Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Advanced Stats from 2013

I always love and going back to look at advanced and adjusted stats from the previous season going into the new year. Here are some I have seen while reading today.

Chris Johnson - He had a very bad year even in long runs which are usually his bread and butter. He only had 271 yards on breakaways which was by far the lowest of his career. Not only that but Pro Football Focus rates running backs with what they call an elusive rating is a formula that accounts several factors such as yards after contact, missed tackles, broken tackles and yards past the line of scrimmage. Out of 49 running backs that met the minimum criteria Chris Johnson ranked 47th....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...lusive-rating/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-of-lightning/

vCash
    Offensive Line Ratings

Pass Blocking 26th
    Run Blocking 13th
    Penalties 9th

Michael Roos had a very high rating.
    Rob Turner had a very low rating.
    Chance Warmack struggled
    Andy Levitre wasn't bad but he fell short of expectations after a big contract

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ne-rankings/2/

vCash
    Quarterbacks

Kinda depressing to me but Football Outsiders had both Jake Locker and Ryan Fitzpatrick rated nearly the exact same only a few spots difference with Fitzpatrick actually being rated higher in their most important rating for defensive ranking adjusted stats.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 04-17-2014 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Rob Turner sucked, thank God he's gone
    Warmack struggled as a rookie, not a big deal yet
    Levitre didn't meet expectations but there's time to turn that around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Rob Turner sucked, thank God he's gone
    Warmack struggled as a rookie, not a big deal yet
    Levitre didn't meet expectations but there's time to turn that around
    The funny thing is that Fernando Velasco rated high again in 2013. He was a top 15 center in both 2012 and 2013. Our front office totally whiffed on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The funny thing is that Fernando Velasco rated high again in 2013. He was a top 15 center in both 2012 and 2013. Our front office totally whiffed on that one.
    Yea I heavily disagreed with keeping Turner over Velasco but am no longer worried. Schwenke will be solid

vCash
    Yea I heavily disagreed with keeping Turner over Velasco but am no longer worried. Schwenke will be solid
    I certainly agree, I actually have faith our line will continue to progress even with Oher. My only real question is which direction we start the draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    I certainly agree, I actually have faith our line will continue to progress even with Oher. My only real question is which direction we start the draft?
    DE/LB or Quarterback. Only options unless one of the big wide receivers falls to #11.

vCash
    DE/LB or Quarterback. Only options unless one of the big wide receivers falls to #11.
    I recently participated in a mock draft that had us landing Gilbert at 11 and Mettenberger at 42.

vCash
    I'm convinced. I'm sold. Barr is my guy at 11. If he's not there, trade back into 15-20 range, pick up a 2nd or 3rd, and draft Dennard (if Gilbert is gone), Mosley or Nix.

vCash
    I'm convinced. I'm sold. Barr is my guy at 11. If he's not there, trade back into 15-20 range, pick up a 2nd or 3rd, and draft Dennard (if Gilbert is gone), Mosley or Nix.
    If we end up with Gilbert or a Quarterback sitting there as our options at #11 then I would rather trade back....

vCash
    As of right now I think Barr is the no brainer for what we need and value. Barr could be brought along slowly next year.

vCash
    If we end up with Gilbert or a Quarterback sitting there as our options at #11 then I would rather trade back....
    I agree. If Barr isn't available to us at 11, let's trade back.

vCash
    I agree. If Barr isn't available to us at 11, let's trade back.
    Personally, unless Mack/Watkins or Clowney fall to 11 I'd be for trading back. This draft is argueably the deepest in recent memory so I'd love to deal back and acquire more pieces.

vCash
    No way Mack or Clowney are at 11. Both top 5 picks, possibly top 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast