Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Melo Talk - Melo opting out of contract (Bulls favorites acc. to sources)

vCash
    This is fantastic news...

vCash
    Was about to post this in the now closed thread, but its closed (dur). But could anybody clarify the situation for us laymen?

Say the cap is raised to 63.2, and the luxury to 77.
    Say we amnesty Booz, that leaves us at 47.5.
    Then say we sign Melo at 15 per, that leaves us at 62.5 with Rose/Snell/Butler/Melo/Noah/Gibson/Dunleavy/Smith.

So my question is, what can we do from there? Are we able to re-sign a Hinrich or Augustin into the luxury since they've been on the team? Or are we only only able to do minimum contacts, with no MLE?
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    Was about to post this in the now closed thread, but its closed (dur). But could anybody clarify the situation for us laymen?

Then say we sign Melo at 15 per, that leaves us at 62.5 with Rose/Snell/Butler/Melo/Noah/Gibson/Dunleavy/Smith.

So my question is, what can we do from there? Are we able to re-sign a Hinrich or Augustin into the luxury since they've been on the team? Or are we only only able to do minimum contacts, with no MLE?
    We wouldn't be over the cap so I doubt we would get exceptions.

vCash
    I would love to trade taj while his stock is so high

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    We wouldn't be over the cap so I doubt we would get exceptions.
    Yeah I gathered this much from the last thread, as we have so much cap. Also I gathered that we could re-sign current players (like JB) into the luxury, but what about players who's contract is up, like Hinrich or Augustin? In other words, is it a forgone conclusion, that if we sign Melo, that they are gone (unless they're willing to sign for the minimum)?

Really I just wanna know what our options would be, assuming we signed Melo at 15. And what about rookie contracts?
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I would love to trade taj while his stock is so high
    For what its worth, if we could keep him, and start him next season, his stock would only get higher. Then, after the 14/15 season, we can sell Taj, and then bring Mirotic in.

vCash
    Yeah I gathered this much from the last thread, as we have so much cap. Also I gathered that we could re-sign current players (like JB) into the luxury, but what about players who's contract is up, like Hinrich or Augustin? In other words, is it a forgone conclusion, that if we sign Melo, that they are gone (unless they're willing to sign for the minimum)?

Really I just wanna know what our options would be, assuming we signed Melo at 15. And what about rookie contracts?
    more or less
    melo isnt coming for 15,at least it'll be 17/18

vCash
    Numbers wise, wouldn't Melo be the better fit than love. He crashes the offensive glass, can create his own shot from anywhere on the floor, can play the 3 or 4 exceptionally, and would be the beat scorer we've had since MJ. If we got love we would basically be the same team we are now with a better Power Forward that can shoot the 3 but I don't think Love is making us the favorites. His game is great and scrappy and tenacious but Melo is on a different planet. If rose isn't rose again Melo can be the de-facto #1 option on offense with Rose picking his spots, can Love be that guy in the same scenario? I don't think so. From watching his game and comparing it to old Rose and this years Rose, it seems we need a scorer next to him not a jack or all trades (albeit a great one). Lastly, Melo stops the DRose trap that teams like to throw at him because Melo can handle the rock like a guard. Ok im done

vCash
    If the cap increases it would be no need to trade Taj , especially with Mirotic wouldn't be coming over until the season after if we acquire Melo . Rose / Butler / Taj / Noah can work but I would guess people would rather hold on to Mike and lose Taj .

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash

The Main question is, is Melo serious about wanting to win, 15 mil + title chance should be incentive enough to consider us over the Knicks. as far as your answer, Mirotic would probably be brought over for the MLE, which would be the only thing we would really have left after signing melo near the cap. the rest would be draft picks and vet min contracts,

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    If the cap increases it would be no need to trade Taj , especially with Mirotic wouldn't be coming over until the season after if we acquire Melo . Rose / Butler / Taj / Noah can work but I would guess people would rather hold on to Mike and lose Taj .
    what makes you say this ???

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    what makes you say this ???
    That's if the Bulls don't do a sign and trade and just sign Melo to a deal . But I think the Bulls first priority is to sign Melo and if the situation falls in place of them bringing Mirotic this offseason then they will do so but i won't bank on a sign and trade just yet .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    That's if the Bulls don't do a sign and trade and just sign Melo to a deal . But I think the Bulls first priority is to sign Melo and if the situation falls in place of them bringing Mirotic this offseason then they will do so but i won't bank on a sign and trade just yet .
    as i understand we could still bring him over post melo signing if he signs for under the MLE, which is more or less five and a half mil. which as i understand, is hopefully enough to get him over here.

that said, i would love some clarification on what is mirotic's case. as far as i understand, we own his rights, but, since we drafted him 2011 which will have been over 4 years ago, his rookie scaled contract is no longer in effect. so we can not sign him over cap like you could a draft pick. he can demand whatever he wants, obviously, hopefully its reasonable. and we could use our MLE or mMLE ( if we were into lux tax, which we wont be)

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    we'll be under cap(assuming)so wont get mle

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast