Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How bout that Recker?

Another start by our backup catcher, another multiple hit game, this time a double and a homer.

Attention must be paid, boys!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Jonhy Bench?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All:28331159
    Jonhy Bench?
    I couldn't think of a great catcher named Anthony.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

How bout that Recker?

I knew this was coming.

Haha
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I knew this was coming.

Haha
    Geez, the guy has more than doubled TDA's production in a fraction of the PAs.

Geez.

Better than Anthony Pena? Nah, doesn't work. John Buck was easy.

vCash
    On the other hand the Rector Rectory has quite a ring to it, don't you think?

vCash
    I am a Recker fan as well. The man can hit that is for sure.

vCash

How bout that Recker?

The Reincarnation of Recker?
    The Rise of Recker?

vCash
    Funny how many catchers we've had on recent years that have gone on crazy HR tears: Castro, Barajas, Buck...Recker still hasn't done enough to get on this list.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    How about we call him a much older "Mike Jacobs?"
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    How about we call him a much older "Mike Jacobs?"
    I loved me some Mike Jacobs, after that first series in Arizona I thought he was going to be the next Barry Bonds, lol...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    From today's Newsday: "Collins said he'll consider giving backup catcher Anthony Recker more time. Recker homered twice on the trip. Travis d'Arnaud is hitting .154."

vCash
    As long as we're on topic I'd like to personally thank FoC for starting this thread and clearly initiating the end of Rector's career as a Met.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve:28331654
    As long as we're on topic I'd like to personally thank FoC for starting this thread and clearly initiating the end of Rector's career as a Met.
    Yeah.

He.ll win the home run title and will be promptly traded for prospects.

vCash
    Recker > TDA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast