Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL releases schedule for 2014

We'll make this the general crying thread for people to complain about how their team got cheated out of primetime games and/or have a difficult schedule.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    For starters, really wanted Seattle@Carolina to be primetime, considering last year's game was so great and we didn't get a rematch in January. I knew we'd be shafted by GB, SF, and ARZ getting to play them, but seriously, the Redskins and Seahawks is a prime-time game? That has all the makings of a bloodbath.

I can't complain about weather much. The only cold weather games we'll have are PHI in early November and MIN in late November, which isn't too bad. I was hoping we'd play GB in balls cold weather though.

Our schedule gets pretty brutal in October and November though. An improved CHI team, then @CIN, then @GB, vsSEA, vsNO, and finally @ PHI. And if ATL ends up doing well we play them after that, and we play BAL before that streak, so if they get a mean streak that could be bad. If we make it through that 6 game streak 3-3 I think we'll be okay. We close the season with vsTB, vsCLE, and @ATL, so if late season magic is needed it won't be impossible. But 5 straight 2013 playoff teams is ridiculous.

vCash
    I think i will avoid the media altogether when we play GB because i know what they are going to obsess over lol.

vCash
    Seattle-SF on thanksgiving? Yes please. That said I don't know if I like waiting all the way till then for the 1st game between us and then having the 2nd game 2 weeks later. It probably makes a lot of sense to the NFL
    Last edited by moshy2; 04-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Very excited to be opening the season up against the Seahawks. Should be a great test. Besides that game, mid-October through the end of November looks tough. We've got Carolina, New Orleans, Chicago, Philly, and the Patriots all in there. Good thing is that all but the Saints game are in Lambeau.

Random thing I noticed is that the Packers played Atlanta in GB this past Dec 8th, and will be playing them in GB this upcoming Dec 8th, too. Only noticed because that's my birthday, so I wanted to see if we'd play on it. Totally unimportant and inconsequential that that's how it worked out, but yeah.

Flex starting in week 5 is a good thing, too.
    Last edited by JLynn943; 04-23-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Holy mother****ing ****! The Steelers have a bye week beyond Week 6! It's a mother****ing miracle!

Of course, since the Steelers have an odd number of prime-time games this season, that means the majority of them have to be played on the road, thus continuing the trend of the Steelers having more prime-time games on the road than they do at home. Seriously, the only season since 2000 in which the Steelers had more prime-time games at home than on the road was 2007.
    "He’s the most underrated quarterback of the 21st century."

-Bill Simmons (Editor, Grantland) discussing Ben Roethlisberger

"Roethlisberger is perpetually underrated, to the point that even when he breaks records, it doesn’t really feel like it."

-Joseph Milord (Editor, Elite Daily)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2 View Post
    Seattle-SF on thanksgiving? Yes please. That said I don't know if I like waiting all the way till then for the 1st game between us and then having the 2nd game 2 weeks later. It probably makes a lot of sense to the NFL
    I really don't like big games like that being on TNF. I've said a thousand times that the team that should win typically still wins on TNF, but I'd much rather both teams have a full week to prepare if it's two fairly even teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Very excited to be opening the season up against the Seahawks. Should be a great test. Besides that game, mid-October through the end of November looks tough. We've got Carolina, New Orleans, Chicago, Philly, and the Patriots all in there. Good thing is that all but the Saints game are in Lambeau.

Random thing I noticed is that the Packers played Atlanta in GB this past Dec 8th, and will be playing them in GB this upcoming Dec 8th, too. Only noticed because that's my birthday, so I wanted to see if we'd play on it. Totally unimportant and inconsequential that that's how it worked out, but yeah.

Flex starting in week 5 is a good thing, too.
    Definitely. I can't believe some people are complaining about it on NFL.com. Why would anyone be opposed to an idea that could potentially change a NYG@PHI blowout to something like CAR@CIN if they're both doing well (or any other combination of improving games).

vCash
    Jags brutal schedule before London.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Lol I figured we would open at Seattle.

Nothing to note really, can't really remember playing our whole division in 3 consecutive weeks.

vCash
    I thought the chiefs vs 9ers woulda been a Monday night before chiefs vs pats.. Oh we'll can't complain

vCash
    My excitement about playing NYG @ home for the first MNF of the season was destroyed after seeing @NE in November and @CHI and @GB for the last two games of the season. Don't look now boys and girls, but the 3rd place express is making it's way to DET again this season, all aboard!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I really don't like big games like that being on TNF. I've said a thousand times that the team that should win typically still wins on TNF, but I'd much rather both teams have a full week to prepare if it's two fairly even teams.
    I typically agree with that. In this case, you have possibly the best game of the regular season in possibly the most watched time slot of the regular season. If they made it a regular Thursday game then I'd hate it
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    I'm not 1 of those people who think Seattle is going to crash and burn but I could see them merely hungover in week 1. Rodgers throws 6 TD passes in a blowout, beats the pants off all the easy teams then gets hurt against New Orleans in time to miss the tough games.........again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyChamp View Post
    I'm not 1 of those people who think Seattle is going to crash and burn but I could see them merely hungover in week 1. Rodgers throws 6 TD passes in a blowout, beats the pants off all the easy teams then gets hurt against New Orleans in time to miss the tough games.........again
    He missed the easy games last year. Dallas,nyg, Minnesota, Atlanta, the slumping lions

vCash
    As opposed to the first time he played the Lions and Vikings? Plus the Redskins and Browns? Plus he lost the 2 tough games just the same.
    Last edited by BloodyChamp; 04-23-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast