Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

At what point is enough, enough???

How much longer does management go with a pathetic, garbage team, before a change happens? This is becoming utterly ridiculous to have to deal with, as a fan. Especially in a major market. The kids in the minors that aren't "ready" can't be any worse than the garbage we have on this putrid roster. And if they are, at least an effort to win was put forth. It's very, very clear that losing is at the top of the list right now. Absolutely zero fuggin effort has been made by this management team to win. It's disgusting and embarrassing.

The whole, "starting the clock" bullchitt is a bunch of nonsense. Unless of course the team plans on going to arb every year with these guys. If that's not the plan, then it's a non issue.

Not to mention the pushover chump of an owner we have, getting walked all over by a group of parasites. This whole situation with the direction of the franchise, and the inability to move forward with the renovation of the dump our team plays in, is also an embarrassment.
    Last edited by thawv; 04-18-2014 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    They will close your thread soon but I agree. Reading the optimists you'd think we are the only team in baseball with a decent farm. We aren't the top rated system or even have the top rated prospect but we supposedly have 4 future HOFers coming up soon lol.

vCash
    Tell us how you guys really feel... the reason why threads like this get closed is because there is no point to them. It doesn't foster intelligent conversation like may of our other threads. Instead its just a bunch of pissed off people moaning about they hate their team. If you get this worked up, why not just stop watching and paying attention. I disagree with some of the stuff you said but I understand your frustration. I just choose to see the good things that we have going and hope the rest out of it works itself out. To each their own.

vCash
    Once they trade Samardzija things will be looking up.

vCash
    Some of you guys are so impatient it sickens me. What exactly would you do differently? If I read your post right you would bring up our top prospects right now because they couldn't possibly be worse than the talent on our team? Well I hate to tell you this but that's just not how it works. Baez, Bryant, Almora, Soler, Edwards, etc. still need time to develop, and when they are ready, they will be called up in due time. But to just call them up because our team sucks is the worst possible thing to do.

vCash
    Occupy Wrigley!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    Some of you guys are so impatient it sickens me. What exactly would you do differently? If I read your post right you would bring up our top prospects right now because they couldn't possibly be worse than the talent on our team? Well I hate to tell you this but that's just not how it works. Baez, Bryant, Almora, Soler, Edwards, etc. still need time to develop, and when they are ready, they will be called up in due time. But to just call them up because our team sucks is the worst possible thing to do.
    Also completely forgetting that the Cubs history is littered with cases of guys being rushed up. Thinking they are going to be the saviors and doing absolute jack **** when they got there other than ruining what further development they could have made. You don't develop your players at the major league level.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    To add, the other way to win now would be to sign a bunch of 30 year olds to 6 and 7 year contracts worth 9 figures and we all know how that goes. You are good for a few seasons but then they decline and you are stuck with no money with a roster full of past their prime scrubs.

What Theo and Co. are doing is, instead of building a quick fix team to compete for 1 or 2 years, they are building a team that will compete for the next decade and so on. And for that to happen we are going to have to wait for a few seasons while the foundation is being built. I know it is tough right now but when we have Castro, Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Almora mashing in our lineup it will be all worth it.

Plus, we have enough prospects and money to trade for and sign big pieces to supplement the home grown talent when the time comes. It's taking a while but we are getting close. Very close.
    Last edited by MisterRoddy; 04-18-2014 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    We're not leaving until they get Posey, Cabrera, McCutchen, Trout, Harper, Kershaw, king Felix, Fernandez

vCash
    To add, the other way to win now would be to sign a bunch of 30 year olds to 6 and 7 year contracts worth 9 figures and we all know how that goes. You are good for a few seasons but then they decline and you are stuck with no cap room with a roster full of past their prime scrubs.

What Theo and Co. are doing is, instead of building a quick fix team to compete for 1 or 2 years, they are building a team that will compete for the next decade and so on. And for that to happen we are going to have to wait for a few seasons while the foundation is being built. I know it is tough right now but when we have Castro, Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Almora mashing in our lineup it will be all worth it.

Plus, we have enough prospects and money to trade for and sign big pieces to supplement the home grown talent when the time comes. It's taking a while but we are getting close. Very close.
    couldn't have said it any better
    Cubs and Bears

vCash
    To have next to nothing in place for when the "first wave" finally does come up is shortsighted, bordering on stupid. And it adds, at the very least, two extra years to the rebuild. Maybe the hyped guys shouldn't be called up just yet, but that is no excuse to punt an offseason, which they just did. The alarming thing is that there is always an excuse to not take action. The young guys aren't ready, so we can't add Major League quality pieces. The guy is two months older than we would like, so we aren't going after him. And then there's the ownership that finds even more laughable excuses to not put a shovel in the ground. If 12 months from now it's still this bad, our best hope is probably a situation like the Dodgers had with McCourt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    To have next to nothing in place for when the "first wave" finally does come up is shortsighted, bordering on stupid. And it adds, at the very least, two extra years to the rebuild. Maybe the hyped guys shouldn't be called up just yet, but that is no excuse to punt an offseason, which they just did. The alarming thing is that there is always an excuse to not take action. The young guys aren't ready, so we can't add Major League quality pieces. The guy is two months older than we would like, so we aren't going after him. And then there's the ownership that finds even more laughable excuses to not put a shovel in the ground. If 12 months from now it's still this bad, our best hope is probably a situation like the Dodgers had with McCourt.
    Free Agents will always be available to spend money on. Money not spent last off season just means more available for next offseason. And besides Tanaka, there were hardly any players that were worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Also completely forgetting that the Cubs history is littered with cases of guys being rushed up. Thinking they are going to be the saviors and doing absolute jack **** when they got there other than ruining what further development they could have made. You don't develop your players at the major league level.
    I hope we run Almora out of options by next season because we needed a 5th outfielder who can be our pinch runner I hope Lou Pinella and JH agree with this not that they have even done anything like that before cough Pie cough

vCash
    Dis Thred Rulz

Go Cobs!
    5/1/15

vCash
    To add, the other way to win now would be to sign a bunch of 30 year olds to 6 and 7 year contracts worth 9 figures and we all know how that goes. You are good for a few seasons but then they decline and you are stuck with no cap room with a roster full of past their prime scrubs.

One of the best posts I've seen in awhile well done and I agree 100% They have a plan the worst thing they could possibly do is get away from that plan and take on unnecessary bad contracts let this Wave of our top guys come up see where they fit and how they fit and then you can evaluate your team on what you need. After that you can sign players are needed positions or trade for them with some of our good prospects who might not have a spot like a possible Alcantara, Olt, Villa, Candelario ect a lot of it will really depend where Bryant and Baez can play I'd hate to lose a guy like Jeimer but if we're already set in the infield and he continues to develop he could be a big trade chip for a top of the line pitcher.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast