Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brooklyn Net Fans

I am so, so disappointed there isn't more posting on in here.

Did Nets leaving Newark for Brooklyn really make their fandom for the Nets so easy to leave behind?

I've been a since real Nets fan since 1970.

Nets sold the most exciting player to ever step on a professional basketball court, then moved to New Jersey (NEW JERSEY), and I remained a Nets' fan.

I was a Manhattanite at the time, and for 20-plus years after.

And I've stated this before, and will re-state it now, seeing how much support the Nets get as a team, and not a location, it is sad that the Nets were allowed to join the NBA, and the Kentucky Colonels weren't.

True Net fans, Man up, Gird your loins, and put your heart into this team, or you will be disrespecting the Nets franchise, and the entire ABA, which I'm sure most of you know next to nothing about. The Nets are the reason the NBA/ABA merger happened. More specifically, Julius Erving was why it happened, but Roy Boe was not a smart enough businessman to take the opportunity that was shoved in his face.

vCash
    The non-response of 'supposed' Net fans has confirmed my belief that New Jersey Net fans supported the Nets because the Nets played in New Jersey, and not because they were fans of the Nets.

Those fans DISGUST me.

vCash
    I've been a Nets fan since around 1996. Been a brooklynite my entire life. Growing up a Nets fan had been tough but I got personally recruited by Keith Van Horn and Jason Williams so thats cool. Nets always been alot more accessible to fans that the Knicks even though they pretty much always sucked. Growing up I dont think the Knicks were a fan friendly team. Their ticket prices are outrageous and their owner is *******.

Even now the Nets are a family friend team which is why I can't hate on the crowd at games. It's not a great crowd in the basketball sense but they are recruiting alot of the younger brooklyn kids and families so in 10 years they will be die hard fans. I go to Knicks games its alot of guys in suits and ties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I've been a Nets fan since around 1996. Been a brooklynite my entire life. Growing up a Nets fan had been tough but I got personally recruited by Keith Van Horn and Jason Williams so thats cool. Nets always been alot more accessible to fans that the Knicks even though they pretty much always sucked. Growing up I dont think the Knicks were a fan friendly team. Their ticket prices are outrageous and their owner is *******.

Even now the Nets are a family friend team which is why I can't hate on the crowd at games. It's not a great crowd in the basketball sense but they are recruiting alot of the younger brooklyn kids and families so in 10 years they will be die hard fans. I go to Knicks games its alot of guys in suits and ties.
    Yeah I've never been a huge nba fan but a lot of guys I work w follow it so I've been trying to get more into it. Being from central New York I figured id try to like a New York team and I am leaning towards the nets because the Knicks just seem like a big old mess and their owner sounds like he'll hold them back from being a good team that'd be fun to follow.

vCash
    They are fighting in a market that will be Knicks for a while, unless we win a ship.

I do agree that we need more posters and I need to post more here, which I will try to do.

I look forward to future discussions with you all.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    PSD is probably the worst forum on the internet. I dont blame Nets fans for sticking to Netsdaily. I am on PSD because the MLB discussions are actually really good unlike the NBA discussion board. The NBA board here is like one step up above Youtube comments.

vCash
    give it time.

vCash
    Any of you guys see the movie "Let's All Hate Toronto"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    The non-response of 'supposed' Net fans has confirmed my belief that New Jersey Net fans supported the Nets because the Nets played in New Jersey, and not because they were fans of the Nets.

Those fans DISGUST me.
    Dude did u go to any games while they were in jersey towards the end? Place was empty. Even banner raising games to kick off the new season. Empty. I could hear Byron Scott's voice from opposite court upper tier. They had no support in jersey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoon696 View Post
    Dude did u go to any games while they were in jersey towards the end? Place was empty. Even banner raising games to kick off the new season. Empty. I could hear Byron Scott's voice from opposite court upper tier. They had no support in jersey
    Dude, I live in St. Louis. I did go to game#4 of 2nd rd in 2004 and 2006. Broke my foot leaving the game in 2006.

vCash
    I never went to the games in Newark but I've been a to a bunch of games when they played in the meadowlands. Memorable ones include 1997 against the Bulls when MJ posterized Van Horn and Van Horn came back and threw it down on Pippen. That was a great game. Also against the 2001 Blazers who were real good.We blew them out. I got JO's autograph

vCash
    Dude, I live in St. Louis. I did go to game#4 of 2nd rd in 2004 and 2006. Broke my foot leaving the game in 2006.

Dude playoffs. Every playoffs is packed. REAL fans go to regular season games.

vCash
    Dude playoffs. Every playoffs is packed. REAL fans go to regular season games.
    Really? Real fans fly from St. Louis or points south to NEW JERSEY to see regular season games?

Next regular season game you go to (or playoff game for that matter) take a head check of the fans that traveled over 850 miles to get there.
    Last edited by TheMightyHumph; 05-05-2014 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    Really? Real fans fly from St. Louis or points south to NEW JERSEY to see regular season games?

Next regular season game you go to (or playoff game for that matter) take a head check of the fans that traveled over 850 miles to get there.
    U kinda drifted in a different direction in the discussion. U said ur disgusted by the net fans who aren't really net fans and only went to net games cuz they were in jersey. MY point is that they didn't have any support at all. They left for a reason. I will restate my point. The first home game after going to the finals and raising the banner NO ONE was there. There was no fan base. The only time the place was packed was when they played the Knicks and it was like a home game for the Knicks. THAT should disgust u. Or when shaq and the lakers came to town. PACKED. Ur dedication isn't in question ur original statement is.

vCash
    U kinda drifted in a different direction in the discussion. U said ur disgusted by the net fans who aren't really net fans and only went to net games cuz they were in jersey. MY point is that they didn't have any support at all. They left for a reason. I will restate my point. The first home game after going to the finals and raising the banner NO ONE was there. There was no fan base. The only time the place was packed was when they played the Knicks and it was like a home game for the Knicks. THAT should disgust u. Or when shaq and the lakers came to town. PACKED. Ur dedication isn't in question ur original statement is.
    No, you went in the wrong direction. I never said anything about fans going to see the team in New Jersey.

I am talking about ROOTING for a team. Did the Net fans from Jersey stop rooting for the Nets because they moved to Brooklyn? That's what it would appear like based on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast