Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Just another silly draft trade rumor

On XM Football talk radio this morning, A couple of the so called experts gave their mock draft. One guy, who I never got the name of who it was, but it was an ex player, said that he is hearing out of Houston that a 3 way deal is being talked about involving Houston, Buffalo and Atlanta.

In the Deal, Atlanta goes from 6th pick to the Bills 9th pick and just receives the Bills 3rd round pick this year. Apparently, Atlanta feels that the guy Atlanta wants to draft at 6, will be there at 9, so they are happy with an extra 3rd round pick, along with getting the guy they already planned on drafting anyways.

Houston will get Atlanta's 6th pick in 2014, Buffalo's 2014 2nd round pick and a 2015 3rd round pick along with CJ Spiller. Buffalo will get the 1st pick in the draft.

vCash
    Meh, while I do believe you could regrow Spiller in another back, I don't see the point. I love Mack, but is he really worth that much of a jump. Honestly, I would prefer them maybe to move up to 6 to possibly get one of the two big WR's or a better shot at a tackle. In the end I'm fine with Lewan, Ebron, Mosley, or a high upside CB.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I don't think the Bills want Mack with that pick. According to these guys, Houston will take Spiller and not worry about their running game anymore with him and Foster. With the 6th pick, Houston will be targeting one of the 3 QB's. The Bills are after Clowney with the first pick in the draft.

I don't like the deal. The Bills have to many holes on this team. Clowney to me is great, but not great enough to lose a 2nd and 3rd this year. There is talent in this draft, but picking 1st and then waiting til the 4th round will leave a lot of holes still left to be filled.

After I wrote this rumor, someone else reported that the Carolina Panthers have inquired about Stevie Johnson. Now if the Bills can get some draft picks back this year from Carolina, maybe it would be a good move.

vCash
    Doesn't make sense. Once I saw Spillers name brought up and the 2015 pick, I stopped reading. I don't think Clowney is worth 2 game changers (Spiller and the 9th pick) and 3 role players (2 2nds and a 3rd). You only make that trade for a QB and even then it always seems to bite you in the butt. Refer to the Redskins or Bears.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    more things apply

vCash
    If anything, I can see the Bills moving up, but just trading with Atlanta, going from 9 to 6. Atlanta is not going after a WR and moving down 3 spots will not hurt their chances of getting the guy they want.

I bet we are going after a Wide Receiver. Evans or Watkins if he amazingly falls.

Even though we got M. Williams, neither him or Stevie are number 1 receivers. Evans has phenomenal reach. He can out leap, out grab and get to balls that Williams and Stevie would have no chance in the world to catch. That type of receiver is more valuable than any other position.

vCash
    That would be dumb to no end for Buffalo....

#9 Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    3rd Round Pick
    CJ Spiller - Young Proven 1,000-yard starting back

to move up 5 spots for a defensive end

vCash
    Spiller has had one really productive season among a host of other disappointing ones. He's about to get really expensive. So many teams around the league have found success with RBs drafted after round 2 that it's really hard to think that he couldn't be a tremendous trade chip for us if someone values him that much. His talent is undeniable, but if it never sees the field or he still can't find a way to be more productive than Fred Jackson when he's on it, then how valuable is he really to this team?

Le'Veon Bell (48th), Eddie Lacy (61st), Zac Stacy (160th) from last years draft all outproduced Spiller last season. It isn't as if he's that difficult to replace.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    To the Bills benefit, Spiller is regarded around the league as one of the biggest threats at RB and WR out of the backfield. Unfortunately for the Bills, over the past couple of years, they never had a QB or coach, that is smart enough to read defenses in order to make Spiller a bigger part of the game.

With Spillers age and reputation, I can see a lot of teams wanting him, thinking that with their coaching prowess and QB, Spiller can be a 2000 yard back.

vCash
    I'm not a fan of trading next year's first.

I'm also not a fan of trading Spiller. FJ is getting up there and I don't see him being a featured back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    I'm not a fan of trading next year's first.

I'm also not a fan of trading Spiller. FJ is getting up there and I don't see him being a featured back.
    RBs are pretty plentiful every draft. As I stated earlier, productive backs can be found in rounds 2-3. Spiller really hasn't lived up to his 1st round selection. He's been the 2nd best back on the team most of his time here.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I agree he hasn't lived up to the hype, he's still pretty good. I'm just not a fan of creating another need. We've got a pretty good tandem, I'm not sure it's the best idea to mess with something that's pretty good.

I'm in the camp that there will be something good at nine, so take it there.

I really want to hold on to next year's first in case we are looking for a QB.

vCash
    I'm not necessarily in favor of the original trade proposal, but I wouldn't be at all against trading Spiller.

I like the class this year much more than next year. Mettenberger is a guy that really intrigues me. We won't have a shot at, nor do I want anything to do with, Winston next year.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    With Jackson, Spiller, Dixon and now trading for Brown, I wonder if a CJ trade is coming this pre season. If a contending team loses a starting running back during pre season, Perhaps CJ gets us the first round pick we lost to Cleveland.