Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Coach Corbin is released

it isn't even a jazz source, but lets put it in here because I think it is inevitable.

.@Mitch_Lawrence is reporting the @utahjazz are set to "pull the plug" on Tyrone Corbin. Personally, I would've used a different phrase.

vCash
    Not terribly surprising. Looks luke a new era is about to begin in Jazz nation! This is both exciting and scary. I am excited that we might get a great coach to brighten our future but it scares me that we might end up with some terrible retread thats already been passed around the league a couple times.

vCash
    I was hoping someone else might report this, but so far it has been one person who works for the new york times. So I wouldn't put a 100% stock into it yet

vCash
    seems false. lindsey just reported yesterday that they would take a few weeks to let emotions subside and then make a decision.

vCash
    I don't know you think with the season over this is when the coach starts looking at take for the draft so getting a coach in would be a priority

vCash
    some more info

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 14s
    I've been unable to confirm report from New York Daily News' Mitch Lawrence that the Utah Jazz have decided to part ways with Tyrone Corbin.

vCash
    I think it seems pretty reasonable to expect a change. Three years is a pretty good sample size, and though the situation was pretty stacked against him I don't think he did much to really show a special ability.

Look at it this way, if you knew early in the year that you were going to make a coaching change would you have handled it any different than the Jazz have?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    still no word. anything anyone reads by other 'reporters' is just gossip mongering and not worthy of our attention.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    as was mentioned it is hard to know if firing corbin and going with someone else would make the jazz better; I do feel for the man if that is the case. At the same time it would be nice to widen the whole coaching staff circle, and that would easily be a benefit. The coaching circle or pool what have you seems very very small.

vCash
    The @utahjazz make it official. Tyrone Corbin will not be back as head coach. A search for a new head coach will "begin immediately."

vCash
    okay so Ty has officially been let go. who's the new coach of our 2014-15 utah jazz?!!!!!!!

- Hoiberg (one of my favs)
    - Van Gundy (either would be cool w/ me)
    - Hollins (intriguing)
    - Del Negro (ugh)
    - Karl (too old)
    - Sloan (sorry, too old i think)
    - Donovan (would he?)
    - Izzo (long shot)
    - Stockton / Malone (getting crazy now)
    - Someone in the spurs system that Lindsey would covet?

vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m
    One likely candidate for Jazz coaching job, sources tell Yahoo: Spurs assistant Jim Boylen. He has a strong history with GM Dennis Lindsey.

vCash
    also his whole staff has been let go as well

vCash
    Boylen is intriguing. He must be doing something very right to have earned the respect of Popp and Izzo. He had such a strong start at Utah, but in the end that program struggled under his reign. Do we really want our next head coach to be the guy who was canned by The University of Utah? Dunno, but I trust Lindsey.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/13...ylen_rodriguez

Here is a good read on Boylen.

I would love to see Stockton coaching the Jazz.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast