Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 190 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2014 Pre-Draft Discussion Thread

Closed down the Tank thread. No more games = No more tanking. Time to go all draft discussion.

The Sixers are currently slotted for the 2nd and 10th picks in the first round, and have a million 2nd round picks as well. The lottery is May 20th and the draft is June 26th.

Carrying over the discussion from the tank thread, here are the most recent mock drafts.

Chad Ford:

1. Bucks - Andrew Wiggins
    2. Sixers - Jabari Parker
    3. Magic - Dante Exum
    4. Jazz - Joel Embiid
    5. Celtics - Aaron Gordon
    6. Lakers - Julius Randle
    7. Kings - Marcus Smart
    8. Pistons - Noah Vonleh
    9. Cavaliers - Doug McDermott
    10. Sixers - Gary Harris
    11. Nuggets - Tyler Innis
    12. Magic - Dario Saric
    13. Timberwolves - Nik Stauskas
    14. Suns - Zach Lavine

nbadraft.net:

1. Bucks - Joel Embiid
    2. SIXERS - ANDREW WIGGINS
    3. Magic - Jabari Parker
    4. Jazz - Julius Randle
    5. Celtics - Dante Exum
    6. Lakers - Marcus Smart
    7. Kings - Noah Vonleh
    8. Pistons - Gary Harris
    9. Cavaliers - Kyle Anderson
    10. SIXERS - RODNEY HOOD
    11. Nuggets - James Young
    12. Magic - Shabazz Napier
    13. Timberwolves - Aaron Gordon
    14. Suns - Doug McDermott

vCash
    **** everyone else, I want Wiggins!!!!!!

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Continuing the discussion from the tank thread....

Chad Ford may be only one who puts thought into the team making the pick at this point. Most of the other mocks just make the selection based on the slot and wait until after the lottery to assign team needs and likes to the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

Chad Ford may be only one who puts thought into the team making the pick at this point. Most of the other mocks just make the selection based on the slot and wait until after the lottery to assign team needs and likes to the process.
    Is our need hard though? Talent. That's our need.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    glad Parker ended up declaring and i still have him #1. i like both of those mocks above too. if we get Parker/Harris you get a go to scorer who needs defensive work but you put him in a lineup with Noel, MCW, and Harris and he will be fine while he learns. If we land Wiggins/Hood you get a guy who fits our current style in Wiggins and a potentially lights out 3 and D player in Hood. Hood seems to be all over the place in most mocks though i seen him as low as 25 guess his workouts will be the deciding factor.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 16 Yards: 296 TD: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Is our need hard though? Talent. That's our need.
    Eh ...with MCW and Noel, some needs/positions are more pressing. I've seen mocks where the Sixers take multiple players at the same position. As talented as they may be, taking Embiid and Gordon (or any PF) makes little sense.

vCash
    Eh ...with MCW and Noel, some needs/positions are more pressing. I've seen mocks where the Sixers take multiple players at the same position. As talented as they may be, taking Embiid and Gordon (or any PF) makes little sense.
    I agree but it's more of a comment of where we are. So what if we get two SFs. If they are the BPA at our draft spots why reach for a player when talent > position. That's was more my point.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Why do you think taking a pf makes little sense? Or is that just if we take Embiid first?

Wiggins and Gordon or vonleh (though he seems a little soft) would be stellar.

vCash
    Just if we took Embiid first... I'm fine with Gordon, Randle, Vonleh.

I actually really like some of these 2nd rd bigs as well...Nurkic, Tavares, Austin. I could see the Sixers using an early 2nd on size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77:28372419

The mere fact that NBAdraft.net has Aaron Gordon at 13 says it all. Its just a bad mock.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I like Chad's mock.....I cant wait until the lottery comes man...I'm tired of this anxiety trying to figure out what picks we are going to get....right now I am just hoping and praying we dont fall out of the top #3 and the Pelican's pick stays at #10 ....
    Last edited by FNM BOY; 04-24-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    The mere fact that NBAdraft.net has Aaron Gordon at 13 says it all. Its just a bad mock.
    At this point drextexpress.com is even worse. They have us taking Embiid and McDermott at 2 and 10. There's about 0% chance that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    At this point drextexpress.com is even worse. They have us taking Embiid and McDermott at 2 and 10. There's about 0% chance that happens.
    Why? At this point - I'd say there's as fine a chance as any that happens. I wouldn't be thrilled, but it seems like a possibility. If Embiid gets a clean bill of health from our own doctors who knows where we rank him. And McDermott seems to be universally ranked in that 10-15 range.

vCash
    As much as I'm dying for the Lottery, I don't think I'll be able to watch it. I guess if we land anywhere in the top 3 that'd be good, but if we don't get Wiggins or Parker, I don't think I could help feeling a little let down.

I can see the merits of taking Embiid based on potential, but the combo of him and Nerlens may not make much sense since they will probably occupy the same floor space. I'm still of the Wiggins camp though. If we are able to get him, I'd be happy with anyone at number 10.

vCash
    I'm a fan of the individual prospect skill ratings that nbadraft.net does, but their actual mocks are usually all over the place. Chad Ford really does seem to have a good pulse of what organizations are thinking, but other than that most of the other mocks seem highly speculative.

Page 1 of 190 1231151101 ... LastLast