Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Durant

vCash

Durant

Will the media finally scrutinize him if they are one and done? The guy gets the super star treatment without any of the blame for losses... Kobe/James always got ridiculed when their teams didnt win regardless of whos fault it was or who they had around them... Durant continues his free ride. If he does not win a championship this year or goes one and done will that change or will people just blame how strong the west is or westbrook?

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Tommy was always my favorite power ranger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    OK but who's your favorite bioman?

vCash
    so sick of stupid *** questions like this. KD was 23 when he lost to a prime LBJ, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in the finals. That was honestly the only year until now that he's had a chance at winning a title and he got close. wtf do you mean he's been given a free pass? he is 25, has carried a team on his back to the top 2 seed the last 3 years, has done everything for his team and it has excelled. dumb *** ****s like the op are just waiting to tear someone down. basketball is a team sport, people love to forget.

5. 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
    Reason
    Baiting-B'sCelts

vCash
    They will, but much like LeBron, they probably will go way overboard.

vCash
    In which season/situation would you have called for the scrutiny, OP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Will the media finally scrutinize him if they are one and done? The guy gets the super star treatment without any of the blame for losses... Kobe/James always got ridiculed when their teams didnt win regardless of whos fault it was or who they had around them... Durant continues his free ride. If he does not win a championship this year or goes one and done will that change or will people just blame how strong the west is or westbrook?
    the reason why lebron has pressure was because of the decision, he was very arrogant (comments, behaviour like mocking dirk) so many wanted to see him fail.

Durant hasn't left his team or shown to be very arrogant etc...so the media do not jump on. its that simple/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    the reason why lebron has pressure was because of the decision, he was very arrogant (comments, behaviour like mocking dirk) so many wanted to see him fail.

Durant hasn't left his team or shown to be very arrogant etc...so the media do not jump on. its that simple/
    No, it started well before that while he was in Cleveland. Expectations for LeBron were massive and once he started winning MVPs and losing series they were favored in going in the hate started pouring in. Which is when I used to defend him constantly on here.

vCash
    this is Durants last season where he can escape scrutiny, he's still 25. miami and SA still seem to be the favorites. ill start being more critical next season if he fails this year. if he wins at 25 this year I'd consider him ahead of schedule...

not a lot of guys win their first finals MVP on the year they win their first regular season MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    No, it started well before that while he was in Cleveland. Expectations for LeBron were massive and once he started winning MVPs and losing series they were favored in going in the hate started pouring in. Which is when I used to defend him constantly on here.
    yeah, i think the heat really starts cooking' once you've got your regular season MVP. the countdown starts the second he's photographed with the MVP trophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    http://m.wdsu.com/entertainment/jaso...-punk/24366682

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    The LeBron hate really started when it looked like he quit in the Boston series. He got a pass pretty much every year before that...people (me included) just blamed his team. Only the dumb Kobe fans and skip bayless blamed him for losing to the magic and pistons

vCash
    You see how noone is even talking about Thunder winning a championship this year? There are no expectations for that really, thats why Durant gets a pass every year, this year will be probably the same.

LeBron got all the scrunity, because he was clearly the best player in the league and everyone expected for his cleveland team to win almost every year, and he even didn't have the help Durant has right now.

Now Miami is expected to win, LeBron is still the "target". If we remove LeBron from the league, Durant will become that media "target". Also that MVP throphy Durant is gonna get this year is gonna slightly move the scope from Bron to him. If you are the best in the league, you need to prove that, not in regular season, thats what people expect.
    Last edited by Minimal; 04-18-2014 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    You see how noone is even talking about Thunder winning a championship this year? There are no expectations for that really, thats why Durant gets a pass every year, this year will be probably the same.

LeBron got all the scrunity, because he was clearly the best player in the league and everyone expected for his cleveland team to win almost every year, and he even didn't have the help Durant has right now.

Now Miami is expected to win, LeBron is still the "target". If we remove LeBron from the league, Durant will become that media "target". Also that MVP throphy Durant is gonna get this year is gonna slightly move the scope from Bron to him. If you are the best in the league, you need to prove that, not in regular season, thats what people expect.
    Heat V OKC finals is the most predicted matchup and I think it's about 50/50 on who takes it. Not too sure you're on point here, but expectations are still probably a little higher for LBJ since he has the easier path and is attempting a 3peat to put him in a higher 'legend' status while he's still peak/prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    this is Durants last season where he can escape scrutiny, he's still 25. miami and SA still seem to be the favorites. ill start being more critical next season if he fails this year. if he wins at 25 this year I'd consider him ahead of schedule...

not a lot of guys win their first finals MVP on the year they win their first regular season MVP.
    That's a lazy way of thinking of it; context completely ignored.