Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which will happen first in the coming years?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2,000 yard rusher

4 16.67%
  • 2,000 yard receiver

13 54.17%
  • 6,000 yard passer

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What will happen first in the coming years?

2,000 yard rusher
    2,000 yard receiver
    6,000 yard passer
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

vCash
    I think Josh Gordon could get 2,000 yards receiving if he had a real quarterback. It'd take the combo of a good quarterback and a lack of a lot of weapons outside one great receiver. Jordan Cameron is all Cleveland has right now, so as of now I'd say Gordon has the best shot at it.

Calvin Johnson came so close 2 seasons ago, but Detroit now has more weapons and I doubt he comes close again. AJ Green is another candidate imo.

vCash
    Not even the biggest stat-padders in the league could manage to pad 6000 yards passing, so I'll say that one won't happen (would have to average 375 YPG).

I don't think there's any HBs I can think of who'd get it any time soon; It's hard for me to believe AP could do it twice and his window is closing, but he'd have the best shot since he's one of a very small handful of HBs who don't have to share reps. Maybe Marshawn Lynch considering SEA's defense won't be letting opposing offenses stay on the field too long and he'd have shots, but playing in the NFC West he'd be facing 3 very good divisional defenses 6 times.

My guess though is a 2000 yard WR will come about due to some mediocre team with a good QB-WR combo (see 2012 Lions). It's going to have to require a QB who is bad enough to lock onto one guy in constant double coverage, but good enough to bomb it to him, as well as an elite WR and a schedule that plays against a terrible defense (so they can pass all over them) but a really good offense (so the score is close and they have to keep airing it out).

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    They all seem tough. I'll say 2k receiver. ^Makes some good points.

vCash
    Right, it'd have to be some sort of perfect storm like the Lions.
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

vCash
    If the Browns get a decent QB without another WR, Josh Gordon could break 2000 yards next year. 250 targets would probably do it.

vCash
    Lacy 2300 rushing yards. Jordy 2000 receiving yards. Rodgers 6200 passing yards. Book it.

Seriously though, I see the WR 2K happening before either of the other 2. 6000 passing yards really seems like a stretch to me. Unless they bump the schedule up to 18 games, I don't see that happening.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: | Yards: | TDs: | Avg:

vCash
    Hmmm.... Lets see.

7 2,000-yard rushers

0 2,000-yard receivers

0 6,000-yard passers

I'm probably gonna go with the one that has happened 7 times over the two that have never happened.... Not only that but we had 2 backs go over 2,000 yards within the last 5 years.

vCash
    2,000-yard rusher

vCash
    I don't think people understand how hard it is for a receiver to get 2,000 yards. Its arguably the easiest position for a defense to take out of a game if that player is the threat on the field. Its a hell of a lot easier to shutdown a single receiver than it is a stud running back or quarterback.

Besides you look around the league and teams are more and more going to multiple wide receiver sets to spread the ball all over the field.

In the history of the league there has only been 5 players get over 1,700 receiving yards in a season.

vCash
    There's going to be another 2,000-yard rushing season before anything else. The only way there will ever be a 6,000-yard passing season is if the running game is outlawed.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller:28335320
    Hmmm.... Lets see.

7 2,000-yard rushers

0 2,000-yard receivers

0 6,000-yard passers

I'm probably gonna go with the one that has happened 7 times over the two that have never happened.... Not only that but we had 2 backs go over 2,000 yards within the last 5 years.
    Yes but the NFL is a pass first league now that is why no one even wants a th in the first round anymore. I would say passer but the QB's now are more mobile so I'm going receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I don't think people understand how hard it is for a receiver to get 2,000 yards. Its arguably the easiest position for a defense to take out of a game if that player is the threat on the field. Its a hell of a lot easier to shutdown a single receiver than it is a stud running back or quarterback.

Besides you look around the league and teams are more and more going to multiple wide receiver sets to spread the ball all over the field.

In the history of the league there has only been 5 players get over 1,700 receiving yards in a season.
    Not only that, but only calvin and gordon have broken 1600 yards in the last DECADE

vCash
    It's easily a 2000 yard rusher. As defenses stack more and more to be built to defend the pass some team with a decent running back is going to have a gameplan to run the ball. Heck I'll even make a "short list" of running backs that will be able to do it:
    Adrian Peterson
    Le'Veon Bell
    Eddie Lacy
    Doug Martin

That's likely about it.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's easily a 2000 yard rusher. As defenses stack more and more to be built to defend the pass some team with a decent running back is going to have a gameplan to run the ball. Heck I'll even make a "short list" of running backs that will be able to do it:
    Adrian Peterson
    Le'Veon Bell
    Eddie Lacy
    Doug Martin

That's likely about it.
    Honestly, as much as I like Lacy, I don't see him ever getting enough carries to come close to 2000 yards while Rodgers is healthy and playing at the level he plays. I like Bell, but he's going to need a loooot of help whether it be by getting a better OL or Roethlisberger losing a step and not passing as well as he does. I just don't see an HB hitting 2000 yards unless he's really great and the rest of his offense (minus OL) is pretty sub-par. I like Bell as an HB, but I like him better as a yards grinder/goal-line guy, I didnt' see his breakaway speed which helps rack up yards (under 4 ypc isn't going to get 2000 yards; I realize he's only a rookie, I'm just saying I haven't seen enough to thnk he's the next 2000 yarder).

IMO the 3 guys with the best chance are AP, Dough Martin, and Lynch. And given that Martin has to play CAR and NO's defenses 4 times, I don't see him doing it, and Lynch playing SF/ARZ/STL's defenses 6 times isn't going to help him. AP gets to play a lack-luster Bears/Packers run defense 4 times.

If CJ2K weren't going to a team where he'll be sharing a lot of reps, I'd say he mght have a shot since the Jets will be pounding the ball a lot and there defense should be stopping a lot of offenses.

IMO a lot of guys over the last 10 years could've hit 2000 yards if given more carries or if they weren't stuck in a system that required them to share carries. I honestly don't understand why DeAngelo Williams loves Carolina so much, because IMO he could've been a household name on a team that would've used him more. In 2008 if he wasn't sharing time with Stewart he could've easily hit 2000 yards. Same could be said of a lot of guys in that situation.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast