Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Dwight Howard We Once Knew Is Gone Forever

The aura of Dwight Howard, the larger than life athlete, that presence you used to feel about him on the court, that beastliness, that man-child presence, is gone.

This has nothing to do with how he left Orlando or Los Angeles. As a Laker fan, I'm over it.

But when I'm watching the games, I can't even tell that he's on the court sometimes. He used to be huge, he had large size, his body mass would cover up the width of the majority of the paint. But now, physically he's gotten so small that sometimes I mistake him for Terrence Jones. Those 2 guys look alike (only Dwight has a few inches on him).

I no longer see that superman type of blocks, him being able to push guys out of the paint, that decisiveness on the offensive end, the ability to finish around the rim like he once used to.

Once upon a time from I would say 2008-2010/2011, I would call him a top 3 or 4 player along the likes of LeBron, Chris Paul and Kobe. He was probably the 2nd most impactful player of the new generation era behind LeBron. If franchises were starting their team, Dwight would be a top 2 or 3 pick. Some yrs ago, even Phil said that out of everyone in the league no named Kobe, he would start his team with Dwight Howard.

That time is gone, and he looks like a shell of his former self, and he has now hit basically the end of his 10th yr.

I would say that the back surgery and shoulder injury last yr did him damage, but I never knew it would affect him so much explosively on both ends of the floor. I also feel he has become much mentally weaker. HE used to be the guy pushing guys around, and now I see him in stretches of a game where he gets pushed around.

I don't know, I miss seeing that dominant, exciting, superhuman man-child Dwight Howard that we once used to know.

vCash
    He did look bigger in the past. I'm not sure why. I know he lost like an inch after having that surgery but he doesn't look anywhere near as big. Maybe it's just in my head.

vCash
    Gone but never forgotten.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    He's no where near the force he used to be but even then he was really only dominant for about 2-3 years. The guy just hasn't developed his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    The aura of Dwight Howard, the larger than life athlete, that presence you used to feel about him on the court, that beastliness, that man-child presence, is gone.

This has nothing to do with how he left Orlando or Los Angeles. As a Laker fan, I'm over it.

But when I'm watching the games, I can't even tell that he's on the court sometimes. He used to be huge, he had large size, his body mass would cover up the width of the majority of the paint. But now, physically he's gotten so small that sometimes I mistake him for Terrence Jones. Those 2 guys look alike (only Dwight has a few inches on him).

I no longer see that superman type of blocks, him being able to push guys out of the paint, that decisiveness on the offensive end, the ability to finish around the rim like he once used to.

Once upon a time from I would say 2008-2010/2011, I would call him a top 3 or 4 player along the likes of LeBron, Chris Paul and Kobe. He was probably the 2nd most impactful player of the new generation era behind LeBron. If franchises were starting their team, Dwight would be a top 2 or 3 pick. Some yrs ago, even Phil said that out of everyone in the league no named Kobe, he would start his team with Dwight Howard.

That time is gone, and he looks like a shell of his former self, and he has now hit basically the end of his 10th yr.

I would say that the back surgery and shoulder injury last yr did him damage, but I never knew it would affect him so much explosively on both ends of the floor. I also feel he has become much mentally weaker. HE used to be the guy pushing guys around, and now I see him in stretches of a game where he gets pushed around.

I don't know, I miss seeing that dominant, exciting, superhuman man-child Dwight Howard that we once used to know.
    Welcome to 3 years ago, glad you caught up.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Welcome to 3 years ago, glad you caught up.
    Lol
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    While I agree that he is not what he once was, I wish someone besides a Laker fan would have made the thread. Now it's going to turn into a pissing match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    While I agree that he is not what he once was, I wish someone besides a Laker fan would have made the thread. Now it's going to turn into a pissing match.
    Truuuuu
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS:28351821
    He's not a laker fan, he's the realest.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    He just needs to get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    He's not a laker fan, he's the realest.
    Thank you.

13. 04-21-2014, 12:11 AM
    Reason
    Not necessary

vCash
    Looks like the best C in the league to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Looks like the best C in the league to me.
    Marc Gasol and Joakim Noah say hola.

vCash

The Dwight Howard We Once Knew Is Gone Forever

Get over it, Shakeel.
    VIVA CROONER!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast