Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors To Change "Golden State" Moniker?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    If they do this I'll be ****ing pissed.

vCash
    The reason why the Warriors have so many great fans is because the name, Golden State represents the entire bay area, not just one particular city

vCash
    they want to rip the hearts out of the east bay by doing this. They will lose fans and revenue by playing this game. **** you Rick Welts and Joe Lacob if you change the name to the San Francisco Warriors

**** you Welts and Lacob! Don't **** around with the Warriors. You've already gone far enough by moving the team to the heavily gentrified mission district

vCash
    How the fuq can you misconstrue this so bad? They said they are asking the fans for their input to see if they want a name change to San Francisco Warriors. The title in the article itself says it's "seeking fan input" and you're already saying they are changing it's Golden State Moniker like it's a foregone conclusion. Get a grip dude.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    they want to rip the hearts out of the east bay by doing this. They will lose fans and revenue by playing this game. **** you Rick Welts and Joe Lacob if you change the name to the San Francisco Warriors

**** you Welts and Lacob! Don't **** around with the Warriors. You've already gone far enough by moving the team to the heavily gentrified mission district
    Mission Bay and Mission District are two completely different areas.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    How the fuq can you misconstrue this so bad? They said they are asking the fans for their input to see if they want a name change to San Francisco Warriors. The title in the article itself says it's "seeking fan input" and you're already saying they are changing it's Golden State Moniker like it's a foregone conclusion. Get a grip dude.
    It's not misconstrued if they're even entertaining the idea. This shouldn't be entertained. Who else would agree to a SF name change except SF residents and natives? lol Its not even necessary to entertain unless they've made their minds up because Id suspect most GS fans wouldn't want San Francisco or Oakland attached to the Warriors. It's the bay's team and Golden State pretty much sums that up

vCash
    Mission Bay and Mission District are two completely different areas.
    I heard Mission Bay is way out the way and kind of in the boonies of SF. What do you think MS about the area for an arena? Moving to the City is good enough!

vCash
    It's not misconstrued if they're even entertaining the idea. This shouldn't be entertained. Who else would agree to a SF name change except SF residents and natives? lol Its not even necessary to entertain unless they've made their minds up because Id suspect most GS fans wouldn't want San Francisco or Oakland attached to the Warriors. It's the bay's team and Golden State pretty much sums that up
    Real Golden State fans will want to keep it Golden State, even if they are from San Francisco (including me). I am from SF and would be pretty disappointed if they changed it to SF Warriors.

Only the SF ones who see it as territory will want to change it. Same ones who hate the A's and Raiders because (Oakland) is attached to it. But somehow Golden State is okay because Oakland isn't there, despite the fact that they play in Oakland. But of motherfkun idiots if you ask me.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I heard Mission Bay is way out the way and kind of in the boonies of SF. What do you think MS about the area for an arena? Moving to the City is good enough!
    Mission Bay is in a redeveloping area. They just finished the UCSF campus over there and it's progressing. There's lots of open space over there.

Per this google maps:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ucsf+...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Hopefully this kind of illustrates the open space (besides the hospital). Click the first link and go to street view

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash

Warriors seek to exclude the greater bay area by changing its name to San Francisco

I don't think they should do it, but I really wouldn't mind.

vCash
    They shouldn't do it and they won't because every fan outside of SF would say to keep it as Golden State.

Or change it to the Bay Area Warriors lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    I am born in raised in San Francisco. And I vote to keep it golden state

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I am born in raised in San Francisco. And I vote to keep it golden state
    I think most will, surely the 19,000 that go to the games right now will. Plus most non-bandwagon fans inside and outside of SF.

It'll just be the sort of hipster/trendy bandwagon people that want it to be associated with SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    I'd be very very pissed if they changed the name and honestly their freaking dumb as fvck if they don't think it will disenfranchise those fans in the east bay that are already upset about losing their team to SF after help making the warriors a top sold out game franchise during a 16 out of 17 year streak of MISSING the playoffs. I get they want to create a new image but making it SF warriors is an outrageous slap in the face to east bay fans to me. It should remain Golden State. I'd be cool with Bay Area Warriors tho. The name needs to represent the fan base not just the city in this case.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast