Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba draft

vCash

Nba draft

I realize we don't have any picks in this years draft, but I am relatively confident we will buy at least one pick. I think we target the end of the 1st round. That said, I think we need to target a PG and it just so happens that two very good PG's are projected to be late 1st round early 2nd round picks. One is Kentucky's Freshman PG Andrew Harrison who is 6'5 and while young and raw is talented and full of potential. The other is UConn's Senior PG Shabazz Napier. While a little undersized at 6 feet (maybe) is experienced and just led UConn to a National Championship. All of this is speculation, but if we do buy a pick or two, who would you like to target?

vCash
    If we get a pick it'd have to be for a point guard that we can develop. I don't think anyone will be willing to trade/or sell picks unless we acquire one via a trade involving tyson chandler. With the emergence of cole, I really believe Tyson is more expendable than ever. I think we should get Harrison. You can't teach size and wingspan and hes 6 5 with a 6 8 wingspan.

vCash
    Almost every draft a team or teams sell picks at the end of the 1st round and definitely in the 2nd round. We will aggressively be looking to buy one or more of those picks.

vCash
    every year people say this, pretty much every year it doesn't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    The difference is this year we actually HAVE our 3 mil in spending money, all the other years since the new CBA we had no money to buy any pick. It's more about will Phil want to buy a pick or save the cash.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    With no picks and the money to spend and a roster to fill, I can all but guarantee we buy at least one pick. The question is can we get a first rounder or will we have to just accept a 2nd rounder.

vCash
    lmao people don't know with the new cba and teams like the thunder who have to resign a couple players will want to be under the tax line the thunders pick will be available the only thing is ther will be a ton of teams trying to buy it the suns also have to resign Bledsoe and have might go after Randolph or gasol or gay so ther pick will be available too

ntm last years draft was weak and ther wasn't really anybody in the late first worth buying a pick for this draft will be deep especially with parker now coming out too a lot of players will fall to late first or 2nd rd
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 04-17-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Several teams have multiple picks, with Phoenix and Sixers having the most.

OKC has two, but has a stacked roster and probably don't want to commit to the guaranteed part of two rookie contracts that won't be able to help them right away. Look for them to trade at least one of them in a deal to upgrade the roster, especially if they don't win it all this year.

Phoenix has 3 first round picks and already some young players on the team to develop (Plumlee, Goodwin, Len) Adding three more guaranteed contracts in the first round and a second rounder doesn't really help them as much as packaging in a trade for a player to help their team or future picks.

vCash
    If the Knicks buy a low first round pick and they are looking to choose a PG, I would look into Elfrid Payton and Deonte Burton.

They both have some flaws overall, but if there is one thing from both that stick out is that they are both defensive minded guards. Burton is only 6'1 but is an explosive leaper and 6'6 wingspan, Payton is 6'4 with a 6'7 wingspan is will eventually fill into his body making him usefull at either guard spots.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Cole Aldrich does not make Tyson Chandler expendable no way no how. Maybe if Melo leaves and we go into tank mode and all-in for 2015. If we want Melo to stay, if we trade Tyson we better have a way of getting an anchor like Asik to replace him.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Phil hates rookies. He never played them in LAL why would he buy a pick?

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    Phil hates rookies. He never played them in LAL why would he buy a pick?
    That was the Lakers and he did play rookies or those with minimum experience also Deveon George, Jannero Pargo, Kareem Rush, Brian Cook, Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmar.

If you go back to his Chicago days he played alot of young player's B.J Armstrong was one of them that got instant burn as a rookie, other notable youngins he had was Scottie Pippen, Horance Grant, Will Perdue, Scott Williams, Stacy King, Corey Blount, Luc Longley, Jason Caffey.

All those player's was either rookies or with less than 3 years experience in the league.

In short he will play rookies if they are smart enough to grasp the triangle, if your an idiot you can sit at the end of the bench.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    phil never had a top notch pg to run his team. he just needs a solid ball handler who plays good D and understands his offense. i think he goes FA route to find a PG. we don't have 2-3 years to wait for a young PG to develop if we're keeping melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTINEAST View Post
    phil never had a top notch pg to run his team. he just needs a solid ball handler who plays good D and understands his offense. i think he goes FA route to find a PG. we don't have 2-3 years to wait for a young PG to develop if we're keeping melo.
    I guess BJ Armstrong was chopped liver then as a rookie who played right away or Derek Fisher as a 3 year player learning on the fly with Kobe and grasped it fairly quickly, also I mentioned in another thread the only 8 serviceable PG available as FA and all are career backup's who can't play a lick of defense.

So let's rethink that thought. You just need to know how to play defense, and have a high basketball I.Q. Everything else is a bonus.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    I really think there will be some NBA level talent that will not get drafted this year. There is so much hype around this draft and it's youth, that there are some very accomplished seniors coming out of college that can be highly productive NBA players that will not get drafted.

I'm not talking about athletic freaks or high potential guys. I'm talking about players that can play and have a well defined game. I hope the Knicks scouts do their homework (which they usually do).

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast