Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will Hill facing another drug suspension. He is appealing.

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) tweeted at 9:00 AM on Tue, Apr 22, 2014:

Giants S Will Hill is facing another suspension for a violation of the NFL's drug policy, sources have told @FOXSports1. He will appeal.

vCash
    Will he ever learn.

vCash
    Will Hill likely 'done' with Giants as safety faces another drug-related suspension

Will Hill, the troubled but talented Giants safety, is facing a drug-related suspension for the third straight year -- and this time it will likely cost him his Giants career.

Hill, 24, failed a recent drug test, according to multiple NFL sources and both he and the Giants have been informed of the results. Hill is planning to appeal those results, one source added, in the hopes of avoiding what could be a year-long suspension.

Whether he wins the appeal or not, though, one team source added that the Giants are livid at Hill’s continued drug issues and he’s likely “done” with the team, whether he wins his appeal or not.

It’s unclear whether Hill’s latest violation was for a Performance Enhancing Drug – like it was in 2012 when he claimed he failed for taking Adderall – or for other drugs – like in 2013 when he admitted he had been smoking marijuana. It’s also unclear when he failed the test, and whether it was related to his arrest last December for not paying child support. The police report from that incident reportedly noted the smell of marijuana coming from his car.

If Hill’s failed test was for marijuana or another recreational drug – as some suspect – he could be in line for a suspension of six games or up to one calendar year, depending on what stage of the drug program he's in under the NFL's substance abuse policy. If he violated the PED policy again, his suspension would be for eight games.

The Giants are not allowed to comment on Hill’s latest trouble -- which was first reported by Fox Sports and the Newark Star-Ledger -- according to the rules of the NFL’s confidential drug policy. Neither Hill nor his agent could be immediately reached for comment.

None of this is surprising to anyone who has followed Hill’s troubled career, dating back to his days as a highly-touted high school star in New Jersey.
    His troubles followed him to the University of Florida and into the NFL draft where concerns about his character were so intense that he wasn’t drafted and then wasn’t even signed.

The Giants took a chance on him in 2012 and his talent made him a hidden gem, but he couldn’t stay out of trouble. He admittedly failed “a lot” of drug tests during his rookie season, and the next spring spent time in treatment centers in Boston and Parsippany, N.J., at the urging of the team. Several times coaches publicly expressed concern about Hill, though the team continued to stand by him.

After his suspension was announced last season, Hill said he spoke to Tom Coughlin – who admitted he was “disappointed” – and others in the Giants’ organization. “I talked to my team and they just told me to keep moving forward and keep being positive,” he said last summer. “Just don’t have any more mishaps.”

Now that he’s had another, it seems unlikely the team will stand by him again.

-NYDN

vCash
    Such a ****ing shame. So talented. Wasted.

vCash
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted
    at 10:24 AM on Tue, Apr 22, 2014:

As @RVacchianoNYDN noted, there's a good chance the #Giants cut ties with Hill anyway. Hill told me in September he knew this was his last shot.

vCash
    You ****ing dumb ***.

Damn it. The odds of making it to the NFL, much less a good team, much less being starting talent and to let it slip on this.

I actually hope its not weed. That would be the worst. To think this all has to end because of some weak drug that is overdue for legalization anyway.

Such a shame. Had such a great year.

Better hope Stevie Brown is recovered.

vCash
    To see my stock rolling this morning and being all happy to coming on here to see this. What a joke! I was expecting him to be the biggest part of our 2014 defense :S

vCash
    I am livid. Top 3 biggest part of our 2014 defense.

Watch the Cowboys sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    You ****ing dumb ***.

Damn it. The odds of making it to the NFL, much less a good team, much less being starting talent and to let it slip on this.

I actually hope its not weed. That would be the worst. To think this all has to end because of some weak drug that is overdue for legalization anyway.

Such a shame. Had such a great year.

Better hope Stevie Brown is recovered.
    Why can't these ********** just go to the nearest liquor store and just get hammered on booze like the rest of us?

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    and weed isn't additive... Sure.
    Last edited by GMenFanSince90; 04-22-2014 at 11:28 AM.

vCash

Will Hill facing another drug suspension. He is appealing.

Ya lets blame the weed not the idiot who has everything going for him.

He could have been great but he just pissed away his last chance here. ****ing waste

vCash
    Don't be surprised it we draft Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix now. What a ****ing idiot
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    and weed isn't additive... Sure.
    Not chemically. Habitually, virtually everything is. This is just about discipline and other **** going on in his life. You don't throw away opportunity like this without something going on behind the scenes.

At least we brought back Brown and have Demps. And we draft a safety every damn year.

vCash
    I still can't get over this. He was primed to be a frigging pro bowler and borderline All Pro player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I still can't get over this. He was primed to be a frigging pro bowler and borderline All Pro player.
    Can't say the writing wasn't on the wall....still, I'm so pissed. Dude has the skills.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast