Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 off-season thread

post speculation in here.

vCash
    Rondo outcomes:

1. Find a trade partner
    2. Live with him next year if we must
    3. Under no circumstances do a max extension with Rondo (declining 4 years in a row, not a leader, injury prone, moody, doesn't bring it every night, or even 3 out of 4)

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Sign a sg, Sign a C.

Target Gordan Hayward or Lance Stephenson, (shooting guards)

Target Greg Munroe. (Center)

Consider Rondo trade and draft 1 of the top 3 pg's (Ennis, Smart, Exum)

Draft best available player if your passed top 4

Rondo or Draft Pg-Hayward-Green-Sully-Munroe
    Rondo or Draft Pg-Hayward-Green-Olynk-Munroe
    Rondo or Draft Pg-Stephenson-Green-Sully-Munroe
    Rondo or Draft Pg-Stephenson-Green-Olynk-Munroe

My Drafted Choice: Embiid, Exum or Randle(Trade Sully)

vCash
    Trade rondo for NYKs first rounder and THJr. We will have 3 first rounders.....two in the lottery. Draft a PG and a SF/C/SG. Ideally I would love to draft Embiid by slipping into the top 3. We have Embiid at C, Olynyk/Sully at PF, ? At SF, THJr at SG, and draft a young PG such as LaVine, Ennis, or Harrison. Nice young core.....try and find a replacement at SF for Green

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Trade rondo for NYKs first rounder and THJr. We will have 3 first rounders.....two in the lottery. Draft a PG and a SF/C/SG. Ideally I would love to draft Embiid by slipping into the top 3. We have Embiid at C, Olynyk/Sully at PF, ? At SF, THJr at SG, and draft a young PG such as LaVine, Ennis, or Harrison. Nice young core.....try and find a replacement at SF for Green
    Nuggets already own Knicks' 1st round pick

vCash
    Oh **** it I guess that won't work then. We can trade him to NYK anyways for a future first and THJr. Still. Draft a PG this yr or next yr and have a pretty decent SG prospect in THJr.

vCash
    Everytime think back to the deal with sacremento for rondo on what could have been, I die a little inside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Oh **** it I guess that won't work then. We can trade him to NYK anyways for a future first and THJr. Still. Draft a PG this yr or next yr and have a pretty decent SG prospect in THJr.
    Why so high on Hardaway?

vCash
    Like Danny said a lot depends on the draft pick.

I'd like to draft Parker, bring pierce back on a cheap deal, trade Green for Monroe, work a sign n trade for Haywood.

Something like

Rondo
    Haywood
    Monroe
    Sully
    Parker

Would definitely be a step forward from this season.

vCash
    While I believe DAnny will work to make deals this offseason, I actually do not anticipate much of anything happening given the financial constraints and salary cap implications.

Avery Bradley likely holds the key to DAnny's offseason. Does he re-sign him? Does he execute a sign and trade? Does he just allow him to walk away? The first two options will tie up $$ and impact the C's salary cap going forward. I'm in favor of allowing him to walk away given Bradley's self proclaimed salary expectations.

However allowing Bradley to walk away does diminish the pool of assets that might be used to bring a star quality player to Boston via trade.

With this in mind the second key consideration to the off season after Bradley is the accumulation of more assets. There is a real need to improve the quality of the roster in order to make a trade for a significant player. This, of course, is where the two first rounder picks come in. However, it is also where DAnny must make decisions on Johnson, Pressey, Faverani, Babb and Iverson. Johnson and Pressey were in the rotation and IF they can remain in the rotation next season could establish some value as (filler) trade pieces.

Humphries... DAnny is doing right by him. DAnny has publicly praised him and gone so far as to say he would like him back at the right price. Humphries has reciprocated. The thing is, at the same "right price" Boston would sign Humphries for, he is appealing to contending teams. A sign and trade is possible, but see the points made about a Bradley S & T made ^ above. Humphries is probably going to walk away having rehabilitated his image and proven he can provide consistent play at the 4 & 5 spots. And he will do so without the angst that will associated with Bradley being allowed to walk away.

Ditto ^ on Bayless. The caveat here is that Bayless will resign for a LOT less money than Bradley wants. AND Bayless, as a combo guard both fits Steven's system AND is probably at least as appealing as a trade piece as Bradley (talent & cost considered equally).

Bass and Green present more of a conundrum. These guys are solid pieces for use in a "mega trade" but they also (Bass especially) stand in the way of Olynyk and Sully improving both their on-court abilities and by extension their own trade values. And possibly that of this years draft picks as well.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 04-21-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    IMO DA traded for Bayless with the expectation that AB may be a goner...

I also can see DA drafting Aaron Gordon... He would be a typical DA draftee except that he'll be a lottery pick... Very athletic, good bball IQ for his age and his upside can be huge...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I Really hope DA just blows up the team gets all the draft picks possible. Be bad again next year and build through the draft. Take some of the picks to trade up in drafts and by 2017 have a very promising future with still more draft picks in hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO DA traded for Bayless with the expectation that AB may be a goner...

I also can see DA drafting Aaron Gordon... He would be a typical DA draftee except that he'll be a lottery pick... Very athletic, good bball IQ for his age and his upside can be huge...
    As athletic as he is, a 3/4 that shoots 45% from the line is troublesome and worrisome.

vCash
    id take Vonleh instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Why so high on Hardaway?
    I like his size for the SG position and he went off in the rookie vs sophomore game. He has a nice shot and I think if he's given a lot of playing time he could be a very good player. I'm also highon him because iI know the Knicks are high on rondo so they can pair him with melo. So THJ is the best prospect they got and and if we can get a future first for him or two.....I'd pull the trigger. I just don't want rondo anymore and we need to get something for him than just let him walk in FA. Its not like baseball where we can get a pick for him signing elsewhere. Not many teams seem to be interested in Rondo.....but the Knicks are. THJ seems like an intriguing prospect and with the possibility of Bradley leaving.....we are going to be thin at SG. We can draft a PG either this yr or next.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast