Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2014 Offseason Trade/Free Agent Discussion Thread

New thread for the offseason.

Old one is here:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...cussion-Thread

vCash
    I know you are all going to freak on me...but if LeBron opts out do you think we at least try to get a visit from him just to show we are serious? I dont see why not, we would be proving we are for real and wanting to win. We have cap space, nice pieces, multiple picks, his "little brother" Eric Bledsoe and he would have the perfect system for him as well. Just a thought, I know there is zero percent chance but why not try?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsFan02 View Post
    I know you are all going to freak on me...but if LeBron opts out do you think we at least try to get a visit from him just to show we are serious? I dont see why not, we would be proving we are for real and wanting to win. We have cap space, nice pieces, multiple picks, his "little brother" Eric Bledsoe and he would have the perfect system for him as well. Just a thought, I know there is zero percent chance but why not try?
    I'm sure we will at least contact him. Like you said we'll have a young team with CAP space. But we do not necessarily "HAVE" Bledsoe. While i believe we will resign him, it is possible a team offers him the max and Suns might possibly not want to give him that much.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised at mutual interest between James and the Suns. I think the Suns have turned themselves into a very attractive destination so I think there will be interest from a lot of players looking for good weather and competitive basketball.

vCash
    Yes^^^ Especially after the noise they made this year. They showed that they are a Franchise on the rise. With Hornacek, McDonough, and our Training staff, players know that they would be competing for a Championship and their careers could be extended. Would be a great fit for an aging but talented veteran (ala Grant Hill)

vCash
    With how well Archie played this last game, it makes me think we may not bring back Ish this year. Ish will probably get 2-3 mil per (or more possibly) to backup somewhere. He's shown to be a very good backup PG.
    Goodwin needs minutes and that's where I see them coming from I bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    With how well Archie played this last game, it makes me think we may not bring back Ish this year. Ish will probably get 2-3 mil per (or more possibly) to backup somewhere. He's shown to be a very good backup PG.
    Goodwin needs minutes and that's where I see them coming from I bet.
    isn't he on contract next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    isn't he on contract next season?
    Is he? I read that he hoped to be back next season. Maybe it's a team option?

EDIT: Just checked the link below. Team option for next year for just under 1mil. Not a chance we don't pick that up. If nothing else, we could later trade him. That's a bargain though.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm
    Last edited by king4day; 04-18-2014 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    larry coon projects 5 million $ jump in the cap space which is huge for us. That's almost 25 mill in cap for us. Lebron!!!

vCash
    id take ish smith back as the 3rd string PG, but not as the back up.

vCash
    larry coon projects 5 million $ jump in the cap space which is huge for us. That's almost 25 mill in cap for us. Lebron!!!
    I really think if you added LeBron to this team, we'd be title favorites. We would have every position filled assuming he'd play PF. That's why we need to root for Miami to lose and lose bad (second round to Brooklyn).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I really think if you added LeBron to this team, we'd be title favorites. We would have every position filled assuming he'd play PF. That's why we need to root for Miami to lose and lose bad (second round to Brooklyn).
    Bled-Dragic-Green-Bron-Plum/Len to close out games = .

vCash
    Not sure I'd have Plumlee out there just yet closing out games. He needs to get a resemblance of an offensive game to be out there in the closing minutes. Plumlee is an awful free throw shooter and shouldn't really touch the ball towards the ends of games.

Now who wouldnt LOVE LeBron on their team. Wouldn't that be a deadly combination of Dragic-Bledsoe-LeBron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Not sure I'd have Plumlee out there just yet closing out games. He needs to get a resemblance of an offensive game to be out there in the closing minutes. Plumlee is an awful free throw shooter and shouldn't really touch the ball towards the ends of games.

Now who wouldnt LOVE LeBron on their team. Wouldn't that be a deadly combination of Dragic-Bledsoe-LeBron
    And that's how we got eliminated from the playoffs. Hornacek focused just on the offensive part of things and went small or with Frye at C and more times than none we got beat in the paint. That's like saying you don't want Hibbert or DJ or D12 on the floor. I love run n gun and our style but we finally have a C who can run the floor and not get abused by every C in the league on D. They can't just foul him in the last 2 minutes cause that's ft's and the ball back so IMO we need him or Len closing out games. They're just there for alley oops, offensive rebounds and rim protection anyways and I'm sure ft's are going to be a point of emphasis for Plum this off-season.

vCash
    And that's how we got eliminated from the playoffs. Hornacek focused just on the offensive part of things and went small or with Frye at C and more times than none we got beat in the paint. That's like saying you don't want Hibbert or DJ or D12 on the floor. I love run n gun and our style but we finally have a C who can run the floor and not get abused by every C in the league on D. They can't just foul him in the last 2 minutes cause that's ft's and the ball back so IMO we need him or Len closing out games. They're just there for alley oops, offensive rebounds and rim protection anyways and I'm sure ft's are going to be a point of emphasis for Plum this off-season.
    HAHAHAHAHA how and WHY are you lumping Roy Hibbert in with Miles Plumlee?! Hibbert is 10x better offensively than Plumlee and A LOT better free throw shooter than Plumlee or Dwight Howard. Not sure what games you are watching....

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast