Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kerr Expects Coaching Offer

vCash

Kerr Expects Coaching Offer

The Post has learned Kerr has had conversations with his bosses at Turner Sports about adjusting his schedule as an analyst during the upcoming playoffs should he be named the Knicks head coach.

vCash
    Kerr is the only choice to coach the team at this point, he knows the system better than anyone else even Shaw. The only other possible canidate is still playing in OKC in Derek Fisher, there isn't anyone else that I can think of who is cerebral enough to know this system in and out and is good enough to teach it to other's.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Kerr is the only choice to coach the team at this point, he knows the system better than anyone else even Shaw. The only other possible canidate is still playing in OKC in Derek Fisher, there isn't anyone else that I can think of who is cerebral enough to know this system in and out and is good enough to teach it to other's.
    no no no and no to derek fisher....
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Kerr ‘absolutely expects’ Knicks coaching offer

Phil Jackson’s first real imprint on the Knicks organization will come when he names a new head coach or stuns the basketball world by retaining Mike Woodson. Among those waiting on the news is Steve Kerr, the former player and general manager turned broadcaster for TNT.

According to a source close to the situation, Kerr “absolutely expects” to be offered the job. “And if he’s offered the job he’s definitely going to do it,” the source told The Post.

The Post has learned Kerr has had conversations with his bosses at Turner Sports about adjusting his schedule as an analyst during the upcoming playoffs should he be named the Knicks head coach.
    http://nypost.com/2014/04/18/source-...-knicks-coach/

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    no no no and no to derek fisher....
    He doesn't want to coach anyways, lmao I was just pointing out that those who can run the system.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Kerr is a bright dude and a forward thinker. He fits right in with this new breed of NBA coaches we are seeing all over the league. I'd love this move.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    PJax had him set to be Seattle's coach if he took the GM job there, but of course the Kings stayed in Sacramento.

Steve Kerr will be the head coach of the Knickerbockers next season....book it!

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Kerr is a bright dude and a forward thinker. He fits right in with this new breed of NBA coaches we are seeing all over the league. I'd love this move.
    What doesn't hurt is that Kerr is a ex front office guy as a GM and can be counted on by Phil to give him knowledgeable input on certain player's and trades to help turn the team around.

Looks like GM Mills will be less needed as the months keep rolling along.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Funny how Phil has coaching experience but none as a GM, and Kerr has GM experience but none as a coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

vCash
    Seems like people are terrified of first time coaches around here. Look around the league - the coaching landscape is changing. Old school accomplished coaches are being left in the dust and younger, progressive and innovative rookie minds are manning the sidelines with great success.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blastmasta26:28337002
    Funny how Phil has coaching experience but none as a GM, and Kerr has GM experience but none as a coach.
    Put them together and you have one hell of a combo. I love the Kerr move. Hope it is announced asap. Dont drag out the Woodson situation.

vCash
    Steve Kerr was the group who went on record of saying Amare would only hold up for 3 years when he was a FA and elected to not match the Knicks contract. Well the move paid off for the Suns and Kerr left into the sunset as a TV analyst shorty after.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Seems like people are terrified of first time coaches around here. Look around the league - the coaching landscape is changing. Old school accomplished coaches are being left in the dust and younger, progressive and innovative rookie minds are manning the sidelines with great success.
    It doesn't hurt to have a top 3 coach all time as your boss/mentor/former coach.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Don't mind it. So pointless to drag out this Woodson situation... Just let him go and move on.

I'm really curious about who Kerr will hire for his staff but hold up...

The real question is will the great Herb Williams still be here?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast