Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will the Refs Takeover the Nets vs Raptors Series?

Does anyone else think that the combination of the Raptors poor reffing history and Brooklyn being the NBA's only key to NY's market is going to make for one of the worst-reffed series in history? Or do you think the refs will actually play fair?

vCash
    I don't think the NBA is rigged. So I think it will be reffed fair, room for human error must be allowed though, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Is this going to be the excuse once Nets win the series?

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Is this going to be the excuse once Nets win the series?
    If that's the reason I'd imagine, If the nets just outplay them than no. Do the Nets ever have to deal with calls like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk ?
    Last edited by ScottFromCanada; 04-17-2014 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    I've got a good feeling about this thread.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    This is just a really weird thread, why make this at all? If you had any doubt Raptors would win why would this thread be made? I see a lot of raptors fans already before the series even started making excuses. You wont get the refs but you will get playoff intensity something raptors players know zero about. There will be hard fouls, there would be fights there will be trash talk. Its part of the game.

vCash
    The entire country of Canada is pretty big too, isn't it? Nobody cares about the Nets in NY, their market is still NJ.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFromCanada View Post
    If that's the reason I'd imagine, If the nets just outplay them than no. Do the Nets ever have to deal with calls like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk ?
    That should have been a no call but there was actually a thread on that and many agreed that he was the cause of that contact. It's sticking your leg out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    That should have been a no call but there was actually a thread on that and many agreed that he was the cause of that contact. It's sticking your leg out.
    He didn't throw his leg up intentionally or anything that's just how he shoots. It's impossible to keep your balance on a fade-away without putting your leg up somewhat and that's all he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    This is just a really weird thread, why make this at all? If you had any doubt Raptors would win why would this thread be made? I see a lot of raptors fans already before the series even started making excuses. You wont get the refs but you will get playoff intensity something raptors players know zero about. There will be hard fouls, there would be fights there will be trash talk. Its part of the game.
    Don't be a hypocrite

The threads you make are worst than this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The entire country of Canada is pretty big too, isn't it? Nobody cares about the Nets in NY, their market is still NJ.
    Yea but I don't know if all Canadians are loyal to the Raptors. I'm sure a lot of them are but a bunch of people on the west coast probably cheer for Portland or some other team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lol you really don't know what you are talking about.

Geographically yes Canada is bigger. Population wise, no it is smaller.

Basketball plays 3rd fiddle in Canada after hockey and baseball. Maple Leafs not making the playoffs = Front page material. Raptors making the playoffs will still only be in the back of the newspaper.

You would be hard press to find a bar that plays Raptor games. Anywhere you go, you would have to request them to change the channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Don't be a hypocrite

The threads you make are worst than this
    Anyone who watches enough of the Raptors know that this is a realistic possibility. As a Raptors fan I fear the refs more than I fear Paul pierce lol.

vCash
    No. This series will not be decided by rigged calls. The better team will win.

vCash
    The nets players are battle tested, how faced trash talk, playoff hositle arenas everything. If you dont think that means anything you are wrong.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast