Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwight Howard: "We have to play inside out...I have to Demand the Ball."

Laker fans have been saying eventually Dwight would complain about getting the ball and have been accused of being haters all season. It's not hating if its the truth.

Dwight Howard: Have to 'go to work'

ESPN.com news services | April 22, 2014

After losing on his home court in Game 1, Dwight Howard has a thought as to how the Houston Rockets can turn the tables on LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers in their opening-round playoff series.

"We have to play inside out, play their bigs and make it a long night for those guys," Howard told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday. "I have to demand the ball, get it and go to work."

Howard scored 27 points on 9-of-21 shooting and had 15 rebounds in the Rockets' 122-120 overtime loss to the Blazers on Sunday night. Game 2 is Wednesday.

He figures his increased post presence could also be used to tire Aldridge, who torched the Rockets for a career-high 46 points -- including 16 on post-up plays. Aldridge, who added 18 rebounds, was mostly guarded by Terrence Jones on Sunday night.

"We have to go right back at him," Howard told the Chronicle. "You have to make him play defense and make him use his energy on defense. Make him have to run around and guard."

The Rockets, who led by 13 points with 10 minutes remaining, are on board with Howard's thought process but still want to use an up-tempo attack led by James Harden, who scored 27 points on 8-of-28 shooting -- including 3-of-14 from 3-point range -- in Game 2.

"We have to dump the ball down for him," Rockets forward Chandler Parsons said of Howard. "He has to make plays. He's had a lot of success against [Robin] Lopez. We have to keep feeding him the ball. That doesn't mean we have to slow down. We want to get out in transition and run."

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Yes, demand the ball so that you can get stripped every other trip down the floor.

vCash
    lmao, this guy just doesn't get it.

Howard is not good enough in the post to demand double teams. He is not good enough in the post to consistently beat single coverage. He cannot create for others out of the post. So what good is he down there? Give the ball to the guys who actually can do those things and your offense will thrive. Dump it down to Howard and he will give you 1 bucket every 3 trips down the floor and open up zilch for the rest of his teammates.

vCash
    Playing inside out is useless if you:

1) Can't command two defenders
    2) Can't consistently beat 1 defender
    3) Can't pass to cutters and shooters.

Harden can do all three of those from the outside, Howard can do none for the inside. Howard playing inside won't open up the outside because he can't do any of the three things listed above down there.

vCash
    I feel like I've heard this before

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    lmao, this guy just doesn't get it.

Howard is not good enough in the post to demand double teams. He is not good enough in the post to consistently beat single coverage. He cannot create for others out of the post. So what good is he down there? Give the ball to the guys who actually can do those things and your offense will thrive. Dump it down to Howard and he will give you 1 bucket every 3 trips down the floor and open up zilch for the rest of his teammates.
    The crazy part is he had over 20 shots! Who does he think he is Shaquille Oneal?

vCash
    he has had success against Robin Lopez I think he should take more of an account to stop LA I think he will have to guard him instead of leaving 6'8 jones on him all in all the Asik D12 line up might be more useful in this match up with the blazers

and its not like he complaining if you wasn't so focus on the "I need the ball" he simply stating no one was going at LA he was just using most his energy on one side of the floor its about making LA work on both sides

vCash
    The only problem with this statement is that D12 left his dominance in 2009.

D12 is still a top center in this league, but a #1 option on offense he is not.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    He's not that type of player. He's the type that needs to score within the flow with p&r, put backs, and transition. His strength is defense and rebounding. His post game is not close to being good enough to play inside out.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 35
    Yards: 452
    Tds: 8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    He's not that type of player. He's the type that needs to score within the flow with p&r, put backs, and transition. His strength is defense and rebounding. His post game is not close to being good enough to play inside out.
    Bingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    he has had success against Robin Lopez I think he should take more of an account to stop LA I think he will have to guard him instead of leaving 6'8 jones on him all in all the Asik D12 line up might be more useful in this match up with the blazers

and its not like he complaining if you wasn't so focus on the "I need the ball" he simply stating no one was going at LA he was just using most his energy on one side of the floor its about making LA work on both sides
    He gets in foul trouble against slow, awkward centers. LA is way too skilled and versatile for him to defend, he'd be in foul trouble in the first quarter.

vCash
    the guy doesnt even have a post game lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    wtf? he had 21 fgs and 17 fts...

vCash
    I'm so lost lol. "I have to demand the ball". He's talking about himself. He needs to get into position, and demand the ball. His teammates agree with him. Parsons says the same thing. That's probably coming from the coach just as much as from Howard. He needs to demand the ball (in other words work hard at getting into position).
    Last edited by SFrush90; 04-23-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Edited out baiting portion. Please don't bait fan bases.

15. 04-23-2014, 02:40 PM
    Reason
    Baiting - Sfrush90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    I'm so lost lol. "I have to demand the ball". He's talking about himself. He needs to get into position, and demand the ball. His teammates agree with him. Parsons says the same thing. That's probably coming from the coach just as much as from Howard. He needs to demand the ball (in other words work hard at getting into position).
    I am not a Laker fan and have absolutely zero reason to hate Howard. He doesn't have a post game, they shouldn't play inside out. Howard doesn't have skills to open up the outside from the inside in the first place.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 04-23-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Edited out portion of quoted post.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast