Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 104

Thread: Lardball

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,392
    vCash
    1500

    Lardball

    The Mets would not speak with the media postgame Friday until Post beat writer Mike Puma left the clubhouse, the Daily News reported. Wrote Kristie Ackert and Justin Tasch:

    Apparently angry about an article in the New York Post on Friday about Bartolo Colon under the headline “LARDBALL,” the players would not talk to the media until Post writer Mike Puma left the clubhouse. Puma was asked to leave and did so without incident. Within a minute, several Mets appeared in the clubhouse. The team would not comment on the incident.

    The first paragraph of that game story read:

    If the umpires searched Bartolo Colon’s neck for a foreign substance on Thursday, chances are they only would have found peanut butter.
    If the umpires searched Bartolo Colon’s neck for a foreign substance on Thursday, chances are they only would have found peanut butter.

    Other than for one abysmal afternoon in Southern California, the rotund right-hander has given the Mets exactly what they would have expected for two years and $20 million.
    http://nypost.com/2014/04/24/colon-p...ver-cardinals/


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,691
    vCash
    1500
    Clay, what are your thoughts?
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,323
    vCash
    1500
    Personally I respect the team for doing this. These writers care less and less about the games they cover and more and more about making controversial statements.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,323
    vCash
    1500
    This is no different than racism or Gay slurs.
    Imagine if he was Jason Collins and he said the only thing on collins neck was his boyfriends cologne.....

    Mike puma is an idiot. The only foreign substance on him is Stupidity.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,102
    vCash
    1500
    Those are typical NY Post standards.

    Good for the players. They have a nice clubhouse thing going.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,392
    vCash
    1500

    Lardball

    Writers have no accountability for their statements. No accountability for how they vote.

    They spend more creating the news and less time reporting it.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Writers have no accountability for their statements. No accountability for how they vote.

    They spend more creating the news and less time reporting it.
    exactly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    18,026
    vCash
    1500
    Adam Rubin once said he had to rewrite an article on the Mets because his editor said it wasn't negative enough. Writers often frame quotes in exaggerated or fabricated contexts as well.
    “The Wilpons and Mr. Saul Katz — the people who say they don’t care about the team are sorely misguided,” Ojeda told the newspaper. “These are the biggest Mets fans you will meet."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Writers have no accountability for their statements. No accountability for how they vote.

    They spend more creating the news and less time reporting it.
    They're not all the same.

    The NY Post is trash from beginning to end and has been trash for the last 40 years.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,480
    vCash
    1500
    Mike Puma is one to talk.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,897
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^ looool my exact thoughts.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils



    THE FUTURE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:28383655
    Writers have no accountability for their statements. No accountability for how they vote.

    They spend more creating the news and less time reporting it.
    Youll find few better examples of this than "Lard Ball."

    Fact is his weight was ripe for the lampooning upon his signing and msybe during ST. Certainly ive had my fun with it. Lets face it, pro athletes arent supposed to be fat. When they are they are subject to derision.

    But making it the lead or the headline a month into the season is just wrong, inappropriate and in really bad taste.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Youll find few better examples of this than "Lard Ball."

    Fact is his weight was ripe for the lampooning upon his signing and msybe during ST. Certainly ive had my fun with it. Lets face it, pro athletes arent supposed to be fat. When they are they are subject to derision.

    But making it the lead or the headline a month into the season is just wrong, inappropriate and in really bad taste.
    David Wells might want to talk to you about this.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:28383796
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Youll find few better examples of this than "Lard Ball."

    Fact is his weight was ripe for the lampooning upon his signing and msybe during ST. Certainly ive had my fun with it. Lets face it, pro athletes arent supposed to be fat. When they are they are subject to derision.

    But making it the lead or the headline a month into the season is just wrong, inappropriate and in really bad taste.
    David Wells might want to talk to you about this.
    And until recently CC Sabbathia.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    13,267
    vCash
    1500

    Lardball

    Isn't Puma like 400 pounds after taking a massive dump?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •