Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Random Giants Stuff

There's always so much random Giants related stuff but never a good place to put it so I'm starting this thread. Here's an article about the 2002 draft from MLBTR.com:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...002-draft.html

Giants. First-rounder Matt Cain was a huge hit, and the Giants also got reasonable value from second-rounder Fred Lewis and fourth-rounder Kevin Correia. Eighth-rounder Clay Hensley helped them land reliever Matt Herges. And unlike some teams on this list, the Giants didn’t have a mess of compensation picks, selecting just once in each round.
    Matt ****ing Herges! Haven't heard that name in a while. I'd say we had a pretty damn god draft that year.

Also from MLBTR.com:
    After being designated for assignment by the Pirates, Travis Ishikawa became a free agent and signed with the Giants, who sent him to Triple-A Fresno. That’s an assignment with which Ishikawa is familiar, Bryant-Jon Anteola of the Fresno Bee reports. Ishikawa also played for Fresno in the 2008 and 2011 seasons. Ishikawa is, of course, aiming higher than Triple-A, however. “When I was looking around, the Giants made contact, and I noticed there wasn’t a lot of left-handed hitting on the bench up there,” he says. “Figured this was a good chance to get back up there and try to repeat what I was able to do before with the Giants.”
    I'd take a 2010 Ishikawa off the bench this season.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    I had high hopes for Fred Lewis after Bonds was gone. Too bad he never panned out.

vCash
    I liked Lewis, just didn't like him leading off. Didn't he have chronic bunions or something like that towards the end of his Giants tenure?

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    Yup, and he continued to have related issues in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Yup, and he continued to have related issues in Toronto.
    I vividly remember wanting to sign Alfonso Soriano for 2b and having Lewis in LF as Bonds' replacement.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Mother's Day cycle was epic. Now whenever I see those pink bats or cleats I think of Freddy Lew

vCash
    I'll always remember his weird way of running side-to-side.

Ariana Grande

vCash

Random Giants Stuff

I miss Marvin Bernard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    I miss Marvin Bernard
    *Benard

I loved Galarraga. I was so happy when they acquired him.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I miss Shea Hillenbrand

vCash
    Accardo >>>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    *Benard

I loved Galarraga. I was so happy when they acquired him.
    I think the Big Cat still holds the record for longest HR hit at AT&T for a RH.

vCash
    Giants manager Bruce Bochy indicated Sunday that he'll talk to Brandon Belt and perhaps give the struggling slugger a day off on Monday.
    Belt's recent struggles continued in Sunday's win over the Indians, striking out in all four of his plate appearances. He's mired in an 0-for-12 slump and has whiffed in eight of those at-bats.
    Nothing wrong with a day off. Perhaps Morse can shift to 1B and Blanco can start in LF for a game.

Also, Brandon Hicks now has 3 HR, one shy of the 2013 total for all Giants second basemen.
    Last edited by RTL; 04-27-2014 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    I think he mentioned Posey starting at first and Hector catching. How much experience does Morse have at first?

vCash
    Just send Belt to Fresno, that bum!

Morse has 130 games and 923.1 innings played at first. Though the last two years only playing 7 games and 56 innings combined. The bulk of it came in 2011.

Ariana Grande

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast