Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Are the Dodgers targeting pitchers who rake

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...chers-who-rake

Dodger pitchers produced about 10 more runs with their hitting than any other team last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...chers-who-rake

Dodger pitchers produced about 10 more runs with their hitting than any other team last season.
    any other team is really just the national league, and I think they just got lucky.

vCash
    They aren't "targeting" those pitchers, but I will say this is probably one of the best hitting rotation in this ERA of baseball, at least on paper. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Haren can all hit well for pitchers and when Billingsley comes back he'll make it a great 5 man hitting rotation.
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    They aren't "targeting" those pitchers, but I will say this is probably one of the best hitting rotation in this ERA of baseball, at least on paper. Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Haren can all hit well for pitchers and when Billingsley comes back he'll make it a great 5 man hitting rotation.
    I think Generally, pitchers who are really athletic can also learn to hit, part of it I think is the desire, and these guys are all(with the exception of Ryu) really athletic.
    Here is a site that give Grienke's highschool scouting report, people were talking about him as an OF, probably in the 2nd round, he even used to Catch, it's just that his arm was to good to not have him pitch.
    https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=112468

vCash
    I'd rather have 5 aces who hit 0 runs all season, than an average rotation who hit 10-20 runs in a season

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    I'd rather have 5 aces who hit 0 runs all season, than an average rotation who hit 10-20 runs in a season
    I don't see it as an either or situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    but we aren't either or. We have 3 legit aces (kersh, grienke and ryu), possibly four when Bills comes back (he was pitching ace level before he got hurt in 2012) and then we have Haren, who is a #3 on most teams, our team is pretty talented.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    but we aren't either or. We have 3 legit aces (kersh, grienke and ryu), possibly four when Bills comes back (he was pitching ace level before he got hurt in 2012) and then we have Haren, who is a #3 on most teams, our team is pretty talented.
    I don't know if I would call Ryu an ace, I think he has done far better than anyone expected when the dodgers got him, specifically when guys like Kieth Law were talking about him being a 6th starter/Reliever. Also, Bills was pitching like an ace before he got hurt, but the first half of that season people were calling for him to be cut. So who knows what we have in him, right now it's nothing though.

I guess I would say that Kershaw and Grienke are #1's on any team, Ryu is a #2 on most teams, the way Haren is a #3 on most teams, and Bills is a wild card.

vCash
    This is Ryu's second season and the way he handles the Giants the second time around he made the necessary adjustment and shut them down. I know the first time he had some bad luck with some errors but he can reach up to 95 and he has ace material. I brought this same question up yesterday if he was an ace. If he's not an ace now, he will be soon. Also, having Zack is a God send. By all star break, MLB network will be talking about our three aces. We also have Dan Heren is going to excel in LA and we can't forget the wild card coming back in Chad Bills. I also like the how we now have some heat throwers coming out of the bullpen to match the Cards.

vCash

vCash
    For comic relief:

2010 Hiroki Kuroda: 2 for 55 .036 Avg
    Josh Beckett since joining Dodgers: 1 for 27, .037 Avg

IMO, its just coincidence. Dodgers also looked at Price, who cant hit.

However, if other pitchers (ZG, KC) are always taking BP, and have a little competition to see who's the best hitting pitcher, dont you think that will cause the other guys on the staff to also focus more on hitting?

ZG didnt become a pitcher until later, I think he was the best hitter on his High School team.

This is who I would send to the NBA Lottery.