Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Postseason Awards (ESPN)

DPOY: Joakim Noah
    According to our panel, Chicago's Joakim Noah has overtaken Hibbert as the best defender this season, and it's not even close.

The Bulls big man earned more than three times as many first-place votes as the Pacers' rim protector, who finished second in the voting.

Golden State's Andre Iguodala finished third.

Noah averaged 11.2 rebounds per game, 1.5 blocks per game and 1.2 steals per game this season for a team that boasts the second-best defensive efficiency mark in the NBA.
    6th Man: Taj Gibson
    Our panel thinks Gibson should take home the honors, but sees Crawford actually winning the award for the second time in his career.

Gibson has been a key player in keeping Chicago's bench a strong point, shouldering more responsibilities for a playoff-bound team that traded Luol Deng midseason and dealt with the ongoing injury problems of Derrick Rose.

Meanwhile, Crawford continued to thrive in his sixth-man role with the Clippers, and also stepped in admirably as a starter when his teammates went down with injuries.
    I don't know if either player will actually win either award, but at this point Noah HAS to get some kind of postseason award, whether it's DPOY or 1st Team All NBA or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    DPOY: Joakim Noah

6th Man: Taj Gibson

I don't know if either player will actually win either award, but at this point Noah HAS to get some kind of postseason award, whether it's DPOY or 1st Team All NBA or both.
    noah will win it(i think its a near lock now).since the pacers slide,hibbert has become a no go...i also think he gets an all nba and all d team

gibson getting 6thmoty is a lot more up in there air ,as there is a lot more competition,but he's def in the mix for it

vCash
    Valid point about the Pacers slide, plus Hibbert himself hasn't been very good either during their struggles.

vCash
    Crawford started 23 games he shouldn't qualify anymore

vCash
    Noah should of won DPOY last year getting hurt is the only reason that makes sense other than those awards are just stupid no way he doesn't win it this year Hibbert and Gasol aren't even close as far as Noah. He does everything they do at a quicker pace Hibbert is the better rim protector but after that he's pretty average guards can easily blow past him and he sucks at rebounding. Howard is the best but after that it's Noah and he deserves it this year no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    noah will win it(i think its a near lock now).since the pacers slide,hibbert has become a no go...i also think he gets an all nba and all d team

gibson getting 6thmoty is a lot more up in there air ,as there is a lot more competition,but he's def in the mix for it
    100% this

Noah is a lock. The one that will be interesting to see is if Gibson can take home the 6th man award as well.

Unfortunately Thibs won't win coach of the year.

vCash
    I think Noah 1st team all NBA is a lock as well. Awesome year for Jo.

vCash
    Jo No is all NBA and defensive first team along with DPOY.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Question, why does DJ Augustine not get more credit when it comes to being 6th man, I mean, him and taj have lead our bench, and i would argue DJ has had more of an impact in alot of games than Taj.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Question, why does DJ Augustine not get more credit when it comes to being 6th man, I mean, him and taj have lead our bench, and i would argue DJ has had more of an impact in alot of games than Taj.
    not here the full year hurts him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    He hasn't been here the full year, Taj overshadows him, other players on other teams overshadow him. Augustin gets enough credit imo, he just doesn't deserve it over a number of guys which is why he's not mentioned for it

vCash
    Agreed that Dj should get some love on both 6th man and MIP, although it is understandable that he wont win either. Just dont know why I dont hear him getting any love whatsoever

vCash
    What if he doesn't win First Team nba and wins DPOY.. has that happened before?

#Game6 #Toews #Champs #StanleybackinChicago #Hawks

vCash
    Marc Gasol won DPOY last year, and wasn't even First Team All-Defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFan4Eva View Post
    What if he doesn't win First Team nba and wins DPOY.. has that happened before?
    all nba? yeah,lots of times