Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The 2014 offseason

The offseason is officially upon us. This is going to be a very busy one for the Kings. The draft lottery is May 20th. They have a few roster decisions to make:

Keep IT?

Can they get rid of a PF? or 2? or 3?

Who will start at Point next year if Isiah goes? Ray Mac?

Rudy Gay?

Who will come in to push McLemore next season?

Can we get rid of Travis Outlaw?

Plus we have the arena stuff to look forward to. I believe shovel hits dirt in October this year. Anyway, fun offseason ahead! No uncertainty!

Significant news should get its own thread.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I think its fairly simple. If Rudy Gay opts in we are over the salary cap, so we won't be bringing in a free agent except for a possible MLE. Our only choice then I think is try and resign Isiah Thomas if we can get him at a fair contract.

I think we are probably stuck with our crappy players until their contracts run out or we take on some other teams crappy players until their contracts run out.

vCash
    You can use your MLE to sign draft picks as well. Since if Rudy Gay opts in your at $70M according to.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/sa...s-team-salary/ $47M for cap if Gay leaves. #7 pick cost about $2.8M according to your very own guy drafted last season in McLemore at #7.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

They have you at $66.5M. Not sure which site is correct?

vCash
    Well in 2k14 in my Association I managed to Trade Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams on Draft Day. We had the 8th Pick and I drafted Jabari Parker, then I made another move (I forget what I did) but I ended up with the 13th pick and I drafted Joel Embiid.

Rudy Gay opted in prior to the draft so I new I had to make a few moves in order to sign resign Isaiah because unfortunately on 2k14 when you start the season with the Kings, Isaiah is not under the restricted free agent rookie contract (shoulder shrugs) ......So hes unrestricted and I can't go over the cap to resign him as an unrestricted FA.

But yeah, I ended up drafting Parker at 8, Embiid at 13 and Jerami Grant in the 2nd round. I traded Landry, Thompson, Williams and Outlaw to different teams. (I got Austin Rivers in one of the trades) But I was really just looking to dump salary of Landry and Thompson. to get some free agency money. I believe I ended up with about 10 million to spend after all the trades and signing the rookies. So I resigned Isaiah Thomas to a 4 year deal (5 year player option) worth about 8 million a year. And I think I also signed Boris Diaw for the hell of it. for a veteran PF.

I think I went into the season with about -700k or something like that. McClemore developed really well for me in the off season, hes about an 80 overall right now.

My starting 5 is
    Isiah Thomas (82 overall)
    Ben McClemore (80 overall)
    Rudy Gay (84 overall)
    Jabari Parker (78 overall)
    Demarcus Cousins (86 overall)

my bench is
    Jason Terry (76)
    Ray McCallum (77)
    Joel Embiid (75)
    Reggie Evans (72)
    Jerami Grant (67?)
    Austin Rivers (70)
    Boris Diaw (66?)

I start Parker at 4 but Embiid and Evans gets much of the playing time there. I'm not really familiar with parkers game yet so he ends up on the bench subbing in for Gay most of the time until I figure out his game lol. But him and Gay mirror each other in size both are 6'8 230.

But I guess the computer knows how to use Parker well at the 4 because Believe it or not because of the development of the guys during training camp and with that starting lineup with him at the 4, this team ended up being the #2 seed in the West playoffs. I simulated the season and Mike Malone got Coach of the Year. I'm in the First Round playoffs right now in the 2015 season vs the Clippers #7 seed, I'm up 2-0 going into L.A. For game 3.

Gay is avg. about 31 points the first 2 games. Isaiah is playing kind of boo boo though, only avg. about 7 points. the first 2 games. Shooting the ball horribly. in game 2 he was 2-11 from the field, 5 points and 8 assist. McCallum is avg. more off the bench then Thomas at this point. He's avg. 10. Thomas is really struggling so far against CP3. He's outplaying him on both sides of the court.

but It's fun to see the kings in the playoffs in any kind of capacity though, even the video game lol So I'm enjoying the run. Maybe it's a sign of things to come, maybe they might have a decent off-season and most importantly develop well and have a break out year next year finally!

The first game was close I barely won 100-98, then game 2 I was struggling a while and was own about 7 most of the game, but fought hard in the 4th and came back and took it. I think I won by like 5 in the end. like 106-101.

But enough with 2k.....Who do you think we should target in the draft this off season, whats our needs?
    You think Embiid or parker are good fits in Sacramento?
    Last edited by kings2010; 04-20-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    I'm excited about Kings basketball again!

vCash
    I just read that the NBA is going to raise the salary cap by about $5 million. We should be able to re-sign IT without worrying about the luxury tax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kings2010:28347475
    Well in 2k14 in my Association I managed to Trade Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams on Draft Day. We had the 8th Pick and I drafted Jabari Parker, then I made another move (I forget what I did) but I ended up with the 13th pick and I drafted Joel Embiid.

Rudy Gay opted in prior to the draft so I new I had to make a few moves in order to sign resign Isaiah because unfortunately on 2k14 when you start the season with the Kings, Isaiah is not under the restricted free agent rookie contract (shoulder shrugs) ......So hes unrestricted and I can't go over the cap to resign him as an unrestricted FA.

But yeah, I ended up drafting Parker at 8, Embiid at 13 and Jerami Grant in the 2nd round. I traded Landry, Thompson, Williams and Outlaw to different teams. (I got Austin Rivers in one of the trades) But I was really just looking to dump salary of Landry and Thompson. to get some free agency money. I believe I ended up with about 10 million to spend after all the trades and signing the rookies. So I resigned Isaiah Thomas to a 4 year deal (5 year player option) worth about 8 million a year. And I think I also signed Boris Diaw for the hell of it. for a veteran PF.

I think I went into the season with about -700k or something like that. McClemore developed really well for me in the off season, hes about an 80 overall right now.

My starting 5 is
    Isiah Thomas (82 overall)
    Ben McClemore (80 overall)
    Rudy Gay (84 overall)
    Jabari Parker (78 overall)
    Demarcus Cousins (86 overall)

my bench is
    Jason Terry (76)
    Ray McCallum (77)
    Joel Embiid (75)
    Reggie Evans (72)
    Jerami Grant (67?)
    Austin Rivers (70)
    Boris Diaw (66?)

I start Parker at 4 but Embiid and Evans gets much of the playing time there. I'm not really familiar with parkers game yet so he ends up on the bench subbing in for Gay most of the time until I figure out his game lol. But him and Gay mirror each other in size both are 6'8 230.

But I guess the computer knows how to use Parker well at the 4 because Believe it or not because of the development of the guys during training camp and with that starting lineup with him at the 4, this team ended up being the #2 seed in the West playoffs. I simulated the season and Mike Malone got Coach of the Year. I'm in the First Round playoffs right now in the 2015 season vs the Clippers #7 seed, I'm up 2-0 going into L.A. For game 3.

Gay is avg. about 31 points the first 2 games. Isaiah is playing kind of boo boo though, only avg. about 7 points. the first 2 games. Shooting the ball horribly. in game 2 he was 2-11 from the field, 5 points and 8 assist. McCallum is avg. more off the bench then Thomas at this point. He's avg. 10. Thomas is really struggling so far against CP3. He's outplaying him on both sides of the court.

but It's fun to see the kings in the playoffs in any kind of capacity though, even the video game lol So I'm enjoying the run. Maybe it's a sign of things to come, maybe they might have a decent off-season and most importantly develop well and have a break out year next year finally!

The first game was close I barely won 100-98, then game 2 I was struggling a while and was own about 7 most of the game, but fought hard in the 4th and came back and took it. I think I won by like 5 in the end. like 106-101.

But enough with 2k.....Who do you think we should target in the draft this off season, whats our needs?
    You think Embiid or parker are good fits in Sacramento?
    I had my team

Thomas - McCallum
    McLemore - Stephenson
    Gay - Orlando Johnson
    Landry - D Williams
    Cousins - JT - Evans.

We played clippers too lol. Actually won the championship, game seven in Miami. Was frustrating because Lebron and Wade went off for nearly 40 every game. Had to trade Stephenson and Williams for Iggy because they wanted more PT.

Also did it with 76ers. Ended with MCW - Beal - Kobe - Parker - Noel with Zach Lavine - Blake - Anderson - Royce - Drummond off the bench.

I wouldn't mind Parker or Embiid but I doubt either falls to us.

vCash
    All I care about now is getting a better pick than the Lakers in the lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    not gonna happen ^ we always get screwed in the lottery

vCash
    I'm curious to see if we end up keeping it or trading it. We all know the Kings are in a win now kind of mode, so maybe Doesn't make sense for them to draft another project.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    If we trade the pick, I think the only logical target would be a starting PF. Some reasonable possibilities are:

Taj Gibson
    Derrick Favors
    Greg Monroe
    Al Horford
    Paul Millsap
    Larry Sanders
    John Henson
    Ryan Anderson
    Tristan Thompson
    Anderson Varejao
    Thad Young

These are just off the top of my head and I'm not saying our pick straight up for all of these guys, but do any of these players interest you guys?

vCash
    I would love if we could pick up Larry Sanders or Horford.

vCash
    I thought we can't trade the pick, as we still have a conditional first traded away...

I don't know if you can draft a player, then trade them. So that's a possibility.

I like that we made the offer to IT... At the very least, we could use him in a sign and trade. As for possible targets, Larry sanders could help, but doesn't he have a huge contract?

vCash
    I think the key to our offseason will be retaining gay. Having him at SF gives us flexibility in the draft. And if wiggins or parker fall in our lap, we could trade gay for another pick or good player. Gotta keep and add talent. Not lose it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I thought we can't trade the pick, as we still have a conditional first traded away...

I don't know if you can draft a player, then trade them. So that's a possibility.

I like that we made the offer to IT... At the very least, we could use him in a sign and trade. As for possible targets, Larry sanders could help, but doesn't he have a huge contract?
    You're right, we can't trade the pick itself. We would have to draft for another team and then make the trade.

vCash
    Sign and Trade Isiah to get assets to acquire Westbrook. Trade Isiah Assets along with first pick for Russell Westbrook.

PG: Westbrook
    SG: Ben McClemore
    SF: Rudy Gay
    PF: Thompson/ Landry
    C: DMC

Bring In Proven Vet
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast