Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What is the fate of Dantoni?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • He get's fired at the exit meeting.

2 9.09%
  • He will get fired before the draft.

15 68.18%
  • He won't be fired. One more year of Dantoni.

5 22.73%
  • They will extend his contract.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dantoni Watch (Poll)

Alright the season is finally over. Most of us want Dantoni's head. But some more realists believe he will be back.

So how do you think it will go down?

If you chose options 1 or 2, who do you hire to replace him?
    Last edited by RoyalG333; 04-17-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    i think hes done. but its hard to say. this aint the same lakers no more. i mean im a laker till im gon, but who the heck knows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    i think hes done. but its hard to say. this aint the same lakers no more. i mean im a laker till im gon, but who the heck knows
    You made a thread about how we should embrace dantoni, right?

vCash
    Doubt he'll be back.. Kobe wants to win now which he can't if dantoni is coach because of the following

1. No superstar free agents will come here period
    2. No decent player will come here unless we overpay them
    3. Pau won't resign (his best days are behind but I do feel like, under the right system meaning not dantonis system, he will be an all star type player)
    4. Most other Lakers will not resign (young and farmar will)
    5. Dantoni is ****in dantoni.. You can't win with him

I don't buy into this ******** where the FO will just kick back for a year and have their big huge free agent splash in 2015.. Yes I believe that will be a good off season too but I think 2014 will be a great off season as well. The Lakers will make it happen, I feel it.. Kobe tweeting basically every day that next years team will be a billion times better tells me there are some big things ahead and Kobe has been informed about them. Dantoni won't be back.. Only "logical" reason anyone as came up with that they would keep dantoni is,"oh yea it'd be a GREAT idea to keep him so the Lakers can tank again and get a top pick in the NBA draft for 2015".. That's one of the most unintelligent things I've heard.. Haha that pick is top 5 protected, if its out of the top 5 it will go to phoenix which means the Lakers will have to AT LEAST finish with the second worst record in the league to guarantee a top 5 pick(yes odds are in their favor to get a top 5 pick with 3rd or 4th worst record but there is still a chance to get the 6th or 7th pick depending on how the lottery balls fall).

Then there are some who say well yea but he will still get paid $4mill.. Well, as I said before no free agent that either has all star potential or is a superstar will sign with Lakers UNLESS they overpay for them.. Why not just fire dantoni, take the cap hit, and enjoy a better option of free agents at most likely a better price as well? Its better short term and long term imo...

There is NO good substantial reason to keep dantoni for next year

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Well Ramon Shelbourne was on 710 the other day and she said, despite the Laker FO's denial of an imminent D'Antoni dismissal, she has reason to believe there will be a new captain at the helm of next season's tank for a top 5 mission.

And, as they say, 'when Ramona speaks, you stop and listen'... or is it 'stop listening'?

vCash
    The right answer is that he SHOULD be fired...

what will the Lakers do? I have no idea and I doubt they do at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    You made a thread about how we should embrace dantoni, right?
    Yea. I was looking at one of his comments of him trashing Dantoni and then I remembered he was the same guy who was backing him up before.

vCash
    Flush this terd down the drain. He should have never been hired in the first place.

vCash
    We just paid Kobe and Nash $40 million to watch the team play......might as well have just set that money on fire....I dont see how $4 million to D'Antoni is an expense that will create any further hardship on the Lakers organization, when the cost going forward could be even more than that in lost revenues. Thank you for your efforts, coach....see ya.

vCash
    In my opinion, I keep Dantoni, and lay in the bed I made. The Lakers are in a great financial situation in 2015 if they swallow all of their pills next year (Nash, Dantoni, 1/2 of Kobe). As much as I to like listen to Stephen A. Smith and the rest of the media hyperbolize the fall of the Lakers, it's just smart business. Eat the money and move on. This is the Knicks' problem. They listen to the media and can't make the hard choices.

If I'm the Lakers, I get everyone in the room (Mitch, Jeanie, Jim, and whomever else needs to be there <the bartender for all I care>) and make sure there is one plan going forward. This year I draft the player who best fits that plan (make sure he gets PT), I fill in the roster with one year deals again (LOL at giving Nick Young more than 2 years), then I make a run at a markee free agent after next year.

vCash
    Can't stand him, but we might as well keep him another year... we're not winning anything next year anyway, with or without him. Plus, aren't the Lakers still paying Brown's contract?

vCash
    Fire the mfkr already, can't stand this ahole and his coaching

vCash

Dantoni Watch (Poll)

Bring in Vince McMahon to the office so he can personally tell dantoni

"YOU'RE FIRRRED!!!!!!!!"
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Yea. I was looking at one of his comments of him trashing Dantoni and then I remembered he was the same guy who was backing him up before.
    He made too much time but finally got it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Flush this terd down the drain. He should have never been hired in the first place.
    This

vCash
    Am I the only only guy that wants Jerry Sloan?????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast