Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Let's talk 2014-15...

Thread for the offseason.. conference picks, early rankings, sleeper teams, general discussion, whatever.

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    excited to finally find out where Turner lands. In most all reports out there he's heading to KU, SMU, or Texas.

KU would become near unstoppable with Turner at C and Alexander at PF, Oubre on the wing and Ellis of the bench. SMU is already looking good with their incoming recruits and turner could be a cherry on the top. And Texas would become MASSIVE and a huge team down low and become a very scary team.

Duke will be filthy next year also, but they need to hope all of those freshman will mesh, none of their upperclassman impress me too much. Could pull a UK though. Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see how the minutes are spread around that team, looks like the Harrisons may be coming back along with cauley-stein and Johnson, and the usual crop of 5 star recruits

I'd still have my Cats #1 or #2 going into next year though. A tiny bit homer, but justified imo.

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    If we can land Devonta Graham, I feel we can finish top 5 in the ACC which would be sweet.

vCash
    Michigan got ****ed by their players declaring for the draft, Stauskas, Robinson, and McGary all gone, Michigan lacks a big man with experience.

vCash
    Tharpe transferring from KU is a big deal.

They're going HARD after Graham.

vCash
    Imagine a Duke vs Kentucky for the National Championship... The world could literally explode!!

With the Harrison Twins coming back expect them to be very very very good next year! My title favorites but of course I am a Kentucky fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Tharpe transferring from KU is a big deal.

They're going HARD after Graham.
    And they got him.

KU replaces Embiid, Wiggins and Tharpe with Alexander, Oubre and Graham.

Not too shabby.

vCash
    Tharpe was a good general, but seemed to lack confidence in pressure plays.
    Disappeared in a sense.

Bring on Graham!

vCash
    Should be a good battle for the Big 12 between KU and Texas now that Turner announced and Texas returns everyone I believe. Their size will only be matched by Kentucky.

Having said that, you'd have to be an idiot to bet against Self at this point

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Michigan got ****ed by their players declaring for the draft, Stauskas, Robinson, and McGary all gone, Michigan lacks a big man with experience.
    Yeah, McGary especially. What a ****** situation with the year long ban, clearly removed any choice from the decision.

Disappointed since our game with Michigan was gonna be one of the better games on our OOC schedule had 1 or 2 stayed.
    Last edited by UofAZ420; 05-05-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Yeah, McGary especially. What a ****** situation with the year long ban, clearly removed any choice from the decision.

Disappointed since our game with Michigan was gonna be one of the better games on our OOC schedule had 1 or 2 stayed.
    What's stupid is they changed the rule a week after they issued the ban to half season. There's no excuse for breaking the rules, but a year ban for weed is unnecessary since something worse like a DUI is something like a few games suspension.

vCash
    Iowa State just landed a 7 footer from Greece today. He may not contribute much next year but he will be some nice insurance if Jameel McKay gets his waiver denied. ISU should be pretty damn good again next year, even with losing Ejim and Kane. They aren't in the Kansas or Texas category but I believe they are in the tier right below that. Should be another fun season in the Big XII.

vCash
    Big day for AZ athletics yesterday. Received a big donation from a booster and Byrne, miller, and rich rod all received extensions and raises, supposedly the new contracts have a tie in to the boosters oil business profits as well