Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Playoffs Round 1 of the Eastern Conference: Raptors Vs. Nets

Last edited by FriedTofuz; 04-18-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    [CENTER]

vCash

vCash
    I'm going with Raptors in 6. Basically they are younger and better at every position. The Nets players do have a lot more playoff experience but this Raptor squad and Canada looks pretty hungry right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Love me some bball breakdown. If any diehard nba fans havent watched his videos before then you are missing out.

That being said I disagree. I think the Nets experience will win out here. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff performances. I'm going with them.

Bold move FriedTofuz risking your account on it. Any reason why you're so confident?
    I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash

That being said I disagree. I've been a doubter of the Raptors/Blazers/Suns the whole season and I'm not changing now. The Nets are played well with their small-ball lineup and the Raptors can't exploit that. The Nets have momentum and proven playoff experience. I'm going with them.

The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.

vCash
    i hope dwane casey doesn't do something stupid like play novak in a desperate attempt to go small.

vCash
    I got the Nets because they are the Nets and the Raptors are the Raptors. Yes that is a simple answer but it means alot.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash

A little too excited maybe?

vCash
    Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Jonas and Amir Johnson are enough in the bigs department to pound Brooklyn down low. And watching DWill and Joe try to stay in front of Lowry and DeMarr should be fun. I like the Raps chances here - but if Pierce can put up a monster series I think Nets win it in 6. Based on his playoff series vs us last year, I'm not too sold on that.
    Wow. Way to be able to give yourself credit for being right no matter what the outcome. Tough to fit "I like the Raps chances" and "Nets win it in 6" in the same sentence but you did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    The raptors have more momentum. Raptors can play small. They might not start a small line up but they sure have the ability to play small.
    Let's say the Nets roll-out a crunchtime lineup of D-Will, JJ, Livingston, Pierce, KG. How do you defend that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFromCanada View Post
    Raptors because as some guy ,that I forget the name of, said yesterday on TV Brooklyn players may have experience but they do not have experience together.
    What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    A little too excited maybe?
    My thought as well. However, as someone who has made (and won) a sig-bet for life... I love it.

vCash
    What are you talking about? Deron Williams and Joe Johnson just played together in the playoffs last season and Pierce/KG won a title together.
    yea but not as a group this isn't the Boston Celtics a few year ago or anything like that.

16. 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast