Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    El Nath
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500

    NBA Playoffs Round 1 of the Eastern Conference: Raptors Vs. Nets

    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 04-18-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    [CENTER]


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    El Nath
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    I'm going with Raptors in 6. Basically they are younger and better at every position. The Nets players do have a lot more playoff experience but this Raptor squad and Canada looks pretty hungry right now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,633
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

    That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

    Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,424
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

    That being said I disagree. I think the Nets experience will win out here. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff performances. I'm going with them.

    Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?
    I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,977
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

    That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

    Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?
    The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,300
    vCash
    1500
    i hope dwane casey doesn't do something stupid like play novak in a desperate attempt to go small.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    8,988
    vCash
    1500
    I got the Nets because they are the Nets and the Raptors are the Raptors. Yes that is a simple answer but it means alot.

    The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,088
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

    That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

    Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?
    A little too excited maybe?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    257
    vCash
    833
    Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,633
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.
    Wow. Way to be able to give yourself credit for being right no matter what the outcome. Tough to fit "I like the Raps chances" and "Nets win it in 6" in the same sentence but you did it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,633
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.
    Let's say the Nets roll-out a crunchtime lineup of D-Will, JJ, Livingston, Pierce, KG. How do you defend that?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,633
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFromCanada View Post
    Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.
    What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,633
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    A little too excited maybe?
    My thought as well. However, as someone who has made (and won) a sig-bet for life... I love it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    257
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.
    yea but not as a group this isn't the Boston Celtics a few year ago or anything like that.

  16. 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •