Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games do the Red Sox win?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

2 50.00%

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox (7-9) vs Orioles (7-7)

-----------

Boston Red Sox -vs- Baltimore Orioles

Game 1

Monday, April 18 - 7:10 ET
    TV: NESN+/MLBN

-------------

LHP Jon Lester vs RHP Chris Tillman

Name IP ERA K/9 BB/9 BABIP
    Lackey 18.2 3.86 8.20 1.45 .260
    Tillman 21.1 0.84 6.33 1.27 .206

Game 2

Saturday, April 2 - 1:35 ET
    NESN

-------------

LHP Felix Doubront vs RHP Bud Norris

Doubront 14.2 6.75 4.91 4.30 .333
    Norris 12 3.75 4.50 2.25 .325

Game 3

Sunday, April 20 - 7:05 ET
    TV: ESPN

-------------

RHP Jake Peavy vs RHP Ubaldo Jimenez

Peavy 18.2 1.93 9.64 4.82 .205
    Jimenez 16 7.31 7.31 5.63 .380

Game 4

Monday, April 21 - 11:05 ET
    TV: NESN/MLBN

-------------

RHP Clay Buchholz vs LHP Wei-Yin Chen

Buchholz 16.1 5.51 8.27 1.10 .400
    Chen 17 4.76 6.35 1.06 .410

vCash
    Holt called up and Roberts DFA. Also Grady starting in LF makes no sense. If he can't play RF for whatever reason then move JBjr to RF while at Fenway. No reason to play Nava in RF if you don't have to.

vCash
    Wow. Replay is officially the biggest joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Wow. Replay is officially the biggest joke
    I didn't see it. Did they blow the call?

Edit: Actually, judging by what you said, I'm guessing they blew the call.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 04-18-2014 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    nava is killing this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    I didn't see it. Did they blow the call?

Edit: Actually, judging by what you said, I'm guessing they blew the call.
    This is ruled a fair ball. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Blilzu7CUAAQhfx.png Double led to a run, and we lose our ability to challenge another call.

Quote Originally Posted by win red sox View Post
    nava is killing this team.
    He better wake up or he's going to lose his job when Victorino is back. He had bad months last year, but nothing anywhere near this horrible. I can't say I'm encouraged by JBjr either. He is K'ing like crazy. He looks like he's swinging too hard, he needs to cut it down a notch.

vCash
    Bradley is looking more & more like another over hyped prospect that can play in the majors, but just can't perform well enough to stick with a big market team's standards. He belongs in Oakland with our other cast aways in Reddick, Lowrie, Moss, etc... etc...

We may have to put more stock in Grady Sizemore as our regular center fielder for the next 3-4 years if he continues to stay healthy, or revisit the Matt Kemp negotiations...
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 04-19-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - World Ranking: #5

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Jackie Bradley isn't swinging the bat all that well, but he's still putting up a .360 OBP.

That's pretty encouraging. Some of you guys are way too quick to give up on young players.

vCash
    This team can't play defense. A huge step back without Drew, Iggy, Victorino and Ells making great plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Jackie Bradley isn't swinging the bat all that well, but he's still putting up a .360 OBP.

That's pretty encouraging. Some of you guys are way too quick to give up on young players.
    Not me, I just noted he is K'ing like crazy. He has a .367 babip, but is only hitting .234 because he is K'ing over 30% of the time. Striking out like Adam Dunn, but hitting for no power. He has a lot to work on with his offensive game, I think he is trying to hit for too much power instead of being who he is. I'm very patient when it comes to young players. My point is that he is not exactly killing Nava with his offensive game.

vCash
    Doubront has gotten better and better with each start which is great to see.

Hopefully the offence takes note.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - World Ranking: #5

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Doubront has gotten better and better with each start which is great to see.

Hopefully the offence takes note.
    And his abusers on this board too...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Bradley is looking more & more like another over hyped prospect that can play in the majors, but just can't perform well enough to stick with a big market team's standards. He belongs in Oakland with our other cast aways in Reddick, Lowrie, Moss, etc... etc...

We may have to put more stock in Grady Sizemore as our regular center fielder for the next 3-4 years if he continues to stay healthy, or revisit the Matt Kemp negotiations...
    No sir. JBJ just turned 24. He corrected what he was doing wrong in ST (long loopy swings trying to prove he could hit for power), and took his demotion like a man. His D alone makes him a + WAR player, he's taking walks, he's settling in. He was never going to be a straight comp for Ellsbury. His BA will be lower, but his OBP might be close to Ells, and he's a better much fielder than Ells. He'll never steal 35 bases.

Grady Sizemore as 4 years as a regular? Somehow I doubt that. Matt Kemps is a steaming pile of garbage for the money and no way he can play CF at all. He's a LF and we have plenty of those.

JBJ will probably never be a 7 rWAR player, but he should be a 4.5 rWAR player by the middle of next year. He's only got 1155 professional PA's in his career (many below AA), so we should see what he is before they act like like an hysteric. I think he'll be more than good enough - in particular given what he's getting paid.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Not me, I just noted he is K'ing like crazy. He has a .367 babip, but is only hitting .234 because he is K'ing over 30% of the time. Striking out like Adam Dunn, but hitting for no power. He has a lot to work on with his offensive game, I think he is trying to hit for too much power instead of being who he is. I'm very patient when it comes to young players. My point is that he is not exactly killing Nava with his offensive game.
    JBJ is killing Nava with his glove however. If you want to run out Gomes/Sizemore in LF, JBJ in CF (with GS for says off) and SV in RF (with JBJ for says off and GS in CF). But that sort of rotation means either Carp or Nava is gone. Nava stinks at 1B, I might have to go with Carp and get Nava on a DL rehab stint.

vCash
    **** you O'Day!

PAPI SMASH!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast