Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotation Spot

vCash

Rotation Spot

With Colon and Mejia possibly missing a start each, do the Mets look to bring up Montero, Syndergaard, or DeGrom?

vCash
    Nope, not gonna happen. It will probably Lannan replacing Colon for a start and Matsu

vCash
    For a start or even two it makes no sense. Plus, they may eventually push them each back a start when they reassess but so far the reporting has said that they don't plan on it. Mejia's due for an extra day anyway.

vCash
    This probably isn't the intended purpose of this thread, but how do you guys see the rotation shaking out over the next few year? We really do have a surplus of arms and it's going to be really interesting to see who earns one of the coveted spots.

Given the time and assets invested in them, one would think Harvey, Wheeler, and Syndergaard are foregone conclusions. There's 3 spots right there. Beyond that, we've got Gee signed for this year, Colon through next year, Niese through 2016 at the major league level. Obviously Montero is next in line and will likely get called up before Noah. I'm really hoping he takes a spot and never lets go. His demeanor is just perfect for a long term starter-- works quickly, doesn't mess around, excellent call. Just a pro's pro. Can't wait to see him in NY.

And then obviously all the minor league arms eagerly waiting a call up.

What do you envision for the future of our rotation?

vCash

colon will miss start dice k or possibility of thor will more than likely replace him

Unknown if dice k or thor will be used to replace colon for one start later this week. Mets must make a move soon or they will have an open roster space for home series. They can fill that space now they are close to their minor league team in Vegas currently they are on last day of a west coast series. If they add a player today it would not be official until tomorrow on the roster could be a trip to the dl for Colon for a short period. Thanks to quote from Adam Ruben again.

vCash
    Realistically, many of these pitchers will either bust or get injured. We do have a surplus of pitching, but it's not as large as many believe. I think that one or two arms will be moved for a bat. This will either come in the form of a short stop or first baseman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Mejia should be ready to go for his next start. Colon is a beast, odds on he starts Saturday.

vCash
    If they need a spot starter I could see then calling up deGrom because he is on the 40 man roster and no other move has to be made. If they need a guy for multiple starts it will he dice K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Realistically, many of these pitchers will either bust or get injured. We do have a surplus of pitching, but it's not as large as many believe. I think that one or two arms will be moved for a bat. This will either come in the form of a short stop or first baseman.
    Who do you think gets dealt?

Give me your projected 2016 rotation.

vCash
    I think that Niese and Gee have the potential to net a nice return since they have both had moderate success at the major league level and are both inexpensive. They're also on the right side of 30. But, their upsides are more limited than guys like deGrom, Montero, Matz, etc. If a potential trade partner is looking for pitching that has greater potential, and wouldn't mind guys that are further away, then the Mets would also be able to make a decent offer.

I can't say which players the Mets will or may trade, because it depends on the other team. Gee or Niese may have the same likelihood of being moved as guys like Montero and deGrom. I would like to think that Montero has enough value to the Mets that he would be kept, but it depends on the return as well. I wouldn't mind trading Montero for Javier Baez, but it would probably take more than just Montero.

Barring injuries and catastrophic failure from now until then, I think three pitchers are locks for the 2016 rotation. They are Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler and Noah Syndergaard. I think that those three guys will survive all trade scenarios. Again, a team may come along and offer something for Wheeler or Syndergaard that is too hard to ignore. I just think it's unlikely that will happen and that Alderson would be willing to trade them.

The final two spots could be anyone from inside the organization or out. Based on my own preference, I would like Jenrry Mejia and Rafael Montero to fill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    metsblog
    Bartolo Colon has been getting treatment for a stiff back, the same issue that put him on the disabled list in 2008, he said (ESPN, Apr. 15).

Colon let up nine earned runs, including four home runs, in last start against the Angels.

Sandy Alderson acknowledged the treatment and said he expects Colon to make his next start (Carig, Apr. 15).
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Montero is ready
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    Nope, not gonna happen. It will probably Lannan replacing Colon for a start and Matsu
    I agree. Daisuke will be brought up before deGrom, Montero or Syndergaard. The other spot will be taken by the "spot starter" who is either Lannan or Torres. Not sure which is the spot starter these days. When the time is right, deGrom (if he continues the way he is) will be brought up and worked in the bullpen. Montero will come up as a starter presumably mid season. Syndergaard - he isn't doing all that well in AAA so they might want him to exhibit some success there before moving him up.

vCash
    Dice-K up. Lannon out.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Dice-K up. Lannon out.
    I agree with Dug. That's why they brought Dice-K here was to provide depth

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast