Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tebow Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@BrendanLeister @JoeGoodberry Mike McCarthy said he wanted a chance to work with Tim Tebow. Scouts knew they'd get fired for picking him

Peter Bukowski (@BukoTime) April 17, 2014

Could you imagine?

I would probably have a brain aneurysm.

TEBOW TIME GUYS. TEBOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    That'd be the stupidest ****ing decision in my Green Bay football-watching lifetime.

vCash
    I'd love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by speakhands View Post
    That'd be the stupidest ****ing decision in my Green Bay football-watching lifetime.
    bringing him into camp would be worse than mandarich. Tebow haters hypwrbole is great.

vCash
    Tebow is a better chance than any udfa. Vince young....same thing

vCash
    omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Norm....please tell me it's not true....I may die of anticipation

GET HIS ***** IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    bringing him into camp would be worse than mandarich. Tebow haters hypwrbole is great.
    My feelings about him personally aside, his talent would have to be HUGE to remotely justify the media circus that always follows him. If it was just based on talent/production, he would be on a bench somewhere in the NFL getting groomed. I mean, besides his completion percentage, he performed well for Denver. But Ted doesn't seem like a media circus type of guy, so I'd be pretty surprised if he was ever truly considered.

Sadly, I think his situation may end up comparing considerably to Michael Sam's. I can't imagine most clubs wanting to sacrifice their sanity during training camp for a guy who is, at best, a 4th-round prospect right now. Which sucks, because Sam is a damn fine football player.

vCash
    My feelings about him personally aside, his talent would have to be HUGE to remotely justify the media circus that always follows him. If it was just based on talent/production, he would be on a bench somewhere in the NFL getting groomed. I mean, besides his completion percentage, he performed well for Denver. But Ted doesn't seem like a media circus type of guy, so I'd be pretty surprised if he was ever truly considered.

Sadly, I think his situation may end up comparing considerably to Michael Sam's. I can't imagine most clubs wanting to sacrifice their sanity during training camp for a guy who is, at best, a 4th-round prospect right now. Which sucks, because Sam is a damn fine football player.
    I still do not understand why he did that. Call me a bit naiive but I don't care for these athletes "coming out of the closet" per se...either that or the media for covering it like a circus, one of the two.

Hey everyone, I'd like to come out of the closet and say I am straight! Woop de doo, nobody cares and lets play football. Go do whatever you want in your bedroom.

vCash
    Kuhn only signed a one year deal so maybe it could work.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 23 | Yards: 351 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 15.3

vCash
    /thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I still do not understand why he did that. Call me a bit naiive but I don't care for these athletes "coming out of the closet" per se...either that or the media for covering it like a circus, one of the two.

Hey everyone, I'd like to come out of the closet and say I am straight! Woop de doo, nobody cares and lets play football. Go do whatever you want in your bedroom.
    That's a little short-sighted. I admittedly felt similarly initially before I thought about it. But, he almost had to come out before entering the NFL. Otherwise, he would set himself up for a much bigger, messier media fiasco. He would either A) have to spend his entire career pretending to be someone that he is not and constantly hiding or destroying his private life (which, let's me honest, is your public life anymore in the NFL) or B) come out while already on a roster and potentially create the biggest media **** short in NFL history and possibly become a fatal detriment to his club.

Really, he had to do it before coming out, even knowing that it would more than likely hurt his draft stock. It definitely took courage to do it at that juncture.

vCash

The media circus crap is overblown at this point. He wouldn't even be competing to be 2nd stringer. He would be here for a third string.

He went to NE last year, did the media circus ruin their team?

No.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post

Because it was about to be leaked.

He wanted to do it on his own terms.

If you were gay, you'd understand that coming out is a big deal for a person. Most would rather do it themselves than have some stupid media report come out saying he was and then have to address it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Kuhn only signed a one year deal so maybe it could work.
    I'd take him for a FB lol

Most of you so pissy about this would be kind of excited if we signed him I bet after a couple weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The media circus crap is overblown at this point. He wouldn't even be competing to be 2nd stringer. He would be here for a third string.

He went to NE last year, did the media circus ruin their team?

No.....
    Wellll, they did cut him before the season even started. And Belichick is the man and could extinguish the worst of flames with his general dryness. Also, the fact that he wouldn't even give Tebow a prolonged roster spot speaks volumes imo, as his opinion should be the most respected in football.

But, no, I would not be excited. I really don't like the dude's personality and would not like to root for him. I would rather go to a Gilbert Godfrey-sang praise concert with Chris Hovan and Freddie Mitchell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast