Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Christine Michael Class Act

Cowboy fan here, just read the article about Christine Michael taken the high school girl to her prom because no one would, What a class act, hats off to Christine Michael

Seahawks running back Christine Michael takes girl with autism to her prom

A couple months after being part of a Seahawks team that won a Super Bowl, Christine Michael couldn't have looked any happier dancing at a high school prom.

His date, Taylor Kirkwood, looked even happier.

Kirkwood, from Houston, is autistic and suffered from scoliosis until surgery a couple years ago. Michael, a former running back at Texas A&M, was a friend of the family and gladly accepted an invitation to be Kirkwood's prom date, according to a story on Click2Houston.com.

That's how the running back, a second-round pick of the Seahawks last year, ended up at Anahuac High School getting down in a pink shirt that matched Kirkwood's dress.

"I'm just here for Taylor," Michael told Click2Houston.com. "It's a blessing. Like I said, she's a beautiful kid. I'm very proud of her."

It isn't too unusual for a high school senior to go to prom with a football player, it's just rare that the player is already in the NFL. Good for Michael. It definitely gives Kirkwood a pretty cool story about her high school prom to tell for years to come.

vCash
    Cool guy, glad he is apart of the team.

vCash
    Very kind thing for him to do i heard bad things about him coming out of A&M but he has been nothing but a model citizen even sitting all year waiting for his chance.

vCash
    Great story. Classy move by him. Wouldn't mind seeing him get the rock a bit more in 2014!

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    I heard a scout joked they wouldn't bring him in for a predraft meeting because they were worried what he might steal.

#classact

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I heard a scout joked they wouldn't bring him in for a predraft meeting because they were worried what he might steal.

#classact
    How would he know? Does he stalk Michael?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    How would he know? Does he stalk Michael?
    Well, he was half joking. He said he had met him before

But obviously if a scout is saying the joked that he was that bad of a guy, it isn't good.

He could be a great guy but the character concerns were thick on that one.

He called him something else terribly funny too. I remember they asked about this D2 WR Courtney Gardner and he called him a brick with lips. It was terrific (Guy never even made the PS for a team either and he had great measurables and production).

Hard to deny Michael has other worldy talent, but there was so much smoke all over that one. I'm sure teams were scared.

Maybe he's cleaned up his act or that was always overblown but that joke about him always made me laugh.
    Last edited by Norm; 04-20-2014 at 04:54 PM.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Well, he was half joking. He said he had met him before

But obviously if a scout is saying the joked that he was that bad of a guy, it isn't good.

He could be a great guy but the character concerns were thick on that one.

He called him something else terribly funny too. I remember they asked about this D2 WR Courtney Gardner and he called him a brick with lips. It was terrific (Guy never even made the PS for a team either and he had great measurables and production).

Hard to deny Michael has other worldy talent, but there was so much smoke all over that one. I'm sure teams were scared.

Maybe he's cleaned up his act or that was always overblown but that joke about him always made me laugh.
    I follow him on Instagram. Not the biggest fan of him as a person. Don't think we've ever had a player quite like this before. He always posts freestyles and if memory serves he drops the N word pretty regularly in them. He seems to work really hard, but it sorta seems like he's working hard so he can show everyone and he hashtags something along the lines of #IWantItSoBadItHurts all the time. Gonna be a sad day when Marshawn hits a brick wall. Love that guy and everything he does.

That being said, Christine Michael is going to be an absolute stud, IMO. More explosive Frank Gore?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I follow him on Instagram. Not the biggest fan of him as a person. Don't think we've ever had a player quite like this before. He always posts freestyles and if memory serves he drops the N word pretty regularly in them. He seems to work really hard, but it sorta seems like he's working hard so he can show everyone and he hashtags something along the lines of #IWantItSoBadItHurts all the time. Gonna be a sad day when Marshawn hits a brick wall. Love that guy and everything he does.

That being said, Christine Michael is going to be an absolute stud, IMO. More explosive Frank Gore?
    The N word is actually pretty common in the football world they use it all the time even on social networks.

Him posting about wanting it bad isn't a bad thing either at least it isn't like LaMichael James who put it out there that he wanted playing time to the public.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 04-21-2014 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    The N word is actually pretty common in the football world they use it all the time even on social networks.

Him posting about wanting it bad isn't a bad thing either at least it isn't like LaMichael James who put it out there that he wanted playing time to the public.
    Posting freestyles dropping it (and I'm pretty sure with the hard R) is not common.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Posting freestyles dropping it (and I'm pretty sure with the hard R) is not common.
    Personally i would never do it but they use that word all the time they are always talking about it on First Take debating it whether or not black athletes should be calling each other it.

vCash
    Personally i would never do it but they use that word all the time they are always talking about it on First Take debating it whether or not black athletes should be calling each other it.
    Wait are you black? Lol.

I think it's fine. The new rule is dumb.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Wait are you black? Lol.

I think it's fine. The new rule is dumb.
    Nah caucasian lol but even if i was black i wouldn't use the word.