Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which were the biggest factors?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clifford / Ewing as coach

10 47.62%
  • Al Jefferson

19 90.48%
  • Progression of Kid / Walker

3 14.29%
  • Rookie Zellar

2 9.52%
  • Role players (Henderson, McRoberts, etc)

3 14.29%
  • Other

3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Charlotte Bobcats: Who gets the credit for their improved play?

They went out and got a "dual coach" in Steve Clifford and Patrick Ewing. They also got Al Jefferson.

And here they are, in the playoffs and not like some 8th seed that has no chance. They actually resembled a playoff team (playoff team, not a contender) by improving their defense to 6th in the league.

So, what is the general consensus on what promoted this turnaround?

Steve Clifford?

Patrick Ewing?

Al Jefferson?

The past young players doing well (Kemba, Biyombo, Kidd)?

The rookie, Zellar?

Defense?

Offense?

What is the general opinion behind it all?

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

vCash
    A little bit of everything + a lot of teams in the East obviously not even trying this season.

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- go check it out. Buckets!"

vCash

Charlotte Bobcats: Who gets the credit for their improved play?

The coach. Their defense is surprisingly good for their roster. Collectively, their coach has managed to make the best out of what they have. Al Jefferson is a complete stud. Severely underrated - especially his post work. They made it to the playoffs and that's some serious improvement considering no one expected them to even win 20 or so games. I must say, I think their coach deserves top 3 in consideration for COTY. Huge turnaround for them!

vCash
    They have a decent roster and it's the flipping eastern conference... It would be one thing if they were a top 3 seed or something

vCash
    Coach and their philosophy on defense

They don't go for offensive rebounds and instead sprint back to play defense. Don't think I've seen something like that or did but thought nothing of it but it help them become the 6th best defensive team

However their playing in a slightly down year in the east and is only 16-24 against +500 teams but they can only go up moving forward

vCash
    MJ. They finally stop playing the draft and went out and sign some nba talent.

vCash
    on defense- coach Clifford and his staff.
    on offense- big AL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The coach. Their defense is surprisingly good for their roster. Collectively, their coach has managed to make the best out of what they have. Al Jefferson is a complete stud. Severely underrated - especially his post work. They made it to the playoffs and that's some serious improvement considering no one expected them to even win 20 or so games. I must say, I think their coach deserves top 3 in consideration for COTY. Huge turnaround for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    Coach and their philosophy on defense

They don't go for offensive rebounds and instead sprint back to play defense. Don't think I've seen something like that or did but thought nothing of it but it help them become the 6th best defensive team

However their playing in a slightly down year in the east and is only 16-24 against +500 teams but they can only go up moving forward
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    on defense- coach Clifford and his staff.
    on offense- big AL
    These posts sum it up pretty nicely. To get a lineup of Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Al Jefferson, MKG to play elite defense (top 5 this year) is pretty damn impressive. I give Steve Clifford a ton of credit for that. Offensively though they still would have been a disaster guys like Kemba-Henderson-Sessions trying to lead the team in scoring. Al Jefferson's 22ppg on 51% fg (54%ts) was huge for them. And if anything, Jefferson just seemed to get stronger and stronger as the months went on. Steve Clifford and the coaching staff get the most credit with Al Jeff second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    These posts sum it up pretty nicely. To get a lineup of Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Al Jefferson, MKG to play elite defense (top 5 this year) is pretty damn impressive. I give Steve Clifford a ton of credit for that. Offensively though they still would have been a disaster guys like Kemba-Henderson-Sessions trying to lead the team in scoring. Al Jefferson's 22ppg on 51% fg (54%ts) was huge for them. And if anything, Jefferson just seemed to get stronger and stronger as the months went on. Steve Clifford and the coaching staff get the most credit with Al Jeff second.

thats what im thinking. the coaches have done great and al jefferson beings something they wanted from kemba/zellar/kid-gil (who didn't bring it).

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Love the fit there, they have a ceiling tho, unless they can get a stud wing, they wont be making any noise. MKG has alot of pressure on him to improve IMO.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Clifford

vCash
    They desperately need to get a good stretch 4 and some knock down shooters on the wings to maximize what they have atm but all in all I couldn't be happier for them. I've been a Big Al fan since his Boston days so it's finally nice to see him getting his dues, plus as others have mentioned above the coaching staff really transformed them into a powerhouse on D, which they definitely needed given their offensive restrictions. As for MKG, as good of a defender as he is, he should certainly try and provide at least some sort of offensive consistency. I'm pretty sure there are teams that completely ignore him on D and that's not acceptable if you wanna be a starter for a PO team.