Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Julius Randle Grew Up A Kobe Fan

it's from a website/link that I don't know if I can post.

This year’s NBA draft is full of a number of players who could be future stars at the next level. Guys like Jabari Parker, Dante Exum, and Andrew Wiggins are all very highly touted prospects.

The latest big name to declare for the draft was Kentucky power forward Julius Randle who helped lead the Wildcats to the National Championship game this year.

Randle appeared on The Dan Patrick Show this morning, and despite growing up in Dallas, his favorite player as a child was a certain popular Laker:

“Kobe Bryant for sure. Growing up I was a huge Kobe Bryant fan.”

Randle is currently projected to be selected in the top six of the draft, and as it stands, the Lakers would be in that group right now making Randle a strong possibility for the Lakers.

– Lakers Nation Store Is Back! Check Out The Latest Gear! –

The Lakers will almost definitely be in need of frontcourt help as there are huge questions surrounding the possible returns of Chris Kaman, Jordan Hill, and Pau Gasol, all of whom are free agents.

Randle is aware that he could end up in Los Angeles, and also told Dan Patrick that he wouldn’t mind becoming a Laker and could learn a lot from Bryant himself:

“Playing with him (Bryant) would be amazing as well, I could learn a lot from him [...] I’ve always been a Laker fan and it would be a tremendous honor to play there.”

Randle, a traditional power forward with a strong, NBA-ready body, could give the Lakers a scoring option down low which will be needed, especially if Gasol leaves in free agency.

With many believing that Kobe Bryant will not be able to return to his previous form, the Lakers could use someone like Randle to get the Lakers back to their championship form.

vCash
    Wow... a 20 year old kid was a fan of kobe...

This is shocking...

Is that you smushie?

JK

vCash
    Now suck me

(Am I doing this right?)

vCash
    I wouldnt mind having Randle, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of us getting Love?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984:28372977
    I wouldnt mind having Randle, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of us getting Love?
    I guess we could always trade him later but if he's the best player available when we pick you gotta take him.

vCash
    just hope he stays a fan from afar and not in purple & gold.

vCash
    If you were 10 years old when a certain someone scored 81 pts...how would you not be a fan? LOL. I would guess the only person not a huge fan of Kobe in this draft class is Embiid, because that dude def wasnt watching Kobe score 81 pts.

This is who I would send to the NBA Lottery.

vCash
    That's cool but it doesn't really matter who he was a fan of. If we got the rights to every player that was a Kobe fan growing up, we'd be in great shape.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    unless we can help randle get quicker and have an outside shot to switch him into a SF like LBJ then it will seem pointless to draft him and go after love.
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    The guy is like a T-Rex, tiny arms. I hope the Lakers look elsewhere.

vCash
    What difference does it? It kills me every time a nba prospect says he likes the lakers or wouldn't mind playing here. None of this increases the possibility of a top prospect playing here. He probably liked cartoons as a kid too!!

The truth is painful

vCash
    Pass. No Wiggins, No Embiid, trade down, get multiple players in return.
    Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Randle for Kevin Love...Book it...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    honestly IM holding out hope for Randle or Exum if either one of thes guys can fall too us...It would make my year despite the f-d up year we have had~!!
    I have faith we will return to the promise land very soon. go lakers!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    honestly IM holding out hope for Randle or Exum if either one of thes guys can fall too us...It would make my year despite the f-d up year we have had~!!
    And then Antonio runs our draft pick down to the ground in his fast pace with heavy minutes. The young guys' career ends before it even starts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast