Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Coaching search - UPDATE: CANUCKS TO HIRE WILLIE DESJARDINS AS NEW HEAD COACH

Same as the GM search thread, we can use this to update the coaching search.

As long as Tortorella is here, there won't be many names to surface, but its obviously not a guarantee that Torts returns.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Barry Trotz

/thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Barry Trotz

/thread
    No thanks.

vCash
    Barry Trotz

/thread
    This and close thread.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    No thanks.
    Trotz is ten times the coach that Tortorella is. He uses what he has very well and is a credible builder as well. If this team is rebuilding, I would love for Trotz to be behind the bench. Laviolette is the only other coach on the market that I would be interested in.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Barry Trotz is a really good coach. He's also not a "defensive coach" like some people assume after watching Nashville. He adapted that style of play because it was Nashville's only chance to win, and look at what they have done with it. He had back to back first round playoff victories on teams that didn't have a single PPG player or even a 25 goal scorer. Look at the defensive players that have come out from nashville during his tenure, look at the goalies! Barry Trotz is BY FAR the Canucks best option as a head coach.

vCash
    Barry Trotz is a really good coach. He's also not a "defensive coach" like some people assume after watching Nashville. He adapted that style of play because it was Nashville's only chance to win, and look at what they have done with it. He had back to back first round playoff victories on teams that didn't have a single PPG player or even a 25 goal scorer. Look at the defensive players that have come out from nashville during his tenure, look at the goalies! Barry Trotz is BY FAR the Canucks best option as a head coach.
    Not trying to be an *** but do you have evidence that he CAN coach a creative offense? I think Aquilini prefers an offensive minded guy opposed to a defensive guy.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Not trying to be an *** but do you have evidence that he CAN coach a creative offense? I think Aquilini prefers an offensive minded guy opposed to a defensive guy.
    Nothing *******'y about that haha

I'll admit that most of my knowledge of Barry Trotz is second hand, Bob McKenzie was the one who explicitly said Barry Trotz is NOT just a defensive coach, and that's just what he has to work with in Nashville.

Trotz' first major coaching job was in the AHL for the Portland Pirates, in 1994 they won the Calder Cup while scoring the 3rd most goals in the league, and being the highest scoring team in the playoffs. I can't vouch for what system or anything they used obviously but they did score a lot.

But I mean if there was ever a guy who could get the most out of Hamhuis, Edler, Lack, Kesler, etc it's Trotz

vCash
    Fyi canucks fired torts.

<3

vCash

Coaching search - UPDATE: CANUCKS FIRE JOHN TORTORELLA

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450923

vCash
    What do you think of McClellan coming here if Sharks fire him?

<3

vCash
    What do you think of McClellan coming here if Sharks fire him?
    Better than Trotz. Whoever we get is going to be coaching through some lean years.

vCash
    Better than Trotz. Whoever we get is going to be coaching through some lean years.
    Which is why I wanted Eakins last year. I figured he'd be able to coach up the youth. Horvat, Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado, Kassian would have all benefited from that hire.

<3

vCash
    Which is why I wanted Eakins last year. I figured he'd be able to coach up the youth. Horvat, Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado, Kassian would have all benefited from that hire.
    I agreed with that too. He's struggled with the Oilers though.

vCash
    Has anyone heard anything about the coaching search?

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast