Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,983

    StubHub Ticket Question

    As many of you know, StubHub is often the cheapest way to go to a Mets game these days. I've noticed since the start of last season (or maybe even before that), all the StubHub tickets disappear about two hours before the start of the game. One second there will be around 700 tickets remaining for the game, and the next second there will be 0 for sale. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Does StubHub not sell tickets that close to game time?
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    24,904
    yes it is a stubhub thing, but that only happened to me when I tried to get Mets tickets

    maybe its a baseball thing? I don't have the same problem with Magic tickets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382:28342507
    As many of you know, StubHub is often the cheapest way to go to a Mets game these days. I've noticed since the start of last season (or maybe even before that), all the StubHub tickets disappear about two hours before the start of the game. One second there will be around 700 tickets remaining for the game, and the next second there will be 0 for sale. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Does StubHub not sell tickets that close to game time?
    The Mets will often dump their unsold tickets on Stub Hub. My guess is they remove them after a certain time.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    26,930
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Mets will often dump their unsold tickets on Stub Hub. My guess is they remove them after a certain time.
    Is that true? I didn't know that was even legal. I thought Stubhub was for resale only.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,580
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    As many of you know, StubHub is often the cheapest way to go to a Mets game these days. I've noticed since the start of last season (or maybe even before that), all the StubHub tickets disappear about two hours before the start of the game. One second there will be around 700 tickets remaining for the game, and the next second there will be 0 for sale. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Does StubHub not sell tickets that close to game time?
    Why would you care about going to games? Weren't you making threads about how the season is lost and this franchise is pathetic after game one? Guess all hope is restored now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,983
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Why would you care about going to games? Weren't you making threads about how the season is lost and this franchise is pathetic after game one? Guess all hope is restored now.
    No, I never did that. Get your facts straight before you lash out at someone. Thanks.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:28343995
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Mets will often dump their unsold tickets on Stub Hub. My guess is they remove them after a certain time.
    Is that true? I didn't know that was even legal. I thought Stubhub was for resale only.
    Last I checked there are no laws against selling products on a secondary market. Dont have any links for you, just something ive heard through the years.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    25,326
    Just go to Stubhub's office on 1440 Broadway. They'll accommodate you with last minute tickets either way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •