Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

What If Mark Davis Sold the Raiders?

Today was the first time that I've heard Magic Johnson say that he's actively working to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles. I know reports have linked him to the effort, but this morning he reiterated it on "live" TV.

Magic used to be a huge Raiders fan. I wonder if he still is?

I don't see it happening, but if Mark Davis decided to sell the Raiders, would you still support the team?
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash

What If Mark Davis Sold the Raiders?

Magic > Mark Davis.

Simple as that...he'll yeah I'd still support the team.

-Stork

vCash
    interesting

vCash
    This would be awesome.

vCash
    Of course I'd still support the Raiders. There isn't any reason I'd want him to sell though. As a Dodgers fan I hated McCourt, as a Lakers fan I'm beginning to really not like Jim Buss, but Mark has done a good job so far. He doesn't seem like McCourt who used the Dodgers as a personal ATM at the expense of the on field product or seem incompetent like Jim Buss.

Magic is really just a public face for the Guggenhiem group. I wouldn't want Magic without Guggenhiem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    Of course I'd still support the Raiders. There isn't any reason I'd want him to sell though. As a Dodgers fan I hated McCourt, as a Lakers fan I'm beginning to really not like Jim Buss, but Mark has done a good job so far. He doesn't seem like McCourt who used the Dodgers as a personal ATM at the expense of the on field product or seem incompetent like Jim Buss.

Magic is really just a public face for the Guggenhiem group. I wouldn't want Magic without Guggenhiem.
    Beginning to hate him?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I am starting to believe that the Davis family needs to step aside for the good of the team.
    Yes, I would still follow this team regardless of the owner.

vCash
    I think it would be an upgrade. An ownership group with some real resources + a huge media market = we would be one of the big boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Beginning to hate him?
    Hate is a strong word to use over a sports team. I do want Jim gone. Just like I wanted McCourt gone. I did hate McCourt because I thought he was bleeding the Dodgers dry, but Jim is just incompetent. Mark Davis hasn't done anything to lead me to believe he is a problem yet.
    Last edited by Kevj77; 04-27-2014 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    If he did sell the Raiders of course I would still follow them. What I want more then anything is a frakking new stadium.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    I really don't want to see this team move to LA but yes I'd support no matter what.

Also I think I remember hearing a rumor when Davis died that he had it set up that the team couldn't be sold out of the family unless financially they were in dire need. Could be completely false or true anyone remember anything like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I am starting to believe that the Davis family needs to step aside for the good of the team.
    Yes, I would still follow this team regardless of the owner.
    Mark hasn't done anything yet for me to give up hope on him as an owner. Now if nothing has improved in the 3 years this will be a very different story.

vCash
    I like Mark Davis so far...he looks like a strange character, but can't hate him for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I really don't want to see this team move to LA but yes I'd support no matter what.

Also I think I remember hearing a rumor when Davis died that he had it set up that the team couldn't be sold out of the family unless financially they were in dire need. Could be completely false or true anyone remember anything like that?
    I thought the Rams ownership had a similar situation set up. When the husband died the tax implications of the inheritance forced the wife to sell or something along those lines.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    The Raiders will be with the Davis family forcat least another 20 yrs

Representing that 330!!!!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast