(w/ Rudy Gay) and now being the teams offensive catalyst. That being said, the team struggles immensely when hes not on the floor, and the Terrence ross has done nothing to help space the floor for him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast