Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,569
    vCash
    1500

    Why are people defending mike woodson

    Am I the only who watched all 82 games and preseason and saw that this clown didn't know what he was doing all year how can anybody defend him or even say he was treated badly karl won coy and got fired the same year wtf did this clown do besides over achieve in 1 year



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Am I the only who watched all 82 games and preseason and saw that this clown didn't know what he was doing all year how can anybody defend him or even say he was treated badly karl won coy and got fired the same year wtf did this clown do besides over achieve in 1 year
    I dont get it either...u can give me his records n yada yada but I kno wat I saw this yr.. n I never liked his coaching style even when we were winning... gimme one good coaching move n I bet I can hit u back with 5 bad coaching moves of woodson...

    For some in the media they always like to paint a ny team as a villian while woodson becomes a sympathetic figure...


    Sure we should be grateful like phil jax said but change has to come in the organization... there should be nothing wrong with that...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,283
    vCash
    1500
    It's not the fact that he got fired, it's how the Knicks handled the situation that everyone is complaining about.

    Making him a lame duck coach before the season even started (signing him to a year extension but not his assistants isn't exactly showing support) and also firing Grunwald. This also goes along with the short leash...the Knicks had their best season in 20 years in his first full season coaching but Woodson has been on the hot seat for some reason since the beginning.

    Management not speaking up about anything like usual and having Woodson take the brunt of everything.

    Pretty much management hid and just left Woodson out to dry.

    Amare comments

    Tyson comments

    JR's actions

    Dolan openly admitting to talking to Phil about coaching. Apparently this is a no no in NBA circles. You fire your coach first, then speak to other candidates or at least don't make it so obvious if you do.

    Yes, he should've been fired and no one is arguing against this. No, the Knicks didn't handle it correctly and that's where the defense comes in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Am I the only who watched all 82 games and preseason and saw that this clown didn't know what he was doing all year how can anybody defend him or even say he was treated badly karl won coy and got fired the same year wtf did this clown do besides over achieve in 1 year
    I think people are only defending him against irrational buffoonery like you constantly put on display. He's obviously earned his dismissal, but know-nothing "fans" like yourself tend to lay all the blame at his feet, and that's just stupid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's not the fact that he got fired, it's how the Knicks handled the situation that everyone is complaining about.

    Making him a lame duck coach before the season even started (signing him to a year extension but not his assistants isn't exactly showing support) and also firing Grunwald. This also goes along with the short leash...the Knicks had their best season in 20 years in his first full season coaching but Woodson has been on the hot seat for some reason since the beginning.

    Management not speaking up about anything like usual and having Woodson take the brunt of everything.

    Pretty much management hid and just left Woodson out to dry.

    Amare comments

    Tyson comments

    JR's actions

    Dolan openly admitting to talking to Phil about coaching. Apparently this is a no no in NBA circles. You fire your coach first, then speak to other candidates or at least don't make it so obvious if you do.

    Yes, he should've been fired and no one is arguing against this. No, the Knicks didn't handle it correctly and that's where the defense comes in.
    Pretty much this




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I think people are only defending him against irrational buffoonery like you constantly put on display. He's obviously earned his dismissal, but know-nothing "fans" like yourself tend to lay all the blame at his feet, and that's just stupid.
    Yep.

    The fact that there was a lynch mob mentality is what put me off. And if you say "Woodson is only part of the problem" you get "why are you defending Woodson?" Makes me want to defend Woodson, just to piss off the boneheads.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,256
    vCash
    1500
    Players QUIT on him... He was set up to fail

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    3,638
    vCash
    1500
    especially as far back as i can remember: espn and the daily news

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,569
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's not the fact that he got fired, it's how the Knicks handled the situation that everyone is complaining about.

    Making him a lame duck coach before the season even started (signing him to a year extension but not his assistants isn't exactly showing support) and also firing Grunwald. This also goes along with the short leash...the Knicks had their best season in 20 years in his first full season coaching but Woodson has been on the hot seat for some reason since the beginning.

    Management not speaking up about anything like usual and having Woodson take the brunt of everything.

    Pretty much management hid and just left Woodson out to dry.

    Amare comments

    Tyson comments

    JR's actions

    Dolan openly admitting to talking to Phil about coaching. Apparently this is a no no in NBA circles. You fire your coach first, then speak to other candidates or at least don't make it so obvious if you do.

    Yes, he should've been fired and no one is arguing against this. No, the Knicks didn't handle it correctly and that's where the defense comes in.
    I understand we handled it wrong i'm not disputing that truthfully idc but I admit it was wrong

    my problem is people were defending his x and o's saying his offense was half way descent because of some article online lmao the guy is a bad coach and then people were saying we were this bad only because of injuries lmao that's what I have a problem with woody lost us games plain and simple even when Tyson came back we were still losing we were in 17 close games this year he had his chances injuries or not

    dolan also didn't have woody as a lame duck coach early on woody did a great job last year and deserved his contract extension dolan was in support of woody early on too he literally came out and defended woody to the public while we were losing a shyt load of games
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 04-21-2014 at 10:58 PM.



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,569
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I think people are only defending him against irrational buffoonery like you constantly put on display. He's obviously earned his dismissal, but know-nothing "fans" like yourself tend to lay all the blame at his feet, and that's just stupid.
    im a know nothing fan but you think woody is a offensive genius

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Yep.

    The fact that there was a lynch mob mentality is what put me off. And if you say "Woodson is only part of the problem" you get "why are you defending Woodson?" Makes me want to defend Woodson, just to piss off the boneheads.
    it doesn't matter who was part of the problem the fact is I was just cool with making the playoffs and woody literally cost us 15 games that's a shyt load of games for your coach to make you lose

    putting melo at the 5 in the wiz game

    how many times this year did we had a game winning opportunity and woody drew up a iso

    not putting in murray or even playing shump on knight the last play of the bucks game

    not taking out felt and put murray or brown on jack in the cavs game



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    im a know nothing fan but you think woody is a offensive genius
    I never said he was an offensive genius. I guess expecting honesty from you is too much, huh?

    woody literally cost us 15 games that's a shyt load of games for your coach to make you lose
    You're full of ish. Seriously. You have zero idea what you're talking about.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I think people are only defending him against irrational buffoonery like you constantly put on display. He's obviously earned his dismissal, but know-nothing "fans" like yourself tend to lay all the blame at his feet, and that's just stupid.
    So, you insult this poster to make a point against lambasting Woodson, and defeat your own purpose. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

    How is he a know-nothing fan when he is posting his opinion on a forum, just like you?

    After watching all 82 games, as well as YEARS of Hawks basketball, I can give MY OPINION that Woodson does not belong in the NBA as a head coach.

    ... and, after he fired his faithful, longtime agent Joe Glass at Dolan's request before he signed that fat contract, simply because Glass had ties to Larry Brown, Woodson's deserves what he is being served. Lie in bed with a scorpion, get stung.

    Throwback Sig

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,569
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I never said he was an offensive genius. I guess expecting honesty from you is too much, huh?



    You're full of ish. Seriously. You have zero idea what you're talking about.
    bro your own words were he is a good offensive coach

    you even posted a article somebody wrote on it at gratland.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,827
    vCash
    1500
    [B]what a
    Last edited by NYC DRUMMER; 04-22-2014 at 01:56 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    490
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Am I the only who watched all 82 games and preseason and saw that this clown didn't know what he was doing all year how can anybody defend him or even say he was treated badly karl won coy and got fired the same year wtf did this clown do besides over achieve in 1 year
    Quote Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
    I dont get it either...u can give me his records n yada yada but I kno wat I saw this yr.. n I never liked his coaching style even when we were winning... gimme one good coaching move n I bet I can hit u back with 5 bad coaching moves of woodson...

    For some in the media they always like to paint a ny team as a villian while woodson becomes a sympathetic figure...


    Sure we should be grateful like phil jax said but change has to come in the organization... there should be nothing wrong with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    So, you insult this poster to make a point against lambasting Woodson, and defeat your own purpose. Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

    How is he a know-nothing fan when he is posting his opinion on a forum, just like you?

    After watching all 82 games, as well as YEARS of Hawks basketball, I can give MY OPINION that Woodson does not belong in the NBA as a head coach.

    ... and, after he fired his faithful, longtime agent Joe Glass at Dolan's request before he signed that fat contract, simply because Glass had ties to Larry Brown, Woodson's deserves what he is being served. Lie in bed with a scorpion, get stung.
    !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •