Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

No more Kevin Burkhardt on SNY after this season :(

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

NEW YORK -- Kevin Burkhardt has confirmed he is leaving SNY at the end of the current season to join Fox Sports full time in an NFL, MLB and college basketball role.

Burkhardt's SNY contract expires at the end of the season.

Steve Gelbs increasingly has been filling in for Burkhardt on weekends, when Burkhardt's Fox duties conflict.

Burkhardt has served as Mets field reporter on SNY for eight seasons.

He will move to Los Angeles.

“It’s pretty crazy,” Burkhardt told Don Burke in the Post. “Talking about it, I can’t even believe it. It’s totally nuts. Obviously, the job, for me, is incredible. I couldn’t have scripted it any better if I tried. Sometimes in life you’re looking forward to something completely different. It has been quite a couple of years.”
    Bound to happen I guess once he started moving on to bigger things like calling NFL games for Fox. I'll miss him though. He kind of grew on me in the last couple of seasons.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-25-2014 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    I don't care for sideline reporting. I wish they would stop it altogether. But I guess that's actually a different post topic.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I don't mind a good sideline reporter. My issue with Kevin, initially, was that he was always of the company line and asked a ton of softball questions. He started deviating from that more in recent seasons and I commend him for being critical of the team and certain players when he felt it was necessary to do so.

Calling ST Met games and doing sideline reporting>>>>>calling NFL games for Fox imo but obviously the exposure, money and location were too much to turn down.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-25-2014 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    I'm going to miss KB. Steve Gelbs sucks.

vCash
    makes sense considering there was no room to grow with sny because he isnt replacing gary cohen anytime soon

vCash
    I like Kevin, he added quite a bit of information whether it was relevant or fluff. But whenever a play occurred while he was adding something, he never hesitated to go into play by play mode.

He is a class act, and I will miss him.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Get a hot chick, is not like I listen to what they have to say anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I like Kevin, he added quite a bit of information whether it was relevant or fluff. But whenever a play occurred while he was adding something, he never hesitated to go into play by play mode.

He is a class act, and I will miss him.
    That's what I like about him. Some either keep talking about their subject matter or just go completely silent hoping the play by play guy takes over for a quick second. He wasn't too bad at it either.

Not a fan of the new guy.

vCash
    No biggy. While he was OK enough at it it is hardly a necessary role.

Has anyone noticed that Ron seems to be particularly grumpy this year? I think its kind of funny but he has a full on case of the "when I was young we walked three miles to school in the snow" disease.

vCash
    So long as Gary and Keith are in the booth... I could really care less about anything else related to the broadcast team.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Not a fan of Ronny?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah that would work too. The Yankees stole Meredith Marakovits from SNY so that could have worked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Not a fan of Ronny?
    I like Gary, Keith, and Ron together best, but not just Gary and Ron. Gary and Keith is still very entertaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet:28379410
    I don't care for sideline reporting. I wish they would stop it altogether. But I guess that's actually a different post topic.
    Generally I dont either because it tends to be talking for the sake of talking. But Kevin was one of the few who could add value from the sideline.

He'll be missed.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    X2, I knew Kevin was a gonner once he started calling NFL games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast