18 41.86%
  • CHI

21 48.84%
  • GMs Here

4 9.30%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL Mock Offseason NFC Conference Game: Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

THIS IS A GAME THAT OTHER PSD USERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS. THESE ARE FICTIONAL TEAMS. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE ON WHATEVER TEAM YOU LIKE THE MOST. PLEASE VOTE ON WHICH TEAM HAS THE BETTER ROSTER

Detroit Lions
    QB: Michael Vick/Jason Campbell/Kellen Moore
    RB: Reggie Bush/Joique Bell/Terrance West/Theo Riddick
    FB: Mike Tolbert
    FL: Calvin Johnson
    SE: Steve Smith/Ryan Broyles
    SL: Wes Welker/Jeromy Gallon
    TE: Brandon Myers/Joseph Fauria/Mike Flacco
    LT: Joe Thomas/Corey Hilliard
    LG: Rob Sims/Trai Turner
    C: Peter Konz/Weston Richburg
    RG: Larry Warford/Rodney Austin
    RT: LaAdrian Waddle/Matt Feiler

Defence:
    LE: Adrian Clayborn/Antonio Smith/Kapron Lewis-Moore
    3T: Nick Fairley/Antonio Smith
    1T: Domata Peko/Will Sutton
    RE: Julius Peppers/Devin Taylor/Kapron Lewis-Moore
    OLB: Chad Greenway/Tahir Whitehead
    MLB: Luke Kuechly/Travis Lewis
    OLB: DeAndre Levy/Boseko Lokombo
    CB: Terence Newman/Tim Jennings/Chris Houston/Lavelle Westbrooks
    NB: Chris Houston/Dwight Bentley
    FS: Harrison Smith/Kenny Ladler
    SS: Glover Quin/Alden Darby

Special Teams

K: Chandler Catanzaro
    P: Sam Martin

@

Chicago Bears
    Offense:

QB: Jay Cutler | AJ McCarron
    RB1: Matt Forte
    RB2: Jonathan Stewart | Michael Ford | Tyler Gaffney
    FB: Tony Fiammetta
    WR1: Brandon Marshall
    WR2: Alshon Jeffery
    SLOT: Victor Cruz
    WR3: Lance Moore | Randy Moss | Marquess Wilson
    TE1: Martellus Bennett
    TE2: Benjamin Watson | Rob Blanchflower
    LT: Jermon Bushrod | Joe Long
    LG: Andy Levitre
    C: Ryan Wendell | Corey Linsley
    RG: Kyle Long | Chris Watt
    RT: Jordan Mills | Michael Schofield

Defense: 4-3

DE: Jared Allen | Cornelius Washington | Josh Mauro
    DT: Henry Melton | Jonathan Babineaux
    DT: Jurell Casey
    DE: Derrick Morgan | Will Clarke | Cheta Ozougwu
    WLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar | Trevor Reilly
    MLB: James Laurinaitis | Preston Brown
    SLB: Akeem Ayers | Jerry Franklin | Adrian Hubbard
    LCB: Trumaine Johnson | Alan Ball
    SS: Troy Polamalu
    FS: Mike Adams | Jamarca Sanford
    RCB: Ike Taylor | Zack Bowman
    5c: Adam Pacman Jones

PR: Devin Hester
    KR: Devin Hester
    K: Robbie Gould
    P: Thomas Morstead

vCash
    Adding Victor Cruz, Andy Levitre, Lance Moore, and Johnathen Stewart to an already stacked offense would be to much to overcome for detroit IMO. Both teams are good tho
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

vCash
    Two great teams. Edge to Chicago the lions won't slow down that attack enough

vCash
    The Lions should be a great team, but I don't understand the Vick signing? (not sure how this mock-off-season thing works). All those receivers and a QB who can't throw the ball well.

For that reason, I think I have to go with Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    This looks like it could be an offensive showdown, especially through the air. In a shootout I'm going with the better QB.

vCash
    I think Detroit has the much better chance of slowing down the Chicago offense than the other way around.

Detroit's secondary is actually pretty solid. Quinn-Smith is a damn good safety duo, and my corners are much better than Ike Taylor and Trumaine Johnson.

Not to mention I have the DPOY Luke Kuechly, alongside two very good OLBs. My defensive is very solid as well.

How is Chicago going to stop Calvin Johnson? Let's just start there, then we can talk about the rest of Detroit's weapons. They have absolutely no one capable of even remotely slowing down Calvin. Ike Taylor? I mean Jesus. And the safeties in Chicago are absolutely not capable of helping out deep. Polamalu has really lost his explosiveness in recent years, and pretty much played linebacker for the Steelers last season. Calvin Johnson would torch this defense, absolutely torch them.

So the majority of the focus will be on Calvin right? So Steve Smith gets one on one coverage. This is something Steve hasn't gotten his entire career, and giving him a one on one matchup with Trumaine isn't even fair.

And Wes Welker? Is Pacman Jones supposed to be able to slow him down by himself? The underneath routes will be abused by Welker in this game.

And with all of this focus on my 3 WRs, I also have possibly the best backfield in this game. Bush, Bell, Tolbert, and Vick are all dynamic rushers that will be unstoppable with 6 in the box, which the Bears will have to do if they want to have any chance of slowing Down Calvin Steve and Wes.

Detroit has a very good defense that matches up relatively well with Chicago. But Chicago literally has no one to slow down who is most likely the best player in the NFL in Calvin Johnson, which will have a trickle down effect of single coverage on Detroit's other 2 stud WRs and their great rushing game.
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    First off, I think you sell Trumaine Johnson short. He might not be a sexy name, but he's a damn solid CB. And outside of Megatron, I'm not all that worried about your receivers. Smith showed last season that he's clearly aging and Welker is even a year older, but solid, and sure, and you'll have some underneath routes, but it's not going to be something you'll literally beat us with. Polamalu is getting older, but he's not obsolete either. And Pacman is one of the better slot guys in the game, so I'm not sure Welker will go nuts.

Your secondary might be a little better, but our receiving corps are better than yours, too. Marshall/Jeffery/Cruz...we might have our hands full with Megatron, but you'll have your hands full with ALL of our starting WRs. And you can have Kuechly on Bennett, that's fine, but find an answer for Forte. We can split him out wide if we want, too. Tim Jennings, Chris Houston, and Terrence Newman are going to stop Marshall, Alshon, and Cruz? I'll stop there. And when you have to have 6 in the box and try to stop Forte? How is that going to happen? So when you double Marshall...or Alshon...or Cruz and have safety help over the top, we'll just run it all day with a top 5 HB in the NFL.

You might have some very good weapons, the problem is just that ours are better as a whole. And you can't really debate that either. You can argue all you want that your WRs are better or your RB is better (as any good GM would), but you know and I know that they're not.

We also have the clear advantage at QB. I really hope people do not think that Vick is going to win you this game. He might still be serviceable, but RJ pretty much said what needs to be said in the last thread. He turns the ball over a ton and we don't really know what Vick you'd be getting. There's a reason people weren't beating his door down this year and I don't care how many weapons you give him. He had McCoy and DJax last year and didn't do too much with him and I don't put that on the weapons because Foles did pretty damn well with the same cast. Sure some people may hate Cutler, but he brings much more to the table than Vick, especially at their respective points in their careers.

I think it's funny that you mention slowing down people. Didn't Reggie Bush sit out a game last year or get benched because he was on a sloppy field? You won't be on a fast track at Soldier Field in the winter, that much I can guarantee. And now Vick is on this sloppy field? Sounds like a bad combination to me.

Point is, you'll score some points, we're not trying to say we'll pitch a shut out. But you won't either. Our offense will out score yours and that's what matters.

vCash
    Just to add on to what Fuku said.

It basically comes down to this.

If we look at this matchup as a breakdown:

QB: Cutler vs Vick. Cutler is much better. Advantage Bears.
    RBs: Forte + Stewart vs Bush + Bell. Forte is a top back in the NFL. This isn't close. Advantage Bears.
    TEs: Martellus Bennett + Ben Watson vs Brandon Myers + Fauria. Again, in a pass heavy game, this is a HUGE advantage to the Bears.

So in a game where we're expecting there to be a lot of points, the advantage goes to the Bears mightily due to better TE options. Ben Watson is underrated btw, he did a great job as a TE2 for NO last year. The checkdown game for Jay will also be much better with the Bears cus Forte.

So the question is, all these advantages for the Bears offensively.. are they enough to overcome the WR matchup?

WRs: Calvin Johnson + Steve Smith + Wes Welker vs Brandon Marshall + Alshon Jeffery + Victor Cruz. I'm sorry but Steve Smith is NOT the player he was anymore. Calvin and Wes are obviously great. At BEST, this is a wash, IMO our Wrs are better.

All the other advantages Chicago easily destroy, the wash Detroit has at WR (at best). This is a Bears offense that was ranked #2 in the NFL last season, and it got Victor Cruz, a guard upgrade in Andy Levitre, RB depth and TE depth.

I'd like to round up with the front 7 we have. I think Derrick Morgan and Jurrel Casey are being heavily underrated here. We feel like our DL is absolutely beastly. Jared Allen has regressed but is still effective, and Derrick Morgan is an excellent pass rusher. With Casey and a healthy Melton clogging up the interior line, we feel like we'd make Vick extremely uncomfortable in the pocket.

Everyone that watched the Bears last year know that one of their biggest weaknesses was at MLB. James Laurinaitis is one of the better ones in the NFC and is a huge upgrade for them. Not to mention Akeem Ayers is an above average player himself. Dunbar isn't anything special, but gets the job done. As a group, they're a huge upgrade towards their LB area. This front 7 is revamped and will not leave Vick alone.
    Last edited by TO Rapz; 04-21-2014 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Just to add on to what Fuku said.

It basically comes down to this.

If we look at this matchup as a breakdown:

QB: Cutler vs Vick. Cutler is much better. Advantage Bears.
    RBs: Forte + Stewart vs Bush + Bell. Forte is a top back in the NFL. This isn't close. Advantage Bears.
    TEs: Martellus Bennett + Ben Watson vs Brandon Myers + Fauria. Again, in a pass heavy game, this is a HUGE advantage to the Bears.

So in a game where we're expecting there to be a lot of points, the advantage goes to the Bears mightily due to better TE options. Ben Watson is underrated btw, he did a great job as a TE2 for NO last year. The checkdown game for Jay will also be much better with the Bears cus Forte.

So the question is, all these advantages for the Bears offensively.. are they enough to overcome the WR matchup?

WRs: Calvin Johnson + Steve Smith + Wes Welker vs Brandon Marshall + Alshon Jeffery + Victor Cruz. I'm sorry but Steve Smith is NOT the player he was anymore. Calvin and Wes are obviously great. At BEST, this is a slight advantage for Detroit.

All the other advantages Chicago easily destroy, the wash or little advantage Detroit has offensively. This is a Bears offense that was ranked #2 in the NFL last season, and it got Victor Cruz, a guard upgrade in Andy Levitre, RB depth and TE depth.

I'd like to round up with the front 7 we have. I think Derrick Morgan and Jurrel Casey are being heavily underrated here. We feel like our DL is absolutely beastly. Jared Allen has regressed but is still effective, and Derrick Morgan is an excellent pass rusher. With Casey and a healthy Melton clogging up the interior line, we feel like we'd make Vick extremely uncomfortable in the pocket.

Everyone that watched the Bears last year know that one of their biggest weaknesses was at MLB. James Laurinaitis is one of the better ones in the NFC and is a huge upgrade for them. Not to mention Akeem Ayers is an above average player himself. Dunbar isn't anything special, but gets the job done. As a group, they're a huge upgrade towards their LB area. This front 7 is revamped and will not leave Vick alone.
    Forte + Stewart does not easily beat Bush + Bell.

Bush and Forte are practically the same player, with I'd say a slight edge to Forte. The only real advantage Forte has over Bush is he doesn't fumble as much. But as far as ability to gain yards/TDs, they're basically the same.

As for Stewart and Bell. Bell is coming off an 8 TD 1200 total yard season despite split time. When was the last time Stewart did anything? Advantage until proven otherwise is definitely Bell right now(And don't bring up fumbles with Bell, half of his fumbles are from being in a ****ing blizzard).

I'd say the RB situation is a wash at best. MAYBE slight advantage chicago if Stewart proves he's still the player he used to be.

That being said, I think overall advantage goes to Chicago, mostly just because of QB advantage.
    Last edited by basch152; 04-21-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Forte + Stewart does not easily beat Bush + Bell.

Bush and Forte are practically the same player, with I'd say a slight edge to Forte. The only real advantage Forte has over Bush is he doesn't fumble as much. But as far as ability to gain yards/TDs, they're basically the same.

As for Stewart and Bell. Bell is coming off an 8 TD 1200 total yard season despite split time. When was the last time Stewart did anything? Advantage until proven otherwise is definitely Bell right now(And don't bring up fumbles with Bell, half of his fumbles are from being in a ****ing blizzard).

I'd say the RB situation is a wash at best. MAYBE slight advantage chicago if Stewart proves he's still the player he used to be.

That being said, I think overall advantage goes to Chicago, mostly just because of QB advantage.
    While I think Bush is a solid back, Forte is clearly better man. Forte in 6 seasons has 1500 more rushing yards than Bush does in 8 seasons. And they're both huge receiving threats, but Forte only has 300 less receiving yards in 2 fewer seasons. Forte is a healthier player and more complete player than Bush is. He also doesn't need to be in a RBBC. Stewart doesn't need to play a ton for us, so that should help to keep him healthy. He's a bigger back who can help out in short yardage and can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Bell was good last year, but Forte is the best player out of the four and I don't feel like it's all that close.

Basically, if you were given a choice of Reggie Bush or Matt Forte...would you actually think about it? I tend to think it'd be almost a no brainer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    While I think Bush is a solid back, Forte is clearly better man. Forte in 6 seasons has 1500 more rushing yards than Bush does in 8 seasons. And they're both huge receiving threats, but Forte only has 300 less receiving yards in 2 fewer seasons. Forte is a healthier player and more complete player than Bush is. He also doesn't need to be in a RBBC. Stewart doesn't need to play a ton for us, so that should help to keep him healthy. He's a bigger back who can help out in short yardage and can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Bell was good last year, but Forte is the best player out of the four and I don't feel like it's all that close.

Basically, if you were given a choice of Reggie Bush or Matt Forte...would you actually think about it? I tend to think it'd be almost a no brainer.
    This.

vCash
    Bears wr are a win here too great compliments to each other and monsters in the redzone w all that size

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I think Detroit has the much better chance of slowing down the Chicago offense than the other way around.

Detroit's secondary is actually pretty solid. Quinn-Smith is a damn good safety duo, and my corners are much better than Ike Taylor and Trumaine Johnson.

Not to mention I have the DPOY Luke Kuechly, alongside two very good OLBs. My defensive is very solid as well.

How is Chicago going to stop Calvin Johnson? Let's just start there, then we can talk about the rest of Detroit's weapons. They have absolutely no one capable of even remotely slowing down Calvin. Ike Taylor? I mean Jesus. And the safeties in Chicago are absolutely not capable of helping out deep. Polamalu has really lost his explosiveness in recent years, and pretty much played linebacker for the Steelers last season. Calvin Johnson would torch this defense, absolutely torch them.

So the majority of the focus will be on Calvin right? So Steve Smith gets one on one coverage. This is something Steve hasn't gotten his entire career, and giving him a one on one matchup with Trumaine isn't even fair.

And Wes Welker? Is Pacman Jones supposed to be able to slow him down by himself? The underneath routes will be abused by Welker in this game.

And with all of this focus on my 3 WRs, I also have possibly the best backfield in this game. Bush, Bell, Tolbert, and Vick are all dynamic rushers that will be unstoppable with 6 in the box, which the Bears will have to do if they want to have any chance of slowing Down Calvin Steve and Wes.

Detroit has a very good defense that matches up relatively well with Chicago. But Chicago literally has no one to slow down who is most likely the best player in the NFL in Calvin Johnson, which will have a trickle down effect of single coverage on Detroit's other 2 stud WRs and their great rushing game.
    I love welker but lets be real. All those underneath/timing routes are great when you have Peyton Manning and Tom Brady throwing you the ball. Going from that to Michael Vick? Lol Wes will be lucky if he isnt be-headed the first time vick overthrow's him by 5 yards when hes running across the middle
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

vCash
    Forte + Stewart might be better than Bush and Bell, but Bush and Bell and Tolbert and Vick all being rushing attacks is better than Forte and Stewart.

Detroit has the makeup of a team that is a power rushing offense. Having four rushing attacks like that gives me this identity. But I also have the best player in the world at WR, and 2 other great WRs. That makes this offense unstoppable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by juggla53 View Post
    I love welker but lets be real. All those underneath/timing routes are great when you have Peyton Manning and Tom Brady throwing you the ball. Going from that to Michael Vick? Lol Wes will be lucky if he isnt be-headed the first time vick overthrow's him by 5 yards when hes running across the middle
    You are selling Vick way short here. Sure he isn't Peyton, but when is the last time that Vick had a legitimate slot WR? Exactly, he never has had that luxury. He absolutely will be utilizing the best SLOT WR in the game in this matchup

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast