Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How much should Donald Sterling be fined?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • $525K or less

2 18.18%
  • $1-2 Million

3 27.27%
  • $3-4 Million

0 0%
  • $5M or more

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What is an appropriate fine for Donald Sterling?

Assuming the NBA's investigation holds Sterling accountable for the reported recording, what is an appropriate fine for his actions?

For record keeping, the highest fine that has been given by the NBA was Micky Arison for $525,000 due to twitter posts during the lockout (ESPN).

So with that in mind, this should most likely be higher, but I wonder how far the NBA is willing to go to set an example?

vCash
    Shot in both knees
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

3. 04-27-2014, 06:38 PM
    Reason
    uncalled for, despite how disgusting Sterling is (lflol)

vCash
    1 year suspension
    It happen in baseball with that chick in the 90's for similar racist remarks

I don't see how it's anything different now

vCash
    No money, it won't impact him.....he loses team control, the team cannot get a 1st round draft pick as long as he owns the team, he is forced to sell....anything along those lines

I would defiantly say he at the very least he loses team control, now this won't happen but its where I would start.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    1 year suspension
    It happen in baseball with that chick in the 90's for similar racist remarks

I don't see how it's anything different now
    So basically all potential profits from the next full season? But at the same time hold Sterling accountable to pay their salaries? NBA would have to take control just like they did for New Orleans then. Also how do you keep the GM from running up the salary cap if nobody is there to say "this isn't a good financial decision"? Minority owners take over decision making (if there are any)?
    Last edited by beasted86; 04-27-2014 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    nothing. He did nothing wrong.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    This isn't fine worthy. Banishment or bust. Nothing else.

I just heard the audio. Sounds like the woman was reading from a script. I'd send her somewhere far too. While what Sterling said is despicable, that woman has caused more problems than there needed to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    So basically all potential profits from the next full season? But at the same time hold Sterling accountable to pay their salaries? NBA would have to take control just like they did for New Orleans then.
    It's all legally possible.

Nba will have to oversee the franchise during the 14-15 season while encouraging sterling to sell the team. A fine will not be big enough and if not there will be a huge backlash.

Nba will not have another black eye like they did with the palace at auburn

This will be situated fast

vCash
    force him to live in one of his section 8 apartments...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nothing. He did nothing wrong.
    Yes from his point of view he did not because it's his right to express his views

What isn't is the views have been out in the open and has reach national attention where non basketball people and people who don't even like sports know know he's a racist

It's one thing for the nba and its circles to know he's a racist

It's another thing when you have crack head jimmy down the block and every town know he's a racist. That's bad

You have to look at this in a business standpoint. If anything ruins the image your promoting, regardless if the party is right or wrong on his freedom of speech, they will take immediate action of removal

If the general manager of a McDonalds thoughts on his views of blacks were uneducated people no question the owner would fire him on the spot. Even if he said it in a private matter the fact it go out in the open hurt the image of McDonald and will do w/e it takes to clean it up

vCash
    No money. If anything he'll make money. NBA will take control of the franchise, force him to sell and he'll make a profit considering they weren't worth a whole lot when he bought them (in comparison).

Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Nothing. How can you be mad at a guy that doesn't want blacks at his game? Unless they're playing, serving you food, or cleaning up why would you want them there anyway?

They really need to do something about this rebel rousing woman. I think it is totally unfair how she forced that poor man to say things from his heart that some trouble making hypersensitive people would misinterpret as "racist."

vCash
    I don't know enough about the NBA legal system for owner conduct to pull a random number out of my ***.

vCash
    5 million fine for 81 year old billionaire?
    Sorry, but money won't cut it. NBA should force him to sell the team some way, unfortunately I don't know the way for that.
    Its hard, because you can't really punish him in any way, even if he sells the team he is gonna profit.
    Last edited by Minimal; 04-27-2014 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    He should not be allowed to be an owner in the league anymore, Period!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast