vCash

Mets team offense rankings

22nd in MLB, runs scored
    28th in MLB, total hits
    27th in MLB, homeruns
    29th in MLB, batting average
    26th in MLB, OBP
    30th in MLB, slugging

Nasty. We're not talking about it much because they're actually winning anyway, but they can't keep this up and expect to continue winning. How much of this is due to the weather? How much of it can be blamed on the park? How much of it is an indictment of the team itself?
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Yea obviously this crap offense will catch up to us eventually in May or June and we will fall to the Cellar of NL East with MIA. Our pitching isn't good enough to carry us for an entire season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Yea obviously this crap offense will catch up to us eventually in May or June and we will fall to the Cellar of NL East with MIA. Our pitching isn't good enough to carry us for an entire season.
    It might be good enough to keep the team around .500. Syndergaard and Montero provide quality depth.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    22nd in MLB, runs scored
    28th in MLB, total hits
    27th in MLB, homeruns
    29th in MLB, batting average
    26th in MLB, OBP
    30th in MLB, slugging

Nasty. We're not talking about it much because they're actually winning anyway, but they can't keep this up and expect to continue winning. How much of this is due to the weather? How much of it can be blamed on the park? How much of it is an indictment of the team itself?
    Even at 13-10, there's always something to be negative about.. And the regulars on here will find that something.

vCash
    Yeah, and you can clearly see the rankings in the IGT. This is unnecessary.

vCash
    I will open this back up because even with a winning record, the offense is a concern.

The pitching will not be as good as it has been the last two weeks, so the offense has to pick it up.

vCash
    The pitching will not be as good as it has been and the offense won't be as bad as they have been.

There's a revelation right there.

vCash
    The question is how good can this offense be? Middles of the pack?, lower third? I don't see it as been top half in baseball.

The pitching can certainly be top half even top ten.

The offense is a concern that has to be addressed and not just something that you hope will get better.

vCash
    The Mets will not have the 27th best offense when it's all said and done. When the weather gets warmer, the bats are going to start heating up.

Wright: 97 wRC+
    Murphy: 89 wRC+
    d'Arnaud: 73 wRC+
    CYoung: 31 wRC+
    Granderson: 41 wRC+
    Tejada: 45 wRC+

All those guys should and likely will improve(even Tejada) drastically from where they are right now. The only hitters that are performing significantly above their expectations are Lagares and a bunch of bench guys.

So I think this team can be in the Top 15 when it comes to offensive value(baserunning included).

The pen needs a bit of help, but the rotation should be solid moving forward.

vCash
    The Braves are 24th in run scored.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The Mets will not have the 27th best offense when it's all said and done. When the weather gets warmer, the bats are going to start heating up.

Wright: 97 wRC+
    Murphy: 89 wRC+
    d'Arnaud: 73 wRC+
    CYoung: 31 wRC+
    Granderson: 41 wRC+
    Tejada: 45 wRC+

All those guys should and likely will improve(even Tejada) drastically from where they are right now. The only hitters that are performing significantly above their expectations are Lagares and a bunch of bench guys.

So I think this team can be in the Top 15 when it comes to offensive value(baserunning included).

The pen needs a bit of help, but the rotation should be solid moving forward.
    Above average offense? Really?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    What upsets me most is that for the next 4-7 years, our pitching could be good enough to win titles, but Wilpon will not spend money on the bats to support this pitching staff.

Thanks to Wilpon's cheapness, we could miss out on a long period of contention. The hell with the Wilpons. If they miss this chance, with all these young great pitchers, then I'll stop being a fan. Remember everyone....if public pressure, and the interview Mike Francessa with Steve Phillips where Mike GRILLED him and the Mets for not going after a legit bat back in 1998 didn't happen, Mike Piazza isn't a Met (and we don't have the great 1999 and 2000 seasons that we enjoyed). Wilpon is capable of letting opportunities slip, only to squeeze pennies. We have to be loud and pressure the team into not missing this opportunity. When fan pressure was there in 1998, we got Piazza. We need similar fan pressure NOW!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Above average offense? Really?
    Middle of the pack offense. Definitely not as bad as it is right now. Get a new SS, and I don't see why they can't be above average.

vCash
    I'll agree with not as bad as now but they are still below average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightstuff82 View Post
    the pitching will not be as good as it has been and the offense won't be as bad as they have been.

There's a revelation right there.
    Winner.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast