Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,518
    vCash
    1500

    Gilbride's Defense of Eli

    People keep referencing it and he's done it a few times on different outlets, but here's 2 examples:

    Ralph Vacchiano
    about 17 hours ago
    Kevin Gilbride stormed to Eli Manning's defense Mon. saying its "ludicrous" to say he's declining. "There's been...
    ... no deterioration of his arm strength, there’s been no lack of preparation and effort,” Gilbride said on Monday in an episode of ProFootball Talk on NBCSN. "I think he’s going to be fine as soon as they solidify the offensive line. They certainly made a move to do that by bringing in three interior offensive linemen and as soon as they get somebody that’s going to be productive for them as an outside receiver. Victor Cruz is terrific, but they need somebody that when they go match up, bump and run (and) go win for them.”
    Should there be concern about Eli Manning after last year? Kevin Gilbride on @SiriusXMNFL: “He’d be the first one…
    … to tell you that he could’ve had a better year. We all could’ve done better. But again, when you’re getting pummeled the way he was getting pummeled, it’s hard to be as effective as you normally are … Now again, one of the things that he is wont to do, that has been something we get frustrated with – but he quite frankly doesn’t care – if you’re down by a couple of scores near the end of the game, he’s going to throw it up and give his guys a chance to go get it. … He’ll do whatever it takes to give his team a chance to win. Because those first six games were abysmal, we were in that situation far too often. It’s not something we encourage, but he’s going to do whatever. And if that means he’s going to throw another interception or two in those situations, he really doesn’t care."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,216
    vCash
    1500
    That's why I love Eli. Try and make a play to come back not dial it in and pad your stats giving your team 0% chance of winning.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    That's why I love Eli. Try and make a play to come back not dial it in and pad your stats giving your team 0% chance of winning.
    Yup. It's that Unitas, balls out risk taking attribute. If he isn't a risk taker, the Tyree and Manningham SB catches never happen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup. It's that Unitas, balls out risk taking attribute. If he isn't a risk taker, the Tyree and Manningham SB catches never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    That's why I love Eli. Try and make a play to come back not dial it in and pad your stats giving your team 0% chance of winning.
    Exactly ..no Super Bowl wins without his attitude and rather have guts like his than someone being careful just to lose a game by less ..Eli not caring about multi int games is fine with me (he cares just not about the int more about losing..ect ..than the stat ) .

    Anyone who cares about any of their stats more than just winning will do nothing for us anyway ....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,292
    vCash
    1500

    Gilbride's Defense of Eli

    That's just Eli.

    In this era or stats obsessed players, I love that all he cares about is giving his team a chance to make plays and win games, even if it kills his own stats.

    Just keep him from getting pummeled and he's the guy I want behind center for this team as long as he can suit up.
    Go Grab My Belt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    624
    vCash
    1500
    I would have preferred it if Gilbride had used the Chewbacca defense instead...

    Gilbride: "Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed press, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"

    "Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with Eli? Nothing!"


    I miss our dominating D.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    **** Peyton, I'm taking Eli over him everytime on any day. Peyton is the better QB but there's something about Eli that can make you think fond of him.

    I also have some respect for Gilbride backing Eli up. He could have said anything he wanted about Eli since he was no longer the Giants OC, but the fact that he spoke highly of Eli shows that he spoke from the heart with no grudge against the Giants and that he still believes in him. btw who came up with the nickname "Killdrive" anyway?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    **** Peyton, I'm taking Eli over him everytime on any day. Peyton is the better QB but there's something about Eli that can make you think fond of him.

    I also have some respect for Gilbride backing Eli up. He could have said anything he wanted about Eli since he was no longer the Giants OC, but the fact that he spoke highly of Eli shows that he spoke from the heart with no grudge against the Giants and that he still believes in him. btw who came up with the nickname "Killdrive" anyway?
    I'll agree mostly but do remember if he bashed Eli ppl would say that's bc he cost him his job or that's what made KG look bad it's Eli or Eli made him ...

    Also I like the Eli point you made over Peyton I think it's his mental and physical toughness that most elite qbs don't show like Eli does ..you can do whatever you want Eli is going to try and win and that's all there is to it ..you sacking him late doesn't bug him ask the 49ers when he got drilled with his helmet sideways ..still won didn't care ..

    Love that about Eli ..Peyton throws one pick of gets hit too hard same with Tom and they panic ..Eli just has that oh "shucks" face and preps to make you pay lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    I'll agree mostly but do remember if he bashed Eli ppl would say that's bc he cost him his job or that's what made KG look bad it's Eli or Eli made him ...

    Also I like the Eli point you made over Peyton I think it's his mental and physical toughness that most elite qbs don't show like Eli does ..you can do whatever you want Eli is going to try and win and that's all there is to it ..you sacking him late doesn't bug him ask the 49ers when he got drilled with his helmet sideways ..still won didn't care ..

    Love that about Eli ..Peyton throws one pick of gets hit too hard same with Tom and they panic ..Eli just has that oh "shucks" face and preps to make you pay lol
    Exactly. It never gets to his head if he makes a mistake. Eli can forget bad plays very easily. It's hard to find a QB with a mentality as tough as his. That's why they call him Easy Eli haha
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Exactly. It never gets to his head if he makes a mistake. Eli can forget bad plays very easily. It's hard to find a QB with a mentality as tough as his. That's why they call him Easy Eli haha
    Eazy E ..he's the king of NY...Eli's the white version of the king of Compton hahaha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Eazy E ..he's the king of NY...Eli's the white version of the king of Compton hahaha
    Straight Outta Mothphukin New Orleanz beyatch!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •