Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

CJ Edwards: we'll win the pennant in 2-3 years.

With how awful this team is I thought y'all would enjoy something a little less depressing, and just a really good interview of CJ Edwards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-ya...134242043.html

I can't pull quotes because, I don't know, it won't let me highlight stuff, but there is a lot of cool stuff he says, particularly talking very realistically about how guys never know how they'll look in the big leagues.

I love cocky arrogant Baez ****, but this is also really cool. 10/10 I highly recommend.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Man CJ I hope you're right. Making the playoffs next year would be a nice start.

vCash
    Love the advice and guidance he's received from his pops. Loved hearing about working efficiently in those middle innings so that he can go deep into games. Just his mentality seems to be proper.

Also love his mechanics. They are very fluid and his arm is explosive.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    I like the positiveness.

vCash
    Love the optimism.. The Cubs have a ton of talent in the pipeline..just need to get these kids developed and onto the Bigs..

vCash
    These are the kind of players you really hope make impacts in the majors, because they come with the swagger and confidence to turn franchises around. Talking about Edwards and Baez. You want those guys on the mound for big games, at the plate during crucial situations. They don't accept what history says. They would rather rewrite it. Almora strikes me as one of these guys as well. He just wins, will do anything it takes to win, and will inspire those around him to play that kind of ball as well. There will certainly be someone that points out that Edwards hasn't pitched a game in the majors yet yada, yada, yada, but I love this! These are the kind of guys who inspire organizational change. Good for you, kid. Hope we see you at Wrigley soon.

vCash
    I love how good of friends the minor leaguers are. It's cool to watch a bunch of good prospects having a good time working their way through the system together.

vCash
    He's right.

vCash
    I like that he said hes got to work on this and that. Even though hes dominating in the minors right now he feels he needs to improve stuff. Thats a sign of a future possible star. The one attribute all stars have is the desire to improve all the time and never stop working even when your doing great. The ones that fade away are the ones that think theyve done enough. Like this kid alot.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Sure he's not talking about AAA Iowa?

vCash
    Wanna bet, CJ?

vCash
    Good for him, I like this guy and hope he has it in him to become the Cubs Ace. I'm not betting on it though (nothing against CJ, just law of averages + Cubs luck).

vCash
    Bring this game up right now. I just want to win another game by time May starts.