Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

This is why phil jackson was the right hire!!!

Phil Jackson is taking a relaxed approach, at least publicly, to whether Carmelo Anthony will re-sign with the New York Knicks.

"If it's in the cards man are we fortunate," said Jackson about Anthony remaining with the Knicks. "If it's not in the cards, man are we fortunate and we're going forward anyway."

Jackson has consistently spoken positively about Anthony's game.

Jackson also hopes Anthony will take less money to remain with the Knicks.
    Via Steve Popper/Bergen Record

Jackson already has his chess strategy mapped out. He knows what he is going to do if Melo stays. He knows what he is going to do if Melo goes.

Jackson's letting Carmelo and everyone know, if Melo stays the Knicks are good. If Melo goes, the Knicks are still good. Jackson taking the importance of Melo staying right out of the equation. The implication is that "We are going to be good whether it's with Melo or not."

vCash
    I can't imagine anyone could sit down, listen to Phil Jackson's plan of attack and come away thinking anything outside of "damn, this guy is gonna bring us a championship". Even if its pure folly, nobody can talk hoops quite like Phil Jackson can.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I can't imagine anyone could sit down, listen to Phil Jackson's plan of attack and come away thinking anything outside of "damn, this guy is gonna bring us a championship". Even if its pure folly, nobody can talk hoops quite like Phil Jackson can.
    And DAMN! doesn't that feel good after all these years we've suffered through!

vCash
    Phil is my jigga.

I told y'all I couldn't see Phil paying Melo the max.

He got plan A and plan B set. Your move Melo, you might as well opt in *****.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post

Jackson already has his chess strategy mapped out. He knows what he is going to do if Melo stays. He knows what he is going to do if Melo goes.

Jackson's letting Carmelo and everyone know, if Melo stays the Knicks are good. If Melo goes, the Knicks are still good. Jackson taking the importance of Melo staying right out of the equation. The implication is that "We are going to be good whether it's with Melo or not."
    Beat me too it

Jackson is the Man, there is no doubts about it. These statements may be considered manipulation but they needed to be said.

My only hope is that this was said to his player first. I'm all for the team, but the player works directly for you and deserves that much consideration.

If he didn't it will be very interesting to hear Melo's come back on Phil's words. I know if I was a reporter that is the story I'd go after, not all this crap about having a source and about Dolan.

Phil opened the door now lets see who gets the meaty story first.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Phil just told Melo, you said you'd take less, well....
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Phil is a brilliant mind when it comes to getting people to do what he wants. If anyone can wrangle Dolan and Melo, it's probably going to be Phil.

If Phil can't pull it off, I have no idea who can.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Haha Phil knows what he's doing. One of the most interesting off seasons in awhile...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    d12 turned down jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post

well its not rocket science people whether we had pj or not if melo stays or leaves we are good grunny was a bad gm but he did us a huge favor by making all of our contracts expire in 2015 that's why if melo leaves I hope we just let him walk for nothing tank for a top 5 pick and have a shyt load of cap to play with we'd also probably have pau also now go after his bro now we have 2 good players getting paid what just melo would get paid and were actually in a better position without him but I want melo to stay

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    d12 turned down jackson
    What?

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    d12 turned down jackson
    Say what? D12 AND Kobe BOTH wanted Jackson. Buss shot it down and got them D'Antoni.

Dwight Howard has told the Los Angeles Lakers he wants them to bring back Phil Jackson as coach,’ a source close to the team tells SheridanHoops.com.
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/11...-phil-jackson/

He later confirmed this after signing with Houston

@AlexKennedyNBA
    When asked if Phil Jackson being coach would've affected decision, Dwight Howard said he asked Lakers to hire Jackson earlier in the season
    8:58 PM - 5 Jul 2013

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...62329326452736

If the Lakers sign Jackson, Dwight most likely stays and it's a very, very different situation for the Knicks, Lakers and Rockets.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Phil just told Melo, you said you'd take less, well....
    Bingo. Jackson's first challenge to Melo--put your money where your mouth is. Love it. Not many GMs have the balls to say that to their franchise player especially when the team just missed the playoffs and said player can be a free agent. Let Jackson work his magic. This will be the first of his many mind games and tactful use of the media to try and sway a decision in his favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Say what? D12 AND Kobe BOTH wanted Jackson. Buss shot it down and got them D'Antoni.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/11...-phil-jackson/

He later confirmed this after signing with Houston

@AlexKennedyNBA
    When asked if Phil Jackson being coach would've affected decision, Dwight Howard said he asked Lakers to hire Jackson earlier in the season
    8:58 PM - 5 Jul 2013

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...62329326452736

If the Lakers sign Jackson, Dwight most likely stays and it's a very, very different situation for the Knicks, Lakers and Rockets.
    you guys are right but Jackson still talked to d12 and tried to convince him to sign with the lakers even tho he wasn't part of the team

my bad I guess he didn't
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 04-23-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Phil Jackson doesn't understand the meaning of tanking, so for those who think Phil will tank for a top pick is smoking some top quality ****.

Tanking is for loser's.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast